Samantha Sweet wins Outstanding Contribution Award

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Hat

Reaction score
Samantha Sweet was singled out for her work in the nail industry at the first BABTAC/CIBTAC Beauty Awards, which took place yesterday at London’s plush Kensington Roof Gardens.

Paying homage to some of the spa and beauty industry’s finest individuals, the event recognised Sweet’s significant achievements with an Outstanding Contribution to the Nail Industry 2010 accolade. Sweet was honoured for her longstanding work with CND; a career that has spanned the past 17 years and culminated in a flourishing business she shares with her husband Samuel Sweet, which distributes Minx and CND in the UK.

“I am extremely honoured to accept BABTAC’s 2010 Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Nail Industry,” she said. “I have been fortunate enough to be inspired by amazing industry mentors who have instilled in me a love and passion for all things nails!”
Sweet went on to thank her colleagues and family for their support. “This award is as much for them as it is for me – Gigi Rouse, Jan Arnold, Rhonda Benbo, Jim Nordstrom, Marian Newman and my husband Samuel Sweet. The best feeling in the world is to get up every day and do something you love. I still love inspiring and helping others and pushing our industry forward.”

In a surprise category announced on the day, former BABTAC chair Eve Taylor OBE was given a Lifetime Achievement gong for services to the beauty industry. Other worthy recipients included Julia Leon who picked up CIBTAC Tutor of the Year, and Sarah Holdsworth who was named Holistic Therapist of the Year.

The 2010 winners were:
Beauty Therapist Award, sponsored by Carlton Professional: Kara Lyn-Warke
Holistic Therapist of the Year, sponsored by Shared Beauty Secrets: Sarah Holdsworth
Spa Therapist of the Year, sponsored by Clinogen: Shelley Louise Rider from Senspa at Careys Manor
CIBTAC Tutor of the Year, sponsored by Lash Perfect: Julia Leone, training manager at Oasis Spa, Le Sport Hotel, St Lucia
*special mention in this category went to Denise Lynch
CIBTAC Student of the Year, sponsored by Total Beauty 2011: Claire Aggerwall from the London College of Beauty
CIBTAC Body Artist of the Year, sponsored by Sothys: Carolyn Roper

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 281
Congrats, Mrs. Geek! :hug:

Well done, Samantha!! xx

So proud of my beautiful girl!!! xxx

Congratulations to a worthy winner! xx

Wow! well done.

Congratulations xxxx

Congratulations Samantha xx

Well done. Congratulations Sam x

Congratulations Samantha!!

Congratulations Samantha:D

Well done Samantha! Following in your mums footsteps eh?!xx

Woop Woop!! Congratulations Samantha :hug:

Thanks so much everyone - it was a lovely day and I am very honoured.:o

Congratulations to you from us here in London..... Faye and I salute you xxxxxxxx

Congratulations- brilliant achievement!!!!!!!

Congrats, Lovely to be honoured like that.x

Congratulations Sam, You must be chuffed!

Excellent.
As it should be.
Marvellous news. Well done.

Latest posts

Back