Shellac, what are you charging now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Perfection

Reaction score
I have been doing shellac for £15 as an introductory offer.
I have just advised a client, only her second visit, that the price will be £18 from Sept. She seems horrified! Is £18 really expensive?
Most of my regulars seem to understand that I will have to charge a bit more but this particular lady seemed shocked! I should add that I believe this particular client has no money worries whatsoever. I know this should be irrelevant but I could see the point if a "not so well off" client was shocked.

I charge £25 colour, £30 French using DD & £30 toes.

I charge €30 for Shellac (£24.90)

I charge the same for colour as french (this price includes the removal)

The clients are more than happy to pay for it.

To be honest I think the mistake you made was having an introductory offer, because now that you're charging the correct amount (which is still too cheap IMO) clients feel you've put the price up and they feel a little hard done by.

This is why I NEVER do special offers.

Blimey, My special offer was £20 when I started doing Shellac in may for a week only then it went upto £30 and thats what my clients are paying every 2 weeks regardless if french or colour.
Start low imho you have to stay low.
Come on Shellac is a breakthrough product and you should be charging accordingly.
Learn from your mistake and next time make sure you charge appropriately
Jen.

I charge £14.00 for colour or french. :-s I read to double what i usally charge for normal file and polish. My normal f & p is £7.00.

I charge £14.00 for colour or french. :-s I read to double what i usally charge for normal file and polish. My normal f & p is £7.00.

With Shellac you are not just doing a file and polish though. You are performing a manicure by removing non living tissue from the nail plate.

The guidelines from S2 are just a guide. You should charge for your time and product. I charge £25 and no one has ever questioned it.

I charge £23 colour, £25 french as it takes me longer.

I charge £25 for colour/french, and £10 removal.
Nobody's every questioned it, and I intend to increase my prices come January to take account of the VAT increase.

I charge £30 for colour/french removal included.
I have gained many new clients.
Took a while for my regulars to try it as they thought extensions would last longer and cost same but once I got them to try it they have never looked back.

I charge £20 Colour, £23 French, & £25 Glitter. I add £5 on all for a ReShellac (removal and repaint) and £10 for just removal on its own.

You should add 50% ontop of your normal basic manicure price and then add £10 for removal.
My file & polish is £7.00 also but my basic manicure price is £12 which includes the cuticle work. I aways do cuticle work for shellac clients, they dont get a choice.

I charge £12 for shellac colour or french!! but thats an opening offer but i havent yet change it to the full price which i dont know what to do i would say that the clients in my area are quite well off but i dont want to scare them away with bigg prices! but when you do tell clients the price is going up they act like your doubbling it!

London City Prices:

£35.00 for Shellac
£40.00 for Re-Shellac
£30.00 for Shellac removal and manicure incl. enamel

Or at the moment special offer for August:
3 Shellacs for £95.00
Shellac fingers and toes £60.00

I charge £25 for shellac fingers or toes, same for a reshellac, we have a special 1st birthday offer on for £20 but that's only on for a few weeks then it will be back up to the normal price, I think I mAy charge £30 for dashing diva and shellac. No one has questioned the price either,

I charge £24 for shellac manicure and £26 for shellac pedicure. A client said to me only yesterday that she is surprised how reasonable priced the shellac service is and I haven't had any clients complain about the price. How on earth do you make a profit charging £12 or £14 ???

I charge £24 for shellac manicure and £26 for shellac pedicure. A client said to me only yesterday that she is surprised how reasonable priced the shellac service is and I haven't had any clients complain about the price. How on earth do you make a profit charging £12 or £14 ???

I was thinking the same.. seriously, if that's what you charge for Shellac, what do you charge for a file and paint?? :eek:

We're in this business because we love it, but come on folks, we want to make a profit at the end of the day!

I charge £27 for colour or french, and not had anyone flinch at the price!

i charge 23.00 which includes the removal that way they think there getting something back from you :) had one women complain saying its expensive but ive not changed my price she does not have to pay it ! everyone else is happy, it lasts longer than polish so there getting a good deal id say! :)

£25 for colour and £28 for french. No one has said anything about price. I have a handful that book every few weeks and most every two weeks. One client even told me to put the price up! gotta love em :lol:

Like all girls said 15 is to low price. You have to aprishiate your work. If your customer think 18 is to much, just send her to nextdor salon and find another. :lol:

Latest posts

Back