Should this be complained about? Ref Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger Jay

Reaction score
beauty and bad taste: CND Shellac Nails Review

Am hoping that the link above works.....

I was totally horrified to see this review on Shellac, basically everything described about it is total rot!

Is it a prank?
Has anyone seen this before? (forgive me if you have, I've not been on here for a while)
Should it be ignored, or complained about?
or
Should we who know the truth about the product put this individual straight on her comments?

Really don't know what to say.:grr:
All the best , Jules x

I've just read it. Yes, it makes me cross when people pull apart a product that we live, Not sure what else to say. People all have their own opinions. But what I will say is whoever had did this treatment, you DO NOT buff the nail( raising my eyes!)

She basically slandered it but then said she was a fan?

Surely no one reading this would take it seriously.....very badly written :!:

I would have more to say about the fact she says it ruins your nails..,. After she has already admitted to picking if off!! :(

I just can't get my head round what's been written.

From someone who claims she is in the know about beauty products.

Everything said is absolutely wrong , eg :

"Shellac is an acrylic gel nail polish...
and dries hard like a fake nail. So its basically like getting a fake nail painted onto your real nail. "

"The manicurist then cuts cuticles, files nail, buffs nails etc."

"This product is thick..."

"This stuff ruins your nails..."

"...be prepared for some weak nails for a few weeks following the removal of the polish. "

".....what do I do...peel it off.."

"The other thing is that as Shellac is basically a fake nail painted directly onto your nail, its quite chunky so you can get a rather blocky fat look to the end of your nails"

"These lights are almost the same (if not the same) as tanning beds. Therefore using these lights on your hands is not only exposing you to the risk of cancer but also prematurely aging your hands!"

Oh........ give me a break.......
Why do I read this stuff?
It does put it in to perspective how much us nail techs have to educate our clients to the max'.....sometimes it can be very mind numbing, but it has to be done.

As stated before there's so many mistakes!

It's so annoying she can't get her facts straight!

.... The next thing she'll be blogging about is the world will end in 2012

And it could also cause your children to be born with 11 toes before being reformulated apparently (someone told her this so it must be true - the earth is also flat and having sex standing up will not result in pregnancy!)

I wanted to Reply this in the post comment box, but was unable to because I don't have an account with any of the options in the drop box.:evil:

'Your lack of knowledge and understanding of this product astounds me. As an experienced and qualified nail professional, I totally disagree with 99% of everything you have said above, and I really hope that if I ever get clients like you, I will be able to educate them enough to know the difference between a nail professional like me, who knows what she's talking about, and a blog or other piece of written material, by someone as ignorant as you. People like you give people in our profession a bad name....not the products.'

Grrrr makes me so mad. :evil:

What a load of old bollocks! Will anyone take any notice of such tripe?

I really don't think the world will be reading it! Everyone seems to be a blogger these days, as if I value any of their opinions! If it were from the mouth of an expert, yes ... but just any old bod or their aunt fanny ? .... Ah, No.

Last edited:
What a load of old bollocks! Will anyone take any notice of such tripe? I really don't think the world will be reading it! Everyone seems to be a blogger these days, as if I value any of their opinions! Now an expert, yes, but just any old bod orvtheir aunt fanny ? .... No.

This made me giggle!! So true, I don't use shellac but I know what to do/what not to do and the benefits of it etc and she clearly doesn't!! I don't think anyone will take her seriously xx

This girl is clearly a nail expert and we should all listen to her!

She even shows a picture of a caviar manicure from a site that she has found showing how to do it.

Hhmmmmm looks like an another nail expert has done these...

http://beautyandbadtaste.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/caviar-manicure.html

I'm rushing off to copy it as we speak...

:lol::lol::lol:

I am actually crying with laughter at the pic of the caviar manicure a bit further down. Thanks An*Gel :D

Comedy gold for a sunday morning!

"Shellac is an acrylic gel nail polish that is painted straight onto the nail and dries hard like a fake nail. So its basically like getting a fake nail painted onto your real nail. "

Wow this girl really knows her stuff!:-o

And it could also cause your children to be born with 11 toes before being reformulated apparently (someone told her this so it must be true - the earth is also flat and having sex standing up will not result in pregnancy!)

Will those11 toes already be shellacked? :p x

What a load of old bollocks! Will anyone take any notice of such tripe?

I really don't think the world will be reading it! Everyone seems to be a blogger these days, as if I value any of their opinions! If it were from the mouth of an expert, yes ... but just any old bod or their aunt fanny ? .... Ah, No.

Hahaha....you actually made me choke on my lunchtime coffee :lol:

This girl is clearly a nail expert and we should all listen to her!

She even shows a picture of a caviar manicure from a site that she has found showing how to do it.

Hhmmmmm looks like an another nail expert has done these...

beauty and bad taste: Caviar Manicure

I'm rushing off to copy it as we speak...

:lol: brilliant funny post ...but I must admit my first and only caviar manicure was a bit like that too...pahahaha

Must contact her see if she can do my nails as she's such an expert!

As Gigi says...what a load of bollocks

Latest posts

Back