Slimming World or Weight Watchers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanilla Pod

Reaction score
WIEGHT WATCHERS OR SLIMMING WORLD, OR JUST PURE HARD WORK AT THE GYM, WHAT DO YOU PREFER ?:hug:

Slimming World every time. I've tried WW but I found it very, very restrictive and I was always hungry and ironically it made me think about food all the time.

With Slimming World I find I can eat as much as I want, as often as I want so long as it fits with a red or green day. Now I thought I would be really confused by all that but it's really simple and straight forward, so once you've eaten, sated your appetite, thats it, don't need to think about food because you're no longer hungry!

And as for the gym , pah! I have 3 kids, a business, a husband and a home, who has time for the gym?!

WW for me hun i love the flexibilty of it sometime i dont feel im on a diet!! but what works for some doesnt work for other i did slimming world a few years ago but all i lost i put back on again where with ww i seem to be able to maintain my weight hth x

None of the above, lol.

I had a gym membership for a year and used it about 10 times (out of the year) and most were to see my fitness instructor! haha.

I just cut out sweets, chocolate, crisps etc. I have 2 meals a day and eat 'healthy' foods such as rice cakes and low fat meals

I personally go to the gym, it is hard work tho.
Otherwise it would be Rosemary Conley-support and exercise instead of 'money for nothing' in my eyes for weight watchers or slimming world.
xx

I'd prefer to be naturally thin... LOL!

I have the best luck when I cut out white carbs and sugar, eating more protein, veggies and fruit. Also, walking is imperative to my weight loss. Unfortunately for me, I have to walk MILES a day to drop even the tiniest amount of weight...

slimming world all the way..tried WW but didnt get on with it.
x

Haven't tried slimming world but I LOVE weght watchers.
Before my wedding last year I was down the gym and working out to my exercise video nearly every night and I did lose a couple of inches, but it all went back on after the weding because to me, it was too much hard work just for a couple of inches.
I joined ww after having my baby this summer and have lost 18lb in 3 months. Okay that's slowly but that means the weight will prob stay off, unlike when I did it through exercise. I can't believe how easy ww is, I have lost far more than I ever could by exercising alone (I'm over a stone lighter than in my wedding), and I don't feel deprived of food at all.
One thing I must say,
It's only easy if you enjoy it.
And I love weight watchers:)

Well I'm a slimming world consultant so for me there's no contest. I hand on heart could not endorse a product I did not 100% believe in.

I am a slimming world fan but any diet is all about changing bad eating habits to good ones. When you are addicted to food though it can be a constant struggle and is so easy to just chuck in the towel and stuff your face. You need to work out what your food demons are - and make a food plan, plan what meals you are going to eat on which days for your meals and shop for those meals only. Dont buy any of those demon foods and make sure there are none of them in the house.

My demon is snacking in between meals and now I work from home is even more of a difficult habit to keep away from. I have a list of foods that I substitute for these demons for me to snack on - they tend to be easy fruits like bananas, apples, carrot sticks, plum tomatoes etc.

I am going to bump up the slimming world group as I think it is a while since any of us have used it so with the party season coming up I think we all need to give each other more support on their.

Good luck which ever route you decide.

I found its best to do a combination of both, watching what you eat and if you cant cut out the sweets or cookies then the exercising will get rid of it. If you exercise just about 10 minutes a day your body will continuously burn more calories (so theoretically you can eat more, or you can use this to lose weight) but I found the added benefit - and I have not only seen this on me but on friends and colleagues also is that when you do a bit of excercising your body changes and becomes more toned - so you might fit into a clothes size smaller without even having lost any weight or denied yourself the so loved food!!!​

Body Pump classes at the GYM!!! Definitely work, totally changes your body shape and loses you inches!! OK after the first session you cannot move or walk without excruciating pain, but it wears off and the more you do it the better it gets.

I have done WW and it works, but I also know people who have done amazingly well at Slimming world. Each to their own I suppose.

The one things that helps with all of this though (IMHO) is YOUTH!!!
The older you get the more difficult those extra pounds are to shift........so if anyone finds the Fountain of Youth please let me know ;)

Meantime I am off to my Body Pump class........................

I dont know why you would want to spend your hard earned cash on slimming clubs, read this 1st please..

My bloke has ALWAYS had a problem with his weight since he was a young boy, I mean always, hes tried diets, the gym etc over time, any way last year, he weighed in at 18 n half stone, he decided to do something about it, A friend suggested skipping, lol I know your saying oh no, I cant skip. but believe me it works, he started out with 10 -20 skips every other day, light weight training at home on other days, at home with a couple of dumbells, thats all, and stretches before and after obviously, and also a excercise they do in the army for your stomach......let me explain it.......face the floor, pretend your going to do a pushup, but instead lay your forearms flat at chest level, keep your back straight, and you wont last long, but do this over a period of time and it tones well, :)

ANYWAY back to the skipping, my bloke now does about 600 skips in each session (omg i know loads lol) but this has been accomplised over a year know, and he weighs at a steady 13 n half stone instead, and more toned with it, he hates not doing his exercise now, and he eats more healthly, but I do still feed him some of my choccy and he also has treats still, etc, currys,cakes and my precious choccy :(.

ediited info:: he accomplised this weight lose within a 3 month period :)

I hope this info can at least help a couple of you, but you have to stick to it,, good luck n all :hug:

Last edited:
I agree that you feel muscles that you didnt know you had when you first start and its not the easiest to get motivated and get up to do exercising but once you are done you sink back onto the couch - doesnt it feel awesomely good?

Defenetely worth the effort and when you fit into smaller clothes sizes its worth every bit of effort!
:hug:

Hi,
I have done Slimming World, yes did lose some weight, but it all went back on, greedy girl!!! :irked: W W works better for me, starting it today as we have hols booked, but not going to classes just got the book out and doing it my self. I need motivation.........Holiday and bikini count down works for me. :)
This time when we get back I am booking another short holiday so then I will stay on WW.
I hope I can shed all my blubber:eek:
Lotsa luv x :hug:

Slimmng World for me - I've lost over 4 stone since May this year.

Still on it and will be until I get to my own persoanl goal - to be a size 14. Another 4 stones maybe, but I've got this far, so why not?

I dont know why you would want to spend your hard earned cash on slimming clubs, read this 1st please..

My bloke has ALWAYS had a problem with his weight since he was a young boy, I mean always, hes tried diets, the gym etc over time, any way last year, he weighed in at 18 n half stone, he decided to do something about it, A friend suggested skipping, lol I know your saying oh no, I cant skip. but believe me it works, he started out with 10 -20 skips every other day, light weight training at home on other days, at home with a couple of dumbells, thats all, and stretches before and after obviously, and also a excercise they do in the army for your stomach......let me explain it.......face the floor, pretend your going to do a pushup, but instead lay your forearms flat at chest level, keep your back straight, and you wont last long, but do this over a period of time and it tones well, :)

ANYWAY back to the skipping, my bloke now does about 600 skips in each session (omg i know loads lol) but this has been accomplised over a year know, and he weighs at a steady 13 n half stone instead, and more toned with it, he hates not doing his exercise now, and he eats more healthly, but I do still feed him some of my choccy and he also has treats still, etc, currys,cakes and my precious choccy :(.

ediited info:: he accomplised this weight lose within a 3 month period :)

I hope this info can at least help a couple of you, but you have to stick to it,, good luck n all :hug:

I am glad that he achieved his weight loss this way Tracey, but everybody's demon for carrying weight is different, mine is definitely food related - for me I need to have the motivation of a weekly weigh in and class. I have tried following a plan without joining the class and for me it didnt work as it wasnt enough motivation.

You did say your boyfriend followed a healthy eating plan which does need to be combined with exercise for many people. For most they need the added extra of the class motivation too.

So please dont tell people they are wasting their money as everybody's situation/motivation/determination is very very different. Your boyfriends way may work for some, but not all. None of us want to waste money on things that dont work but if it works for them then great.

Well done to your boyfriend though.

WW everytime for me! I've tried slimming world in the past but the temptation to eat as much as you want was always too much for me! I love working to points, it acts as my conscience when i waver occasionally.

I think you have to try it for yourself though, everybody is different and it doesn't suit everyone. I've lost a stone since August and kept it off so I'm happy, I'm by no means strict I enjoy my weekend and regularly eat meals with my family. I'm also diabetic and it works great with my insulin and has helped my long term health no end!

Give it a try its the only way you'll find out! xx

Slimming world for me to. I have tried all the rest and i find SW suits me best and i know it works.

Latest posts

Back