Safe amount of weight

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkPotions

Reaction score
I have just booked my summer holiday to Sri Lanka for the 16th July. Woohoo!

My problem is i'm a lot heavier than i was a year ago and none of my summer clothes fit me and i don't want to buy more as they're all new. Weird i know.

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can lose a large safe amount of weight in that time (like diet ideas etc)

I have a bad leg after a recent accident so gyms and cardio work is mostly out!

I'm really depressed i was a size 10 last summer and now i'm a 12/14 is it possible to get back to a 10 in 6weeks with healthy eating and light exercise?

Any help would be appreciated xxx

Last edited:
Now, I havent looked at it in detail myself but GMTV have launched there bikini diet which you follow for 6 weeks.

This may help you. Go to their website for details.

The only exercise that may not hurt your leg is swimming.

Hmmm how fast could i learn how to swim?

Try aqua areobics hun, it doesn't involve swimming - speak to the instructor first to check about your leg though.
I know when I did it a couple of years back they did classes during the day and evening, during the day the more mature people went and it was an easier pace.

I'm on wk 2 of the cambridge diet, and have lost 1 stone 2bs in those 2 weeks. The company states that if you stick to the plan you will lose a stone a month. Its not easy, but it is quick!!!

Hmmm how fast could i learn how to swim?

Didn't know that you couldn't swim, but you could always wear armbands. (only kidding)

Aqua Aerobic is a great idea and would help you shift the weight quicker than if you did no exercise.

The other option is to go for a good old fashioned walk evedryday. Combined that with healthy eating and you will soon see the weight come off.

ive had a very dodgey knee problem and so the onlthing i could do that dident cause me pain for hours after was yogalates its a combo of yoga and pilates i really tones you up and is i really good work out im always sweating hard when i finish
make loads of fresh soups and eat salad with everything ! the only problem with losing weight double fast is it can come back on quick too

good luck im on the losing weight battle as my gym has been shut for 5 wks and im going all flabby again !
xx

I have just booked my summer holiday to Sri Lanka for the 16th June. Woohoo!

My problem is i'm a lot heavier than i was a year ago and none of my summer clothes fit me and i don't want to buy more as they're all new. Weird i know.

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can lose a large safe amount of weight in that time (like diet ideas etc)

I'm really depressed i was a size 10 last summer and now i'm a 12/14 is it possible to get back to a 10 in 6weeks with healthy eating and light exercise?

i lost over a stone and a half with slimming world, would recommend it, Programme is easy to follow, no food is banned and its not faddy. I still stick to it now. Good luck!

I have just booked my summer holiday to Sri Lanka for the 16th June. Woohoo!

Dont like to be the bearer of bad news but 16th june is only 2 weeks away chick!:rolleyes:

Slimfast for two weeks?

lol i meant July xxx

Try Patrick Holfords Gl diet!

right down what you are eating each day and see where you can improve and change also note the time of day you're eating your meals and when you find you;re snacking, don;t eat too late as yur digestive system slows down, always start with a good breakfast to kickstart your metabolism, i think grapefruit is good for this but i'm not sure.

what is your injury and are you fully weight bearing, did you go through physio?

atkins for 2 weeks (2 weeks only tho) - when i did atkins i lost 1 stone in 2 weeks

I think if you did either Weight Watchers or Slimming World and stuck to it, you could shift the best part of a stone in 6 weeks, without exercising :)

what is 1 stone
here in usa we would say we lost 1 pound ~2 pound~and so
so how much is lost when you say 1 stone in a week

NO NO NO TO ATKINS.
its the most destructive and potentially dangerous diet i can think of.
Put it this way, the creator and preacher of this diet DIED of a heart attack!!!!!!!
Strict healthy eating and light-medium exercise (swimming) etc will do the trick.
Good luck hun xx

what is 1 stone
here in usa we would say we lost 1 pound ~2 pound~and so
so how much is lost when you say 1 stone in a week
I think 14lb = 1 stone

NO NO NO TO ATKINS.
its the most destructive and potentially dangerous diet i can think of.
Put it this way, the creator and preacher of this diet DIED of a heart attack!!!!!!!
Strict healthy eating and light-medium exercise (swimming) etc will do the trick.
Good luck hun xx

Funnily enough, I was talking to a guy who has a degree in nutrician and diet and he said that they had to try every diet during their time at uni, to experience them. He said that the Atkins diet it the healthiest.

I wish I could lose weight.........I don't eat loads, just the wrong stuff. xxx

-eat healthily small portions
-drink plenty of water
-purchase adios slimming pills that aid weight loss
-just do upper body excersises such as crunches and weights with your arms
-buy an excersise DVD and only do the upper body things or give the lower body movements a try but do it to as much as your leg will take.
please let me know how you get along.
i think all the fad diets you will follow will not allow you to loose the amount of weight you want to in such a short space of time
x

Latest posts

Back