Spray tan training - Gone wrong.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashabrownx

Reaction score
Hi Everyone..:)

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice?!

Me and me friend paid £69.00 each on saturday to do a spray tan course, and to be quite honest i feel i have learned or gained nothing from it.
I was told it was tantrick when i got there it was couture. The people in which i trained with didnt tell me about barrier creams, pre or after care or any products in which i would offer my clients after a tan. Most importantly when i asked did we learn about the skin etc the lady said thats not really that important. We read through a couture manual for 5 - 10 mins then it was straight to tanning. The gun wasnt workin properly and i felt it was a case of there u go u have had a shot at spraying someone now give me your money and go. There was no advice or anything given during the spray tan that me and my friend gave each other as models. We were also told it was one to one training and when we arrived there was 2 other girls. One was doing the course and the other was her model. Her model got to sit through the whole course and basically got told for free whatt we paid for. I also felt the couture tan wasnt for me and
my friend feels the same, as my hands are bright orange and its really patchy. I called the people up yesterday and expressed my views and was told i would be called back today. I havent yet heard from them and its now nearly half past 7 at night. Personally if someone asked me to give them a spray tan right now, i couldnt because i dnt have much knowledge on it.

What should i do?!?!?!
PLEASE HELP....:confused:

Tasha x

Unfortunately this is exactly what happened to me when I trained a few years back and it is what drove me to become a trainer (and the best that I can possibly be) as I don't want other people to experience shoddy training.

I got 20 minutes on my training, didn't even get shown a manual and had to pester them for it weeks after my "training" if you can call it that.

Pity I am not in your area as I would offer you some further training for free, if only to show you that there is good training out there.

Hi Doll

sorry to hear the trouble you have had.. Not all company's are like that and thay are some great trainer's out there.. Don't let that bad experience put you off, and research a company before to pay good money out..
I have been told tooth paste can help with removing some product from your hands.. HTH...

Good Luck xxx

Wow you must be devastated. I was trained by Fake Bake last September and it was great, I can't fault it. Fake Bake's head office is in Glasgow so they must do training there too, and last week I received a flyer from them offering 2-for-1 on spray tan training, so you and your friend could both be trained for £50 between you. There was no hard sell and I wasn't obliged to buy either solutions or equipment on the day. Good luck and please try again !!

Wow you must be devastated. I was trained by Fake Bake last September and it was great, I can't fault it. Fake Bake's head office is in Glasgow so they must do training there too, and last week I received a flyer from them offering 2-for-1 on spray tan training, so you and your friend could both be trained for £50 between you. There was no hard sell and I wasn't obliged to buy either solutions or equipment on the day. Good luck and please try again !!

This is good advice.

With regard to the so-called training you have done, do you know if it was accredited by an insurance company?

I am going to give the toothpaste a try lol my hands look terrible!!!
I couldnt even tell u if it was insurance accredited :S

I am not goin to give up tho, i wanted to do spray tanning for ages now ;p
Im going to look into the fake bake training then :p ive also emaild a few peepo about tantrick and seinna so ill let youz no how i get on!

Im also going to see about a refund as i think a deserve it....
Thanx for ur help so far guys x

As you were miss sold training under the name of tantrick and then got couture i think it would be nice if you could contact the head office of tantrick and give them the details of where you trained so no one else can be conned,
i know this is not the type of training that you would have got from tantrick as we have guide lines we have to follow when delivering a course and im sure Collin would like to have the details,
you can call tantrick head office on 0845 022 2233

if you don't want to call them would you please PM me the details of where you trained and the name of your trainer and i will pass the info on,

Was it couture training or a product called couture...or umber couture?

I had official couture training and it was nothing like that.....

Hi Everyone..:)

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice?!

Me and me friend paid £69.00 each on saturday to do a spray tan course, and to be quite honest i feel i have learned or gained nothing from it.
I was told it was tantrick when i got there it was couture. The people in which i trained with didnt tell me about barrier creams, pre or after care or any products in which i would offer my clients after a tan. Most importantly when i asked did we learn about the skin etc the lady said thats not really that important. We read through a couture manual for 5 - 10 mins then it was straight to tanning. The gun wasnt workin properly and i felt it was a case of there u go u have had a shot at spraying someone now give me your money and go. There was no advice or anything given during the spray tan that me and my friend gave each other as models. We were also told it was one to one training and when we arrived there was 2 other girls. One was doing the course and the other was her model. Her model got to sit through the whole course and basically got told for free whatt we paid for. I also felt the couture tan wasnt for me and
my friend feels the same, as my hands are bright orange and its really patchy. I called the people up yesterday and expressed my views and was told i would be called back today. I havent yet heard from them and its now nearly half past 7 at night. Personally if someone asked me to give them a spray tan right now, i couldnt because i dnt have much knowledge on it.

What should i do?!?!?!
PLEASE HELP....:confused:

Tasha x

Oh dear Tasha it is most disappointing to hear of the problems you have had with your training...quiet why you were told it was a tantrick course under the disguise of another brand completely is beyond my comprehension.

Clearly you are not satisfied with the situation and the training you have received and in order to help you I am willing to organise proper Tantrick training for the both of you with my compliments.

PM me your contact details and I will happily arrange to get you booked in for "the real thing"and lets help you get your business moving

Hoping this is of some help to you in this somewhat strange situation :hug:

Oh dear Tasha it is most disappointing to hear of the problems you have had with your training...quiet why you were told it was a tantrick course under the disguise of another brand completely is beyond my comprehension.

Clearly you are not satisfied with the situation and the training you have received and in order to help you I am willing to organise proper Tantrick training for the both of you with my compliments.

PM me your contact details and I will happily arrange to get you booked in for "the real thing"and lets help you get your business moving

wow thats fab new tasha ! snap up collins offer quick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love it when geeks r so generous!!! good on you collin!

I had training with Tantrick after having a very similar experience to yours and Joe90's and it was fabulous! They are always there for you afterwards and if you have any questions (however silly they may seem) that are always around to answer them for you (and they don't laugh either, which is very important! Lol)

Did you get a manual at all with the training? I had to get really cross with the company I trained with before they sent me anything but when it did I at least had that to refer to although I had just had to wing it before Collin and Tracey came along and helped me out which they did before I got the manual I think! (obviously I was only practicing on poor unsuspecting friends and rellies!)

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

lX

well, I have had a similar training experience recently. its so upsetting to be left feeling like this. I would suggest you write to them, explain your concerns and ask for your money back. send it special delivery, so they cant claim its gone missing. I would also contact trading standards to see if they can offer you any free advice on what to do.

Can I just say though, I got some pretty bad training recently, but I saved up and went elsewhere and re trained. It made me even more determined to train and learn and the people i am training with at the moment are brill. its really made me extra determined to be a great nail and beauty tech, and ill do it in spite of them, not because of them!

You go girl. get trained with someone decent, and stick two fingers up at the other cowboys, dont let this put you off or set you back!

tigi

what great service from collin at tantrick again!!!
what a star xxx

hi hun i would snap up collins offer. I done the tantrick training last week and was over the moon with the training. What i really like about tantrick is that with most companys once they have got your money thats it, your on your own, where as with tantrick they are so friendly and helpful nothing seems to be to much trouble, if your having any problems they are always on hand to help out.

Hi Tasha,

As a Couture trainer i am very dissapointed to hear that another supposedly couture trainer would give such bad service ! Please give Couture a call and tell them your experience and give them the name of the 'trainer'. 01908 282814
I am so sorry you have had such an experience, and if you lived nearer i would happily give you free training, if only to prove that Couture is a good product. I think you have just had extremely bad luck. Couture is a fantastic product - when applied correctly of course and proper aftercare advice given. Please pm me and let me know how it goes. xxx

Last edited:
If you were originally told tantrick and then arrived to find them using couture, it sounds like it was an independant trainer simply using their products. However, if your course was booked through couture, then do contact them. I'm sure they would be very dissappointed to hear that one of their trainers is behaving that way.

I did my training with tantrick (Joe 90), it was really good i left feeling confident with both my equipment and the product, follow up is great as well i'm saving up to go back and do my wax training with them as i was so pleased ! x

If you were originally told tantrick and then arrived to find them using couture, it sounds like it was an independant trainer simply using their products. However, if your course was booked through couture, then do contact them. I'm sure they would be very dissappointed to hear that one of their trainers is behaving that way.

Whilst this is extremely concerning that Tasha and her friend have received poor training what is most worrying is that someone is using the hard earned reputation of Tantrick training which has taken many years to develop and a lot of hard work by both the company and its trainers to achieve the levels we aspire to to solicit unsuspecting individuals into their premises and then offer them something completely different.

We at Tantrick take this sort of "passing off" behaviour very seriously and will be investigating the matter further.

Whilst we can quickly assist Tasha and friend in retraining them properly to the Tantrick way's I am more concerned for the future issues that may emanate from this .....not only to best protect our position and reputation but also to prevent others being "hoodwinked" into paying for something they do not receive.:hug:

So as to avoid any further reoccurances of this very silly situation and if you are seeking authentic Tantrick training please do visit our website and contact our trainers from the contact numbers provided or alternatively contact us directly us here at HQ and we will arrange to book you in.

For the purposes of clarity and the avoidance of any confusion we are also delighted to be supporting the industry in offering "quality" training services to assist other brands who otherwise are unable to facilitate national accredited training coverage to their customers.

I am delighted to announce that we will be working closely with both the Suntana and Tandare brands in assisting facilitating such training on their behalf ....discussions are progressing with other brands also :hug:

Hi Tasha

I trained with Sienna-X, it was fabulous. They really know about marketing, promotions and the equipment and solutions are the best i have tried and belive me i tried loads before I bought. They do a range of packages to suit everyone's price range and the aftercare is fab.

You need to try lots of solutions before you buy to find the best product for you.

Sienna invented the pop up spray tan booth and own the patent on the design, so beware of cheap copies they don't last long.

Have a look at their web site.

Good luck and hope your training goes well next time.:lol:

I would take up Collin's more than generous offer. :hug:

Latest posts

Back