Sweet Squared Education - price increases

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You get more, so you pay more, but I do think it's going to prove prohibitive to a lot.
Those who are serious will take the classes and find a way to pay for them.
I already have 4 students lined up for January start on the new CND complete, that is the most expensive and comprehensive one of the lot, plus they get an ITEC qualification too.
So I dont think its going to be prohibitive at all
Jen xx

I've signed up for the CND Complete course starting in Feb 2012. Yes it is incredibly expensive and I keep having minor panic attacks when I think about it, but I'm going to be trained by a fab CND EA. I will receive books, tools and products, when I add up the cost of separate courses, tools and products there is not a great difference.

I got a booklet through for the new courses but found them a tad confusing? But.... I'll be calling to find out about them ;@) x

I've talked extensively about money on here.

I want the very best training I can get...for the money I have. I'm a stay at home mum and have no day job. I do one or two natural nail/gel polish manicures a month at the moment and won't be doing more until my youngest child starts nursery in a year. All my earnings go on expanding my range of gel polish colours and restocking basics. I don't make any money to save. It would literally take me years and years and years to save up and so thats my plan of CND totally gone.

It's fine, instead of doing the very best training, I'll have to settle for the very best I can afford.

I'm sure the course is fabulous and worth every single penny, I don't doubt it, but alas, its now out of my league. And I do seriously object to the the person who commented that if you were "serious" you'd find the money.

I'm trying to feed my kids and clothe them etc and my husband has spent a very large amount on my training and equipment so far by working overtime for me to have the money. I simply couldn't ask him to work more overtime than he already does, we need him at home sometimes too.

I'm a bit disappointed to be honest, personally, but I don't criticise CND for it. They can charge whatever they want for their courses and those that can will. I'm more addressing the fact that my lack of money doesn't mean I'm any the less serious about my career.

I already have 4 students lined up for January start on the new CND complete, that is the most expensive and comprehensive one of the lot, plus they get an ITEC qualification too.
Jen xx

I haven't seen the details of this complete course, but it sounds great!

Years ago (before S2) up here in Scotland we had a 12 day CND course which latterly taught manicure, pedicure and L&P enhancements...mainly sculpting !
It cost more than your average course but run on Sundays and Mondays for 6 weeks, it was accessible to people who were in full time work and a full kit and tools was included.
The costs did not put anyone off, and the majority of students that were on it were serious about a career in the industry. Very rarely did you get someone on it who just wanted to do their own and their pals nails for extra income ;)

So if S2 are now doing a course like this with a recognised national qualification it sounds the perfect place to start in this industry.

If I wanted to become a Nail Tech I would want a serious course that really went in depth - you guys don't get the credit you deserve unfortunately. Being a good nail tech isn't an easy job and requires a lot of training, time and effort. I think these courses really will separate those who are really serious about their businesses.

I'm currently looking at manicure training, not interested in Pedicure at the moment which is why I liked having it as two courses. I think the Natural Nails course is going to be a harder sell - it is approximately four times the cost of a combined Mani / Pedi with other companies, and yes I can see the benefits of doing it and the return on investment. But it will be harder to sell to those of us who want to do just manicures.

I'm not one to shy aware from investing in my business, I've just spent a small fortune doing my new treatment room and buying a new electric treatment table. I just can't afford that extra money at the moment which is a real shame as I would now more then ever love to do the CND course!

But I am so glad to see that CND are once again raising the bar for the industry and actually saying to people that Nails isn't just a quick file and brush of polish. It requires knowledge, skill, training and dedication!

And I do seriously object to the the person who commented that if you were "serious" you'd find the money.

I'm a bit disappointed to be honest, personally, but I don't criticise CND for it. They can charge whatever they want for their courses and those that can will. I'm more addressing the fact that my lack of money doesn't mean I'm any the less serious about my career.

I take your point, and I do think that people who are serious about this Industry will find a way to achieve their goals, whatever route they take, be it Home Learn or College. However that will take longer and possibly over that length of time cost as much although the spending may be more spread out.

A Complete course like this with a good company and with a national qualification would be the fastest way to reach your goal.

I suppose it would be like taking driving lessons once a week for a year compared to the cost of doing an intensive 2 week driving course.

I just like the fact that we were doing this kind of thing up here in Scotland years ago lol !!! :wink2:

I think a lot of trainers are charging too much, which is a big problem for a lot of people. I have managed to do a lot of my courses because i have the support of my husband.

I went with CND for my training and was very pleased with it. I trained in Bournemouth and think the girls there are great.

My concern is i really dont think the training is long enough ( i dont just mean Cnd training when i say this) 1 day courses, 2 day , 1 week, 2 weeks aren't enough. I think it takes a long time to get it right especially if your doing Nail enhancements and to be honest you start your proper learning when your working on the public.

In my opinion courses should be longer.

I haven't seen the details of this complete course, but it sounds great!

Years ago (before S2) up here in Scotland we had a 12 day CND course which latterly taught manicure, pedicure and L&P enhancements...mainly sculpting !
It cost more than your average course but run on Sundays and Mondays for 6 weeks, it was accessible to people who were in full time work and a full kit and tools was included.
The costs did not put anyone off, and the majority of students that were on it were serious about a career in the industry. Very rarely did you get someone on it who just wanted to do their own and their pals nails for extra income ;)

So if S2 are now doing a course like this with a recognised national qualification it sounds the perfect place to start in this industry.

I did this course, and it was great! However what bothers me is that on my certificates it just says 'Foundation Course'. It doesn't show 12 days training. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that we did more training on that course than the other CND courses at the time but its not reflected in the qualification. So my main concern about the new CND training is that how do the old courses fit with the new. Will I be able to use the courses I've done towards ITEC or progressing towards CND Masters?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

I've had another look on the site and it seems the Shellac brings them back class is still available on it's own, which is great! There is also a day course focusing on polishing that is a good price too.

What feels restrictive for me on a personal needs level, is the merging of manicure, pedicure and Shellac. I can see the benefits of doing it all in one, but I don't agree with it being the only option. Especially if you only need to do Pedicure, like myself. This course is aimed at the beginner, it is not aimed at those who have already started.
Also, I already have my tools of the trade and my CND lamp, so why would I go for naturally course and pay out again for stuff I don't need, just to do feet?!

S2, CND, (I don't know who has made these decisions) please have an option to separate the Pedicure course so I can have some training with you!! You've separated Shellac, by keeping that class, so why not pedicure? :cool:

Love you!! :biggrin:

I've had a look at the prices and first of all i was like WOW! However on consideration i see where the cost lies. I have done a mani course with cnd and shellac course and a separate pedi course else where. I've bought tools and products along the way and continue to add to this. If i worked out what i had spent this way (ha ha don't like to do this often or I'll have a fit) and compare it to the new classes then it would probably work out the same or actually be better doing the new course which includes products and tools and I'd also have a higher qualification.

I guess it boils down to whether you have a lump sum to begin with or if you add to your kit as you go along. I actually had a lump sum to begin with as i sold my car so i could have booked the new courses straight away and would have loved it but i also know i have been able to play around with my money (husbands car needed fixing so he borrowed some money and then paid it back at a later date lol) however I do understand the disappointment of those who feel they now can't train with cnd but what may be best is call sweet squared and find out exactly whats included in the price including kit and products then sit down and work out how much it would cost if you did everything separately. In the long run it may take longer to save before you can book your course but it's worth bearing in mind how long it will take you to buy everything as you go along. Just my thoughts geeks x x x

Love n hugs all x x x

also another great thing is the amount of time you are training for. My trainer liza was brilliant on my one day course. We actually ran over time because she was just fantastic at sharing her knowledge. By comparison i did my pedi course elsewhere and whilst this was a good course it was nothing on my mani course with liza. In fact liza had taught me an awful lot about pedi's in my mani course lol that when i did my pedi course last week i already knew alot of what the tutor was teaching me. So what I'm trying to say in my normal long winded way is consider how much time you get to spend with your fabulous cnd ambassadors and you'll see that actually you're getting very best education for a very good price :)

Last edited:
It would be great if we could pay in instalments . I would love to train with Cnd but the prices are making me weep!

I think some sort of instalments scheme would be great. And I live the idea of a one day polishing course! This is almost the most important part of a manicure / shellac treatment. How the nails look is how they will be judged.

I've talked extensively about money on here.

I want the very best training I can get...for the money I have. I'm a stay at home mum and have no day job. I do one or two natural nail/gel polish manicures a month at the moment and won't be doing more until my youngest child starts nursery in a year. All my earnings go on expanding my range of gel polish colours and restocking basics. I don't make any money to save. It would literally take me years and years and years to save up and so thats my plan of CND totally gone.

It's fine, instead of doing the very best training, I'll have to settle for the very best I can afford.

I'm sure the course is fabulous and worth every single penny, I don't doubt it, but alas, its now out of my league. And I do seriously object to the the person who commented that if you were "serious" you'd find the money.

I'm trying to feed my kids and clothe them etc and my husband has spent a very large amount on my training and equipment so far by working overtime for me to have the money. I simply couldn't ask him to work more overtime than he already does, we need him at home sometimes too.

I completely agree with you.
I've got my Gel certificate with CND but because my L&Pis not recognised I've got to do the complete foundation course.
I work full time and just don't have any spare cash. I can't find anymore it's just not there.
I've read posts about people getting grants but sounds like it's straight out of school people. I've worked everyday since I've left so can't

Just sad that this is not an option I can do :(

Vicki xx

:sad:I've just got really down hearted as I too was going to do some CND courses as I believe they are the best on the market.
After reading the threads I now don't even want to look at the prices.
Things just might have to wait awhile.
Boo Hoo

Keep the conversation going, we are listening :)

The courses have increased in list price, but actually have increased more in value of product, course time and quality. I totally get the cost factor (which is why we make a loss on products too offset this) however it is a real challenge to balance low cost entry with high quality (low student to teacher ratio). We want education to be highly accessible, but not at the expense of the end result.

So again, we are listening and have already spent a great deal of time tuning this. Looks like we can improve communication on what is included in each course and look at additional options, so long as they don't sacrifice quality or include hidden surprises just to hook and bait.

Keep the conversation going, we are listening :)

The courses have increased in list price, but actually have increased more in value of product, course time and quality. I totally get the cost factor (which is why we make a loss on products too offset this) however it is a real challenge to balance low cost entry with high quality (low student to teacher ratio). We want education to be highly accessible, but not at the expense of the end result.

So again, we are listening and have already spent a great deal of time tuning this. Looks like we can improve communication on what is included in each course and look at additional options, so long as they don't sacrifice quality or include hidden surprises just to hook and bait.

Could we have some clarification on how the previous courses taken fit into the new courses. Will we be able to use CND qualifications already taken and put towards ITEC? Good to know your listening! ;-)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Jen xx

Absolutely none sence. Those who are serious include single mums like myself, struggling for every penny, trying and trying to boost their business to pay the bills!! I am very serious...I want to be successful. I was planning on training with CND in the next year...but will now not be. Because I simply cannot afford it!!

Good on those who are successful in life enough to be able to afford those prices...or manage to make enough money to save up for it....but there are a great deal of us who want it to so badly...and is another kick in the teeth and makes the path to being truely successful that much more unattainable.

I don't mind that they put the prices up...I will find other places to train...it's the comment about those who are serious will find the money that annoyed me. :evil:

I certainly don't wish to offend or upset anyone, but I think it just depends on the outlook you have.
Looking at the course contents and all the kit you get, I still have every intention of continuing my education with CND, because I believe in what they stand for and I, personally, wouldn't train with anyone else.
I've also got bills to pay and a family and house to support, so I will have to kill myself saving the same as many of us, but I'm prepared to do this, rather then go elsewhere.

It means I can't go ahead with my plans for next year, and will probably have to put it off for two years time, but I'd rather have patience and eventually get world class education than look for a cheaper alternative.

It shouldn't put the courses out of reach- it might just mean you have to wait a little longer until the cost is achievable, if you are able and willing to wait for it x

This is the course that I did! Loved it! You got everything you needed in the starter kit, training was fab and I made the money back really quckly after aswell.

So if S2 are now doing a course like this with a recognised national qualification it sounds the perfect place to start in this industry.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back