Small dog breeds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we have another in the runing now which is a schnoser sorry about spelling

any one have one of these and it must be a miniture

Hi ya, I have a miniature schnazuar and he is gorg, I got him as one of my friends has one (I am in fact his doggie god mother lol), mine is one year's old now and as cute as a button. I bought him from a breeder, and he was the last one left ( I cant think why he wasnt snapped up, but I guess he was meant for me).

I commented a few weeks ago how lucky I was to get such a good natured dog, I dont have children, but he likes nothing better than playing with children when they do come round to visit, but as my boyfriend and other people have said, their nature does have alot to do with their training and their owner.

Ive since met lots of schnazuar owners since I got him, and I cant say that I havent met a schnazuar yet who isnt good natured.

What I will say about them is. mine does bark at anything that walks past the gate be it person or a leaf blowing by, but thats him just trying to guard his territory (plus no dog should be a mute), but if a stranger does come in ie the gas man etc all he wants to do is play with them.

They are excitable, and all he wants to do is play 24/7, he loves company and likes nothing better than snuggling up and watching tv, and he does create an all mighty fuss (squeels like an excitable 5 year old girl) when he see's another dog because he wants to play.

And another thing about them is I do have to get him groomed every 10 weeks, as they can have alot of hairs in their ears, and the roots of these hairs can crack their jaws, so he has to have them plucked out (poor soul), but luckily inside my schnazuar's ears isnt that hairy, but some can be like a forrest.

Personally I cant think of a better miniature dog, but then I love mine with all my heart so Im bais.

Attachments

• DSCN0832.jpg
    DSCN0832.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 39
  • Terry in living room.jpg
    Terry in living room.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
We have a welsh terrier called Katy, they are very friendly and good with children and love people in general.

Katy's fave sleeping place is any warm lap she can find!!!

They dont have a lot of health probs at all and look a bit like a mini Airdale puppy (think that's how you spell it), they are mostly black with gingery heads and legs. They dont shed, appart from when their hair gets too long, they can be clipped or stripped. Katy prefers clipped, stripping upsets her.

They can walk miles and miles or just go for little walks, the only thing you cant do is give them people food as it can come out the other end faster than it went in IYKWIM!!!

Good luck with your hunt.

Trish xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :)

I have 2 dogs a westie and a shih tzu and they are both ace and really good with kids. My shih tsu does need grooming daily though but she is so sweet

Oh my god how gorg are the above dogs lol

Its a true dilema when your choosing a dog, I had to take my boyfriend with me when I went to see mine, because frankly, if there had been anymore there I'd of ended up bringing them all home lol.

Follow your heart, and Im sure you'll make the right choice.

ive got a husky great with kids, doesn't nip, calm, never barks and the hair is very low as well, they shed twice a year and thats it, i love him his great, for pics look at my profile. :hug:
oh and must say that the only problem which people may find is that they can be very distructive if they are not walked at least 2 miles a day, i do it and enjoy it, but between me an my partner we do have the time, so only get one if you know you have time for him. husky is not a good breed if you just want a pet.

Well here is my cover girl .. TEAZA. Featured On this months cover of SCRATCH magazine along with the nails of course :lol:. Which are a NNO using PopIts, Creative L&P and a beautiful model. Hope you like. It is in my album too if you want to view a slightly bigger image or better yet, subscribe to SCRATCH. She is a Maltese Terrier (the dog that is!)

Attachments

• giginno using popits.jpg
    giginno using popits.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
We want a free Teza with every subscription :wink2: ... How cute :Love:

She's not for sale!!! :lol:

Hiya ! i have a cavalier king charles he is the best dog ever !!! he is fantastic with the girls and my nephew is only 8 months and pulls his ears and all sorts and all rex does is kiss him ! two of my friends got one after me and they say the they are fab !!! i also get him groomed and he looks lovely i will try and put his picture on my profile xxx
I also have a Cavalier King Charles.. he is tri colour and is a wee dream.. I dont have any kids, but he is a wee sweetheart.. just wants cuddles all the time.. and im sure they are great around children.. :smack:

Well here is my cover girl .. TEAZA. Featured On this months cover of SCRATCH magazine along with the nails of course :lol:. Which are a NNO using PopIts, Creative L&P and a beautiful model. Hope you like. It is in my album too if you want to view a slightly bigger image or better yet, subscribe to SCRATCH.
Yeh this doggie is sooooooo cute... xxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Cos she is MINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:green:

:eek: With what you have done to that giraffe I wouldn't trust you with a dog, so I have taken the dog and put it in protective custady.:)

:eek: With what you have done to that giraffe I wouldn't trust you with a dog, so I have taken the dog and put it in protective custady.:)

I'm a good person really :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i was so pleased when i saw the front cover gigi as it was a sign i had picked the right dog and i love the cover hunnie its fate lol

I have two yorkies, Max he hates kids, in fact he hates every body except my hubbie, and Doodles ( a female ) loves everyone. Have a female dog which ever breed you choose, males tend to be snappy. Don't get a miniature any thing because they tend to be very delicate and with small children they can easily get injured. A small cross breed dog would be ideal, they very rarely get any thing wrong with them. Mine are both rescues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya,

I got two yorkies 3 weeks ago. They are two brothers and are 4 months old. I've had big dogs all my life (Dobermans, rotweillier and Staffies) but I have to say they are great. They get one really well and have never fought.

They where from a so called breeder but when I got there it was like a puppy farm!! Hence me getting the two. Since getting them I have informed my local environmental health and SSPCA.

I'm totally against this sort of treatment of animals. I'm just sorry I couldnt take any of the other breeds.

I know the above is a little off topic but I had to have a rant....

xxx

Ok, heres my new baby... her name is Muffin and she is an Alaskan Malamute, she is about 8 weeks old in the pics but she is now 11 weeks old and growing fast!! :green: the big one is Jester our 22 month old baby lol... not a breed for the feint hearted though...

DSCF0119-1.jpg

DSCF0098-1.jpg

I dont know the first thing about Westies but I know that some breeds suffer from hereditary conditions, like Malamutes suffer from Cataracts and Hip Displasia, if they do you should check that the parents have been tested clear for the conditions. The breeder should vet you as much as you vet them to make sure their puppies get good homes, we were home checked and asked LOADS of questions before we got our pup!! we also get lifelong support from the breeder and they don't just take the money and you never hear from them again, Jesters breeder is a good friend of ours now :green: good luck!

Hi sherrie,

I have visited the breeder and she has showed me all the paper work i needed to see and
Woody is now booked in at the vets on monday for his health check and jabs and the breeder has given us HOW TO paper work regarding looking after and feeding and everything else i think one should know he is a 5 th generation of his line and we have called him woody after his father.

we have written receipts and headed paper with all contact numbers and she has said if circumstances change and we decide a dog is not for us or our daughter does not get on with him to call her and she would rather take him back then have us flog him to some one .

think she is safe enough to trust.

Lisa

p.s your dog is beautiful xxxxx

that sounds good then, an ethical breeder should always take the dog back if you find that you are unable to keep it or circumstances change. I cant wait to see pics!!

Latest posts

Back