Sweet Squared Education - price increases

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already been covered but I would love to become a Master Painter - I did the 5 day foundation, brisa gels and extra 1.2.1 training for shellac and minx. I love natural nails above all but have not saved up enough for the spa training as yet. However what would be good is having some of the course content I have already done accredited towards the master painter course. There will of course be gaps in my knowledge and SS have done the right thing expanding the course but I would find it difficult to start from scratch financially.

I love further training and know I can still do 1.2.1's but I would also love a master qualification as I am very passionate about CND. Please can someone clarify if taking elements of the courses is or is going to be possible for those who have already started down education routes previously?

Well I can't wait to book onto the Master painter course.:biggrin: I think the new courses look great. I know there will be people who can't afford the courses but if you look at what you are getting for the price, I think they are well worth it.

I love further training and know I can still do 1.2.1's but I would also love a master qualification as I am very passionate about CND. Please can someone clarify if taking elements of the courses is or is going to be possible for those who have already started down education routes previously?

CND techs are Never too Cool for School, so yes, you will be able to carry on to reach Master status. Contact your current Education Ambassador or Sweet Squared to find route :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have read every page! Whew!

Anyway, just want to say to those who are worrying needlessly that everyone who has already done manicure will OF COURSE be supported by S2 and they will naturally be able to do their pedicure without having to redo the manicure again. We will totally arrange something special so that you can do that. Why would anyone think otherwise?

To the others tha are already PROSSIONALS, the new course details really do not apply to you as you are not beginners starting out. You can carry on your education modularly as you have always been able to do. Why all the worry? Nothing there has changed for you.

I have read every page! Whew!

Anyway, just want to say to those who are worrying needlessly that everyone who has already done manicure will OF COURSE be supported by S2 and they will naturally be able to do their pedicure without having to redo the manicure again. We will totally arrange something special so that you can do that. Why would anyone think otherwise?

I worried because when I looked through all the new courses, Pedicure wasn't there. I'm very happy to have CND training back in my plans again. (Not that I think any other training is lesser!).
I would also like to add that if I hadn't have already done Manicure and got my CND lamp and Shellac already, blah, blah, the naturally course would have been right up my street. To any newbies that aren't aware of prices of products yet. It IS a very good package.

:biggrin:

im glad im nsi trained tbh plus i got ILA funding with this have done gel, acrylic and doing nail art in nov again with help of Ila... i do think CND are great however i love shellac and minx, but dont think it makes me any less a technician because i didnt train with CND,

i already hold a nail qualification.
I am interested in doing the shellac course which is £50-
The polished nail £110-
The spa-tacular £110-
and the master painter £195-

All of which i think are very reasonably priced. xx

Shellac course is a lot cheaper than I first thought.

Looking forward to being able to do this.

Xx

Those who are serious will take the classes and find a way to pay for them.
I already have 4 students lined up for January start on the new CND complete, that is the most expensive and comprehensive one of the lot, plus they get an ITEC qualification too.
So I dont think its going to be prohibitive at all
Jen xx

Ok, To all of those who have been offended by my comment I apologise but you have actually taken it out of the context it was meant.
If you value your career and professionalism then purely looking at the cost is wrong. The level of teaching is what matters. That is exactly what I meant by being serious, Not serious in the way that many of you have taken it.
To build a successful profitable business takes a lot of time and money.
The new classes and prices relate to the beginners classes, the complete novice who has never had any previous training.
Those who have had training can still book conversion classes, Spatacular which cover the mani and pedi using the spa products.
It seems that many have just seen the price increase and decided that they just cant afford it and instead turn it into a negative rather than looking at the positives.
Those talking of an instalment plan, what about taking out a 0% interest credit card and paying it off monthly, the money you bring in will have it paid off before the interest increases.
I'm a little disappointed that a few have got so worked up over something that is an amazing thing in our industry with the addition of an ITEC qualification and that point is being missed, many are just seeing the price increase and not looking at the bigger picture.
I have been delayed in my response as have been away working at the Manchester show and now am home am able to log on and post a reply.
No where has anyone said that not training in CND or holding a CND qualification will it make you any less of a professional and I really dont understand where that is coming from.
CND have one of the biggest reputation in the industry at being the top of the game in their products and training, they have never put down anyone who uses other systems, or claimed that any who train with them are more superior than others. So the comments about being less of a professional are uncalled for.
Jen

I'm a little disappointed that a few have got so worked up over something that is an amazing thing in our industry with the addition of an ITEC qualification and that point is being missed, many are just seeing the price increase and not looking at the bigger picture.

This is a really good point Jen. I think this has been lost somewhere along the way for some. Sweet squared are not upping the price only to remain teaching the same course, what they've done is create a whole new educational programme that results in you gaining an itec which i think is fabulous. I'm actually quite gutted they didn't bring in out earlier in the year as i certainly would have booked on lol.
With the new beginners courses you get longer and more indepth training, products and tools and an itec which will obviously come at a higher cost. Oh yes and the love and respect from sweet squared though they obviously don't charge for this bit :)

I do understand peoples disappointment if you've made a plan to train with cnd and based the cost upon the old education system and now feel you can't afford the new courses but as i previously said in my other post if you work out the costs singularly and understand that you will also gain an itec and the things I've said above you'll realise you will in the long run be better off. It may take you longer to get there but with determination and passion you will get there. Believe me geeks the happyfeets don't have much cash i sold my car and other bits to buy training and products i know not everyone can do that but if someone had told me this time last year I'd be working in this fabulous industry I'd have laughed in their face simply because I'd have thought I'd never have been able to afford training let alone products. I'm not telling you a nice little fairy tale here lol, what I'm trying to say is we never know what's round the corner, i didn't think it was possible but i never wrote my ambition off because of money, i just had to think of a way to get round it :)

Ladies .... The new education is ALL ABOUT OPTIONS. No one who is already a professional need look at the JUMP stage... You are all at the LEAP or FLY stage and most prices are no different. As to the pedicure class we will honour ALL those that have already done manicure only, with a pedicure only class so STOP WORRYING. The new program is designed to create amazing beginners and to give them everything they need to become a true nail professional.

For those that have already done the beginners (no matter who you trained with) you will have amazing options to do all kinds of courses with CND as and when you wish or can afford. If you have done everything but just wanted to do NAIL HISTORY for example... You can!!!! You don't have to pay for the whole thing... That would be insane and we are not a money grabbing company who would employ such tactics.

This entire change is something we have been working on for FIVE years!!! We want all nail pros or budding nails pros to be SUCCESSFUL... we have proved time and time again that what we are seriously good at, is creating great nail professionals. This is an EXCITING time to be one and for those that want to JUMP into this career, the CND Complete could not be any better step to take.

As to MASTERS, the new programs are brilliant. The Master Painter designer for colour and Shellac are fabulous AND as a Master Painter you can charge more... Just like hairdressers do... This makes you more money which leads to more success.

Our industry needed the bar raising. We have done it and we are proud to do it. Our CND nail professionals are PROUD to be part of the CND family. We think absolutely nothing less of anyone who hasn't trained with us. Life is about choices but I do believe that we have some of the finest nail pros in the industry using our products and I for one am very proud of that. :idea:

Oh thank you Mrs Geek, I am so excited I can't wait to jump and fly when funds allow (wish I was not so part time ggrrrr). It is fabulous to have a master painter option, I am so thrilled at the prospect of working towards this.
I am used to CPD with my Accounting Technician qualifications, in fact it is complusory not optional. Of course we are all doing CPD by just being on this site, learning from each other and venturing into the latest trends and techniques.

When pennies allow I can wait to have the opportunity to gain more qualifications. Thank you sweet squared and sorry for the worries, I should have known you would have spent years thinking it all through. I am so so eager to save up now yay :Love:

I felt compelled to read all the post:zzz: it logged me out:)

I truly believe that if you value yourself,your business and your abilities you will complete your modules through to the end...Masters for me!

I want to train in the future and pass on my passion for the industry to help others. We should believe in ourselves.

Like any industry there are lots of ok people, a reasonable amount of good people and then there are the people at the top of their game (irrespective of brand)
I truly feel that you pay for quality - in every way, it takes more commitment,passion, and courage (by the way these things are free!) You only get out of something that which you are prepared to put in. And, yes like everything else in life we choose the path we wish to take and pay accordingly. You have to look at the bigger picture and the end result.
I want to and intend to complete my Masters irrespective of anything else and for that reason alone i will.

i appreciate things cost money, like many on here we all have struggles in life that is what makes us who we are. But I am 200% committed to myself and will make it!

i've had all the usual, divorce, single parents, illness that left me unable to walk for 8 months 3 yrs ago but determination is a priceless jewel:biggrin:it:
I have days like everyone one else, one step forward and 2 back but I pick myself up and get on with carryon...::eek:
So ladies whatever you can or can't afford today, there is always tomorrow!Your life and career are what you make it The worlds your oyster go out there and grab it!
Lynda

I've just booked the manicure course for Dec, I'm a bit annoyed that they didn't mention this to me when I booked, as I'd rather save and do the Complete than doing the Manicure twice!

Contact SS about it. They will maybe help you out x

I actually cannot wait untill this new education system hits the UK as I'm going to book onto the master painter course and do some more. I understand that if you are looking to do Brisa or L&P it is going to be very expensive. But they making the courses so much more indepth and it will benefit you. Most of the courses come with a kit aswell.

Personally if I was going to do L&P or gel I would be booking in with CND, I think they are great. I also believe that if you trained elsewhere then you still CAN be a good tech. And there is the option to do another course and if you find you want to try different products once you are more competent you could do a conversion course.

I think people are panicking over nothing here, as most of the things have stayed the same. I dont understand why people are on here complaining without even calling s2 to clarify anything, theyre the folks who can help you out gals.

I beleive in the saying you get what you pay for. You can buy a foundation from superdrug at £5.99 and one in Debenhams for £30. The one in superdrug will ultimatley not be as good. You make a choice whether you want to pay for it or not. That is the same here. No one will think any less of you because you arenot CND trained, its for some people and not for others.

x

Well my booking for the manicure course is on hold at the moment till I find out the dates for the complete course :D

Just to reiterate a post from Mrs. geek from pages back .. which could have been read and would have answered the questions recently posted if anyone had wanted to take the time ...

Mrs Geek ..Ladies .... The new education is ALL ABOUT OPTIONS. No one who is already a professional need look at the JUMP stage... You are all at the LEAP or FLY stage and most prices are no different. As to the pedicure class we will honour ALL those that have already done manicure only, with a pedicure only class so STOP WORRYING. The new program is designed to create amazing beginners and to give them everything they need to become a true nail professional.

For those that have already done the beginners (no matter who you trained with) you will have amazing options to do all kinds of courses with CND as and when you wish or can afford. If you have done everything but just wanted to do NAIL HISTORY for example... You can!!!! You don't have to pay for the whole thing... That would be insane and we are not a money grabbing company who would employ such tactics.

This entire change is something we have been working on for FIVE years!!! We want all nail pros or budding nails pros to be SUCCESSFUL... we have proved time and time again that what we are seriously good at, is creating great nail professionals. This is an EXCITING time to be one and for those that want to JUMP into this career, the CND Complete could not be any better step to take.

As to MASTERS, the new programs are brilliant. The Master Painter designer for colour and Shellac are fabulous AND as a Master Painter you can charge more... Just like hairdressers do... This makes you more money which leads to more success.

Our industry needed the bar raising. We have done it and we are proud to do it. Our CND nail professionals are PROUD to be part of the CND family. We think absolutely nothing less of anyone who hasn't trained with us. Life is about choices but I do believe that we have some of the finest nail pros in the industry using our products and I for one am very proud of that. :idea:

I'm really confused by all this.
If I do the Manicure this month I don't have to pay for it on the Complete course?
When I phoned Debbie I said there would be no point in doing the manicure twice and she said that's true.

Hi Sammi,

The Nails Naturally Manicure Course was created for us to be able to provide a beginners manicure class which CND didn't have at the time. Therefore the format, compared to that on the CND Global Education Programme manicure, is different and, unfortunately, not inter-changeable.

The Global Education is brand new, and not like anything we have been able to offer before, so if anyone has any questions about where they need to start, or where they can go from here, and to avoid any misconceptions please feel free to call me on 0113 2173801. I am more than happy to answer your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back