Talks of another fuel blockade

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamla

Reaction score
As the title says here. Some of you may or may not agree with this. I for one am for it. Something has to be done about fuel prices. It is currently £109.9 in my village :eek: a 10p rise in two weeks.

Make sure you keep your cars filled up before the panic buying starts.

I've heard through the lorry grapevine that it might be happening this weekend. i will post up if i find out more.

(This is a public service announcement, you have not been charged for this information, as you were )

Haven't heard anything, but now thousands of geeks will be panic buying.

My hubby is a lorry driver, he delivers for Shell, it wont be happening on the weekend, if at all then it will go ahead on friday, with lorries from everywhere travelling to the nearest refinery!
There is nothing to worry about not many of them have much sticking power these days, and they cant stop my husband and the other drivers making deliveries!

But as Tamla says just to be on the safe side fill up your tanks! xxxx

As the title says here. Some of you may or may not agree with this. I for one am for it. Something has to be done about fuel prices. It is currently £109.9 in my village :eek: a 10p rise in two weeks.

Make sure you keep your cars filled up before the panic buying starts.

I've heard through the lorry grapevine that it might be happening this weekend. i will post up if i find out more.

(This is a public service announcement, you have not been charged for this information, as you were )

is it really that price where you are?!!!!:eek: I thought it was bad where i live....in some garages its 102.9p.

Its bad really...i vaguely remember the last blockade and it being chaos!!!! but totally agree with it. its such a rip off.

sian
xx

Monday the 19th is the buy no fuel day just had an email come in.

Monday the 19th is the buy no fuel day just had an email come in.

There are loads of those going round for all sorts of dates. I think i ve had one for every month since the last blockade.:irked:

Well I don't mind if my car runs low, just means I have to use the bike for work:green:
What a blow:lol:
On a serious note, I think it is disgusting that 62% of the fuel price is tax in one form or another, but when you stop being able to take gov funding from cigs, its got to come from some where hasn't it.

My in-laws live in Wick in the North of Scotland and you can add at least 5p a litre to the most expensive price for petrol you can pay down here. They have always had horrendous prices for petrol up there.

Well I hope something gets done about it as it really is costing me a fortune in petrol, my car guzzles it anyway but now its even more expensive its costing me a bomb.

I don't really think the one day strike at pumps will make much difference as everyone will surely just fill up the day before/after ?!

I'm in Canada ........not where you guys are but last time I bought gas it was $105.9 L :irked:...and it keeps rising ....at this rate I'll be in the snow riding my bike:eek: if this keeps up .....good thing I'm home based !

I think this is really bad, the prices are out of control!:eek:

There is an email circulating around facebook and email about the no fuel day on Monday 19th and if you search facebook for it, you will get the info (if you are on facebook).

I for one will definitely be avoiding petrol stations then.:irked:

I think there is a chance that if everyone sticks together on it then we could have an impact, all be it a small one, depending on how many get involved.

:hug::hug:

I am the same here 109.9, put £10.00 into night, and got just shy under 10 litres. It shocking, esp, when I am mobile, and need my car for my business.

My husband is saying mention in America, they pay 31p per litre.

Wonder why Americans are different?

My husband is saying mention in America, they pay 31p per litre.

Wonder why Americans are different?

Because they do something about it. Not like us Brits that just let it happen :irked:

Because they do something about it. Not like us Brits that just let it happen :irked:
Doesn't the US produce a lot of their own fuel anyway?

The price is still based on the worldwide base price of a barrel of oil.

Its cheaper in the states because their government doesn't tax the hell out of it.

Nearly 70% of the cost of fuel here is government fuel tax. Basically right now....every time you buy a litre of fuel, its costs you 30p ish for the fuel and 70p ish in tax!

You have hit the nail on the head, its our tax, that damaging our pockets!!!
With the costing of petrol over here.

Right, ive put my bullet proof vest on ready for the fireing squad, lol.

ok, the tax on fuel is surely like pay as ou go road tax? the more you travel the more you pay! I think thats pretty fair to be honest. And as for the price of fuel, i have a diesel, i put about £70 a month in and i get 1000 miles out of that. So if your spending a fortune on fuel and not doing many miles, youd probs be better off getting a more economical car!!! oh, and my car tax is also only £35 a year!!! due to low co2 emmissions.

what i want to know is what does that tax get spent on? is it maintaining roads etc?

The price is still based on the worldwide base price of a barrel of oil.

Its cheaper in the states because their government doesn't tax the hell out of it.

Nearly 70% of the cost of fuel here is government fuel tax. Basically right now....every time you buy a litre of fuel, its costs you 30p ish for the fuel and 70p ish in tax!
Blimey, I didn't know that!

ok, the tax on fuel is surely like pay as ou go road tax? the more you travel the more you pay! I think thats pretty fair to be honest. And as for the price of fuel, i have a diesel, i put about £70 a month in and i get 1000 miles out of that. So if your spending a fortune on fuel and not doing many miles, youd probs be better off getting a more economical car!!! oh, and my car tax is also only £35 a year!!! due to low co2 emmissions.

Thats all very well if you can afford one of those new swanky low emmision cars. I for one, can't. i have the most fuel efficient car i can get for my money and the road tax is still A touch under £200.

Believe it or not, we are getting a Range Rover (not a new one)next due to the fact it's LPG converted, so less tax and gas is only 44p a litre. LPG is the way to go in my eyes. I think the people in the house of commons should all take a massive pay cut, then maybe we wouldn't have to pay so much in tax.

LPG is the way to go in my eyes.

Unfortunately that thas what people said abour diesel 10 years ago - when it was considerably cheaper than petrol....now its more expensive and for the most part, diesel isn't that fuel efficient...unless you are doing a pretty high mileage, when you look at the cost differential between petrol and diesel cars, servicing etc. IMO LPG is being sold pretty much as a loss leader right now and I think that will start to rise in price too.

Katelisa, I actually agree with you to a point. What annoys the hell out of me is when they start to talk about FURTHER road tax hikes, PAYG taxes or toll charges, and say it is purely for environmental issues....rubbish! Its pure revenue generation!

Latest posts

Back