Small dog breeds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I own 3 chihuahuas, 2 yorkies and a lhasa apso. I would recommend Lhasa apso's as they are fantastic natured dogs and love people. Yorkies can be a bit funny round very young children, and chihuahuas have different personalitites just like people. I breed chihuahuas and they are like children themselves! Can't recommend Lhasa apso or even shih tzus enough as they are great with children and don't grow too big.:)

Hi, I own 3 chihuahuas, 2 yorkies and a lhasa apso. I would recommend Lhasa apso's as they are fantastic natured dogs and love people. Yorkies can be a bit funny round very young children, and chihuahuas have different personalitites just like people. I breed chihuahuas and they are like children themselves! Can't recommend Lhasa apso or even shih tzus enough as they are great with children and don't grow too big.:)

I've had lhasas for years and they can get like grumpy old men as they get older!! All mine have .........been less predictable around little children when they got older.

Ok, heres my new baby... her name is Muffin and she is an Alaskan Malamute, she is about 8 weeks old in the pics but she is now 11 weeks old and growing fast!! :green: the big one is Jester our 22 month old baby lol... not a breed for the feint hearted though...

DSCF0119-1.jpg

DSCF0098-1.jpg

I dont know the first thing about Westies but I know that some breeds suffer from hereditary conditions, like Malamutes suffer from Cataracts and Hip Displasia, if they do you should check that the parents have been tested clear for the conditions. The breeder should vet you as much as you vet them to make sure their puppies get good homes, we were home checked and asked LOADS of questions before we got our pup!! we also get lifelong support from the breeder and they don't just take the money and you never hear from them again, Jesters breeder is a good friend of ours now :green: good luck!

How GORGEOUS are they!!!!!
i love these dogs....and would love to have one but my garden isnt really big enough an with work and everything the house can be left empty sometimes all day so i just dont think that its fair. My nan bred dogs all her life and quite often was a judge at crufts.
I dont think i am quite fit enough for this type of dog though....i read that they need ALOT of excersize due to their breed and nature.
I still love them though......I am not really into tiny minature breeds though, lol!
xx

picture.php

This is my little sniff... he's grown up now, but still only 9-10" tall (Jack Russell) and he's really good with kids

I want a Jack Russell & Chihuahua cross next... they are sooooo cute.

x

How GORGEOUS are they!!!!!
i love these dogs....and would love to have one but my garden isnt really big enough an with work and everything the house can be left empty sometimes all day so i just dont think that its fair. My nan bred dogs all her life and quite often was a judge at crufts.
I dont think i am quite fit enough for this type of dog though....i read that they need ALOT of excersize due to their breed and nature.
I still love them though......I am not really into tiny minature breeds though, lol!
xx

Well our garden isn't huge either, about 40ft square? but then there is the 12ft trampolene, shed, dog run etc etc... I work mornings and then evenings tanning, but normally home afternoons and hubby is normally home by the time i'm out tanning so its not tooo bad, would love to be here all day though!

Jester was at Crufts last year, qualified for next year on the day :green: I am no where near fit! about 4 stone overweight :eek::o must shift some of that because it'll be me showing Muffin!! cant be running around the show ring as I am :rolleyes: and you do have to run with these lol.

We work them in the winter, they go to rallies at various forests, Thetford, New Forest etc and they run on a wheeled rig, its fun but i'm not fit enough for that so hubby does it. We keep asking ourselves if we've lost the plot when we are up at 4am and its thick frost and we are off to a forest somewhere miles away lol, but the dogs love it and its a good social gathering... they really are a change of your whole lifestyle, not just a pet, well, not for us anyway :lol:

Here is Jester and our friends dog at a rally last season

DSCF3426-1.jpg

here he is as an 8 week old puppy, he won a place in the Malamute calander with this pic, he was January, awwwww.....

DSCF1798.jpg

best puppy in show at a local open show when he was a baby

DSCF2650.jpg

sorry to hijack the thread!! :D

OMG!! how much?? for a mongrel basically! sorry, but that is a rip off :eek: :eek: :eek:

Many cross breeds go for the same price as a pedigree,there is info on this available from the KC website. It's basically to do with breeding for bloodlines and charateristics and appearance. So this price is to be expected however,it isn't wise to buy from someone who advertises in this manner. A reputable breeder hardly advertises,again the kennel club can help with that . hth's

Ps can't wait to see the pic's Lisa x

Maltese!
I have my little sasha now 9 years. I bought her in Canada and brought her home with us. She is a wee darling, lovable, loving, obedient, clean and great with all the kids, although I believe that you must always be aware of dogs with young children and never leave them together or allow the child to put there face close to the the dogs.
Sash is about 4 - 5 pounds weight, a tiny little thing with a load of white hair. Only problem with her is that she will not let you out of her sight, has to go to work with me, to the shop and runs to the door everytime I lift the car keys. She loves the sun and will find a spot on the floor where the sun shines in to bask in. Loves outside and very alert.
Sad to say she has Arthritis now and her movements are not quick, she has quite a limp but the vet says she is good and happy.

I forgot to add to my previous post my feelings of joy when I lifted the scratch magazine this month and there was the double of my little sasha on the front cover. Oh Happiness!

OMG!! how much?? for a mongrel basically! sorry, but that is a rip off :eek: :eek: :eek:

There is a local breader that sells them for about £300, but Becki is right, they go for the same price as a pedigree.

I only paid £200 for our Sniff, but i remember been younger and men used to walk to streets giving JR's away. tbh i would have paid £1000 for him... he is such a cool dog!!!!!

I am a poodle girl even though I also have 2 chows (and 2 toy poodles). Poodles: come in every size, every color, don't shed, can be clipped or cut in many styles none of which need to be frilly, very smart.

Thats why i went for the westie Lori

non malting can be groomed and clippered i cant wait for his first hairdressers appointment lol

xxx

picking puppy up to day ladies

pictures to follow

xxxx

awww.... bet your all excited!! cant wait to see pics! hope you have got lots of kitchen roll and anti-bacterial spray ready lol :green:

right girls i have pictures but can some one explain how i put them on here as im useless or i could email them to someone

hi all could get oictures downloaded so i have pit a few on my profile in the dog album

he is such a cutie lol

xx

oh Thank god

we have just gone to bed and put woody in the kitchen with a night light and he kicked off big time

barking like he was in pain and it went on for a bout 8 mins and i was near breaking point and was going to go down and let him out of the kitchen and he has now stopped

oh that was horrible poor little fella but hubby said he will calm down and to leave him

ooooohhh i just heard a howl!!!!!

cant see me sleeping much tonight lol

oh Thank god

we have just gone to bed and put woody in the kitchen with a night light and he kicked off big time

barking like he was in pain and it went on for a bout 8 mins and i was near breaking point and was going to go down and let him out of the kitchen and he has now stopped

oh that was horrible poor little fella but hubby said he will calm down and to leave him

ooooohhh i just heard a howl!!!!!

cant see me sleeping much tonight lol

He's just howling mumeeeee... come and get meeeeee.... mwaah!!!

Does Olivia love him?

Latest posts

Back