Sweet Squared Education - price increases

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is that CND is a private company and not funded by government money, and from personal experience private courses often tend to be better.

It's not a difficult concept. Education costs money to provide, companies can't run at a loss, and if you really can't find the money for something you can't have it. Might be unfair, but that's just the way it is.

That is the full cost of the course. had i of been on benefits and had goverment funding it only would have cost £76!

I do understand that CND is a private company, and as i said i do not doubt the teaching is of high standard, but that does not mean that it is the BEST product on the market??

I wanted to train with CND because everybody knows Shellac- But after trialing Shellac against Gelicure. i will now stick with Gelicure as it lasted longer than Shellac. I had 1 hand with tutti fruitti shellac and other hand with gelicure a la mode- gelicure is wearing far better!!!

so in response to your comment 'if you cant find the money for something, you cant have it'...if i really wanted to i could find the money in time- but i actually question if it is really worth it???

Odd that because I have managed to make a career with nothing to stat with. *I'm one of six boys and was bought up by just my mum in a council house, worked since the age of 13 and worked every evening I was at college, every weekend and all holidays. *Whether it was cleaning public toilets or waiting on tables I was determined to make it. *For the first three years I worked in salon I had part time work on my days off and had no tv, phone etc in my flat as I couldn't afford it. *Likewise there were no trips to the pub or meals out. *Since then I have spent a lot of money on my career by cutting back elsewhere.*

That's a great story but not everyone has the same choices especially if they are responsible for a family. I becomes We and therefore, other people's needs and desires have to be considered.

I have two degrees as well as hair and beauty qualifications and I studied part time and paid all my fees myself but I wouldn't dream of suggesting that someone isn't committed to something just because they haven't followed the same route.

Personally, I'm not bothered abut training with CND as I know that my success will be based on many other variables besides training and I know that I have always learnt so much more from reading and observing as well as oodles of practice. I imagine that if you complete a CND course, it will be a quicker route to success, but it is by no means the only route.

Has everybody commenting actually read the new prices?

There are still courses that havent changed in price and that includes conversions, so if you are already a nail pro its not going to be a huge additional cost.

An idea for people wanting to pay in instalments to start on one of the beginner courses may be to take a personal loan to pay for the higher priced courses and pay that in instalments. I payed for my first car that way as I wanted one that I could not otherwise afford.

Hand on heart, if I could go back to the beginning and start wit the new itec course I would do it in a shot.

I believe if we really want something in life, we will find a way to have it.

Last edited:
wow this thread definitely has raised a few heated discussions...

An idea for people wanting to pay in instalments to start on one of the beginner courses may be to take a personal loan to pay and pay that in instalments. I payed for my first car that way as I wanted one that I could not otherwise afford.

That's exactly what I reckon - the relatively small cost of the CND courses is easily covered by a personal loan, and once qualified wouldn't take many treatments to pay back.

wow this thread definitely has raised a few heated discussions...

No heat this end - I'm chilling out with my partner and dogs under the duvet in front of the tv with a bottle of wine and a bag of minstrels!!! :lol:

Guys, chill please as I want to keep this constructive. I honestly think not everyone commenting has actually reviewed as most prices are about the same or offer even better value. I also don't think a £110 class requires a loan.
Nor do I think it's fair to think your advisor knew you wanted to take a pedi class next year. Let's keep perspective all and help us help you.

Am on phone so will do more I depth reply after show. Look forward to more feedback in the interim!

i already hold a nail qualification.
I am interested in doing the shellac course which is £50-
The polished nail £110-
The spa-tacular £110-
and the master painter £195-

All of which i think are very reasonably priced. xx

You have a choice! If you have X amount budget - find a supplier to fulfill that budget.

If you want something badly enough - YOU WILL DO IT!!
No excuses No life stories

If CND become the creme de la creme of nails - happy days....:wink2: I'm proud to be part of it.
If you want cheaper - go somewhere else.... simples...:wink2:

Last edited:
Nor do I think it's fair to think your advisor knew you wanted to take a pedi class next year. Let's keep perspective all and help us help you.

I wouldn't expect my advisor to assume I was thinking of taking a pedi class next year and never said that. I don't think it's very fair to drop the pedi class though as there are people who only have a mani qualification and would want to add the pedi at some point. All I was saying was that I wouldn't have booked the course for myself and my sister had I known that we wouldn't be able to do a separate pedi at some point!

Dont bite my head off but I actually think CND training has actually been under priced for quite some time.
If you compare the prices of other l&p courses against CND they wernt actually much different my friend paid about £100 less to train with nsi. (quite a few years ago)
Which IMO and hers as she converted to CND, it was worth the extra money.
Also as posted above you can make a great turnover from CND.
I think maybe some kind of payment plan could be an idea so people can pay off the course before they attend?
For some people the price will make this training out of reach, which is sad as there's some very passionate people out there who just don't have the funds.
Same as i'd make a lovely audi TT driver but I sadly don't have the funds either ;) xx maybe one day eh!?

Dear dear this thread is starting to get really personal and hurtful to some people.

As I said earlier I'm in full support of CND and S2 and think what they're offering course wise is fantastic, and I'm in no doubt that the training would be really second to none, and if i was starting my training i would seriously be considering ways on how to fund the course, but please can we be a bit more respectful to people who for whatever reason either chose not to, or have no option but to go elsewhere for their training. Again as said previously just because you have not trained with CND does not mean you cannot go on to become highly successful in this business.

Whilst I empathise with those who find it financially challenging to pay for some of the new courses I still think that they represent good value in the scheme of things. Take for instance the first JUMP course "CND Complete" Ok I accept that by the time you have factored in the 20% VAT it sounds like one hell of a big investment. However work it out, it includes an ITEC qualification,which has to be paid for. ITEC Quals are costly when taken at a private college, and even at College/Adult Ed Centres they are still expensive as the Government funding has been reduced. The CND Complete takes 16 full days to complete. Divide the cost by 16 giving you a daily cost of £xxxxxxx (public forum so no figures given away). That daily cost is not much more than can be expected to be paid to attend a 1 day training course. The difference with the CND Complete is that you get kit included, and although the exact kits are not specified, it can be expected that they are of a large financial value. Lets not forget that whilst there are those of us who love CND products and S2's Love and Respect they are a business and like us all they are in business to make money. However, in this instance, when all is taken into consideration I believe that what CND is offering is good value for money.

Oh by the way.......I don't work for them!!

Dear dear this thread is starting to get really personal and hurtful to some people.

As I said earlier I'm in full support of CND and S2 and think what they're offering course wise is fantastic, and I'm in no doubt that the training would be really second to none, and if i was starting my training i would seriously be considering ways on how to fund the course, but please can we be a bit more respectful to people who for whatever reason either chose not to, or have no option but to go elsewhere for their training. Again as said previously just because you have not trained with CND does not mean you cannot go on to become highly successful in this business.

Perfectly said :hug:
Even though at the moment can't afford still Love CND & S2.

Vicki xx

Vicki xx

Totaly agree, as I said before, I have not doubt that the new courses will be worth evey penny to those that can afford them. I am so pleased that I have been lucky enough to do my training with S2 before these changes came into play. Not because I think the new courses are not worth the money, nore that the new course as great value with all your supplies. I'm glad because, as a mother of young children and a total house hold income of £1,300 per month to pay rent/bill/school supplies etc, there is just no way I would have been able to save enough of a lump some to pay for all the training in one go. Nethier me or my husband claim any benefits and have worked hard for everything we have. We do not have expensive phones, tv's etc, don't drink and have only been out once in the past year which was a gift from my husband father. I took my L&P,Brisa,Mani & Pedi seprately over a six month period, using christmas and birthday money given to me by family and the little I could save from my husband doing overtime for me, in order for me to be able to get back into the work place after taking time out to raise my children. Neither me nore my husband would be able to get a loan either.

I plan to further my training with S2 and CND as soon as I am able to. I do believe in the quality of training provided and that all the courses are value for money, I just also believe that having to pay out one much larger sum at the begining, is going to make training unabtainable to people such as myself.

To imply that those who are serious will find the money, is however quite offencive. Just because someone may not be as well off as others, does not mean they are any less comitted to becoming a excellent nail techician. Please don't judge someone by the size of thier bank balance.

Do you know what I think, and this is now after having had time to think about the pricing, S2 have looked at it. They have put together the highest standard and quality of training in the industry. And when you want the best you have to pay for it. You have to pay what the trainers are worth.

And the "shock horror" prices are for the introductory courses ... the foundations of a business. Now if you can't afford them then that is understandable. I've just spent 8k on my new treatment room, and I want to add Shellac. So I am going to do my Manicure training somewhere else. But then I will (all being well and they are hapy for me to do so) I will do the following CND workshops. I hope I'm ok with the prices included as these are publicly available on the S2 website without logging in:

Shellac Brings Them Back - £50
The Polished Nail - £110 (a whole day dedicated to polish, brilliant!)
Spa-Tactular - £110
Master Painter - £200

So if I understand the website correctly I can go from no qualification through to a CND Master Painter for about £600 - £700 spreading the cost as I see fit. That seems a bloody good option to me! I have no interest in nail extensions, but Shellac I have a big interest in. And that's where I want to build some clients.

And yes, you can spend between £1000 and £2000 on the basic introductory training. Oh and don't get me wrong if I could afford it I would be at the head of the queue for the Nails Naturally course but I can't. So I have to take the slower path, but that path still gets me to where I want to go.

So we can all still invest in our business, we can all invest in new skills, we can all become CND pro's if we wish! And also don't forget, you can still do One To One training if you want to really perfect something.

It really is a shock when you first look at the new structures, but please don't let that put you off - think how you can develop using the Post-Grad training! Who else in the industry is offering so many post grad courses?

Mat

Ive been spending the last while planning where i'll slot in additional courses, i'm trying to build my business and work out when i'll be in a position to add on this or that
I feel that as long as i keep building up my regular clientelle and maintaining a good service, then every so often (through a course) there is a boost to my performance, which will bring another boost to my business, thats 'another' bit of growth, and again and again
that way its not too much stress on me because i choose when i can do it
i think subconciously if i really want something i will move pillar and post to get it, my son's school was an example of what lengths i'd go to to get that particular one, omg
It would pain me to train elsewhere, because the training, i feel is superior, so change would not be an option, Planning however, is.
Im well aware that ive shot myself in the foot by saying this, however, im a very fair person and i feel they have earned this
(and well, i know what its like to feel undervalued sometimes :cry: ) and im quite sure im not the only one
Im not selfish, i can see it from their side too

Last edited:
I don't use CND, does that make me a bad nail tech? Does it mean that I don't make money? Mean that I had a rubbish education? No. I did my course at my local college using Entity, my tutor is fab and I still go to her for advice and help, she is more than willing to guide me through any troubles I may have.

Having never tried CND's education, I can't comment. If you want to pay for their education great, but it's not the be all and end all. There are other options that I don't think should be over looked.

I think one of the positives that can be taken from this thread, is that it's clear that those who are upset by the changes are upset because they want to train with CND, as they believe in it and fear their plans are now vulnerable because of their financial situations. That's gotta be back handed confidence booster for the company surely! I'm not being in any way sarky, I just think peoples passion and belief in a product is coming out on this thread.

@ Christy, I also trained with Entity and enjoy their products. I think I will persue the Pedicure route with them and then look at the separate add ones with CND. I guess there are always CND vids for getting to know the products :sad:. It's true, we musn't forget the 121's aswell. They are more flexible too I believe?

Having slept on it, I am now of the opinion that I cannot change what is happening, I can only find a way around things to help suit my needs as best I can.

What I will add though, is that if the Pedicure course remains in the new bundle instead of continuing separate, then that is a financial loss for CND, because I won't pay out for a big old course for just one bit!!! So ner!! :wink2::lick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back