The Event 2010

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible to nominate someone for an award or do they have to do it themselves?

I wondered this also, I have absolutely no grounds to nominate myself for anything but I'd gladly nominate someone else!

same here I looked at the list and unless it said something like ' most likely to pull collins tail' or ' best looking cat avatar' or 'shes a tryer' or ' occassionaly posts interesting threads'...........................

you can nominate another if you wish! :hug:

you can nominate another if you wish! :hug:

B&Q do nails....6" ones ...can I nominate them or does it have to be acrylic ones only :eek::hug:

Sorry couldn't resist....hope you all have a wonderful time at the event and good luck to you all :hug:

Could I have clarification on 'minx of the year' please and also nail passion

Could I have clarification on 'minx of the year' please and also nail passion
Well. a salon that has done incredible things with MINX could nominate themselves. Maybe it's a salon that has seen it's sales soar due to offering Minx; maybe it's one that buys £££ worth of Minx a month... maybe a salon that feels they did an incredible marketing campaign... if it works - put yourself in the running.

as to Nail Passion. Most of you know how utterly nail passionate I am. This Award will go to someone who feels (or others feel) have gone above and beyond with their obsession with the nail industry.

Hope this helps!:idea::!:

B&Q do nails....6" ones ...can I nominate them or does it have to be acrylic ones only :eek::hug:

Sorry couldn't resist....hope you all have a wonderful time at the event and good luck to you all :hug:

You know what Collin - put yourself out there man - buy a ticket!! :lol:

Last edited:
well I have my student and i a have my Minx and i also have my nail passion..................

For those who haven't yet got their ticket to The Event, there is a chance to win one this month on Beautyguild.com! Click here to have a go!

Ok guys, I haven't been on here for months and months but THE EVENT has made me curious enough to come out of the woodwork!!!!:lol:

I know it will be just what I need to brush up on everything as it's been a long time since I've done any training. I also know that it's worth every penny!!!

I'm wondering if anyone would like to share a lift or at least a room?:)

Woohoo, I've just booked my ticket and hotel, I'm so excited, but also really nervous as I'm such a newbie, just hope I won't be out of my depth with all you experts :lol:. Looking forward to meeting everyone and glad to see from earlier posts that I won't be the only one on my own who won't know anyone:eek:
Carol

Woohoo, I've just booked my ticket and hotel, I'm so excited, but also really nervous as I'm such a newbie, just hope I won't be out of my depth with all you experts :lol:. Looking forward to meeting everyone and glad to see from earlier posts that I won't be the only one on my own who won't know anyone:eek:
Carol

Yeeehaaah Carol....You're not a newbie, you won't be out of your depth and you know all of us...so....sorted!!!!!!:lol:

Yeeehaaah Carol....You're not a newbie, you won't be out of your depth and you know all of us...so....sorted!!!!!!:lol:

As I'm only doing nails part time & not getting the practice I should, I still regard myself as a newbie LOL, but yes you are right I do know all of you and I'm sure after the event I'll know everyone a lot better :lol:. Can't wait, but now in a panic as I've just read that I need a dress for the dance, yippee an excuse to go shopping :hug:, (as if I need one!!)

Ok guys, I haven't been on here for months and months but THE EVENT has made me curious enough to come out of the woodwork!!!!:lol:

I know it will be just what I need to brush up on everything as it's been a long time since I've done any training. I also know that it's worth every penny!!!

I'm wondering if anyone would like to share a lift or at least a room?:)

Hey Nikki!

Welcome back babes! I wish I could commit to going to The Event but I have so much to juggle at the moment - college, new salon, exams and hospital in May (laparoscopy). I am gutted at the prospect of not going but especially so if I miss a catch up with you:cry:!

I am sure you will have a fab time and hopefully someone will pop up to share the room with you xxx:)

As I'm only doing nails part time & not getting the practice I should, I still regard myself as a newbie LOL, but yes you are right I do know all of you and I'm sure after the event I'll know everyone a lot better :lol:. Can't wait, but now in a panic as I've just read that I need a dress for the dance, yippee an excuse to go shopping :hug:, (as if I need one!!)

Are you on the Scottish bus?

Im not on the Scottish bus :cry:, but that would be silly wouldnt it being as I am in Wales :eek:. I booked my hotel for a single room before Christmas *must double check it!
I still havent managed to find anybody to travel down with (or will anyone have space in their car for little o me).
I do drive but I am far too scared & nervous to drive on my own and so willl probably go it alone by train, my hubbie has offered to drive me drop me off go back home then come back for me on the Sunday, but that would be such a waste of his time I would feel really mean, so if anyone is getting the train fairly local to me I would gladly meet up to travel with you.

Hey Nikki!

Welcome back babes! I wish I could commit to going to The Event but I have so much to juggle at the moment - college, new salon, exams and hospital in May (laparoscopy). I am gutted at the prospect of not going but especially so if I miss a catch up with you:cry:!

I am sure you will have a fab time and hopefully someone will pop up to share the room with you xxx:)

Awww Christine :hug: I so wish you were going, it won't be the same without you . Sounds like you have rather alot going on :eek:

I've decided to take the plunge and have a room all to myself!!! :lol: Space for ME and a weekend for ME!!! Because I deserve it!!! :lol:

MWAH xxx

Awww Christine :hug: I so wish you were going, it won't be the same without you . Sounds like you have rather alot going on :eek:

I've decided to take the plunge and have a room all to myself!!! :lol: Space for ME and a weekend for ME!!! Because I deserve it!!! :lol:

MWAH xxx
I never get a room to myself!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I never get a room to myself!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Awww bless ya hun, it's not like you can leave hubby behind like the rest of us:lol: Sorry Sam, it's a girl thing:green:
Well I haven't done a set of nails for months, so I'm on the panic bus too. Just know my smile lines will suck:rolleyes: but I don't care. I'm coming and I'm going to have fun and I might even buy a dress:eek:

Latest posts

Back