THE NEXT BIG THING ?.... new application method

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was jus explaining to my daughter about this ...
and SHE has a question lol ( shes 11 btw)

she said
"Does this mean if it is a regular client and you know how they like their nails to be....could you pretailor the poppits with the free edge (white etc)
and then just apply the nail bed colour when they arrive and then apply ?

you know my reasons for asking these questions now before demo....coz i will be a bag of nerves and lose ,my ability to speak :green:

Wow!:eek: You daughter is going to be the next BIG thing in nails!!! :green:

Wow! You daughter is going to be the next BIG thing in nails!!!

EXACTLY!! :eek::lol::eek:

Well, I went, I saw & I am convinced!!!!

After a nightmare almost 4 hour drive this morning (boy did I hit the traffic!) I can honestly say I'm glad I went.

I had a nail done by Gigi & it looks really great! I have bought a box & will be doing the rest on that hand tonight! I can't post a pic of the nail Gigi did as I can't find the lead to attach the camera to the laptop! (sorry!).

I won't try & explain the method here, better coming from the horses mouth as it were! The thing I am most excited about at the moment is being able to do my own nails in 30 or so mins!!!! Yipeeee!! What I will say is that the 30 min set is with one colour (ie pink or clear) tip/ overlay. They can be used with P & W powder but that would take a little longer (something I said a few pages back - I'm psychic!!)

Gigi did say she will be putting an online tutorial here with step by step instructions, so good news for those who won't make it!

Saldly I didn't have time to stay & play , everyone has an opportunity to try it while they're threre. Was too paranoid about the traffic & had to get home for the little un coming out of school. Miraculously I got back in 1 hr 45 min!! A bit different from this morning.

So, I will be trying the popits out in the comfort & privacy (incase I make a boob!) of my own home, will let you know how it goes! Gigi made it look so simple (which it actually is!) - I think with a few goes away we go rejoycing!!!

Would like to add that all the staff I met were all really friendly & helpful, a real credit to the business!

I have just done three nails in ten mins (ok ok my first go lol)

I can't think of any other words so wow again,amazing .

I have just done three nails in ten mins (ok ok my first go lol)

I can't think of any other words so wow again,amazing .

Pictures?!?!?!?!?!?

sorry if iam being a little thick here but please bear with me iam not very well today, but can someone please explain to me what PopIts are?? please ive looked everywhere.:cry::cry::cry:

:hug:

Your best bet is to go to the thread "NEXT BIG THING" and read it all ! or type in popits in the search, but that will just link you to the middle of the above thread, so you really need to read (or most of it) it to get the gist of it.

I know its long but it will really fill you in on all that has been discussed, it is also really interesting and will have you oohing and ahhing !

Hi all, i got back from the demo day and....

wow!

ive been having a play but i need some more practise.

Bought what i needed whilst i was there.

If anyone can get to leeds you should. I drove 2 1/2 hrs and it was worth it.

Thanks Gigi 4 a great day! x x x

ooooooooo
I am going tomorrow afternoon with Theresa (oey) Im sooo nervous and VERY excited.

I'm an insy bit gutted....tonights client canceled half an hour after she was ment to be here...so now I dont have money for popits :cry:

But at least I have the chance to go so its alll goooooddd :green:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
:irked::cry:

I AM SO JEALOUS:!:

You are all such a lucky bunch of geeks, seeing it first hand, meeting geeg, having her do a sample nail on you.

:cry::cry::cry:

Sometimes, (and only sometimes, mind you lol) being a Canadian TOTALLY SUCKS:!:

:lol:

well guys ..

wow, what a great day, I was only going for a couple of hours but stayed 5 !! she IS that good .. Gigi will be putting up the tutorials after the demo week, but she wants those who can to see it for them selfs (doesn't want to spoil the fun !!)
but I have to say it was one of the best days I've ever had at Leeds, all the guys were helpful, friendly and relaxed, which made me feel ace as my belly is normally in knots as I drive into the car park !! (even Samuel was hard at work !!!lol)
All of you who have had the pleasure of meeting Gigi before know what a gem she is, she is so excited about this new method, and rightly so, she made it look soo easy, which after a little play it will be. The possibles are ended less and the extra time (= money) we will save is, what I for one think the industry needs to be able to compete with the nns. This new method give us another option a new way to compete !!
I've got my little 'popits' in my nail room and will have a play tomorrow and post a few pics
little Fiona was a star in the 'hands on room' letting us all have a play .. doesn't time fly.
so many geeks were there HELLO again and thanks cec and jinx for my nails xxx
it was great to finally say hi to Louise xx so if you are going anytime this week you'll love the new method and really enjoy the day ..
thanks everyone at S2 for a great day, and big thanks to Gigi xx It was lovely to meet you,and get the chance to see you and listen to your very wise words, but you know what I forgot .... my nailclass book was in my bag ,, what a dummy I am xx hugs xx

Well I'm getting to go Thursday :D and we've worked out that it's going to take about 4 and a half hours to get there by car (decided against the train as it was too expensive), unfortunately that means I'm only going to be able to stay for a couple of hours (don't like to leave my girls for too long) but I will make the most of those 2 hours. Sounds like those who have already been were impressed which is a good sign. Just looking forward to going now although I know when I get there I'm going t be a nervous wreck!:Scared:

Hi Geeks

Can one of you guys give me the address for the Demo day with Geeg
Geeg was very kind to email it ti me, but very stupid me deleted it by mistake

Jenx

Yeah what a fantastic day, Nice to see some Geeky faces- clara, loubylou,Cec and the girl with the sausage dog pic and a couple of girls from Chester.
Clara doon let me have ago on her (thanks babe!) I was really impressed although I m defo gonna need more pratice. I wasnt convinced before I got there but the poppits are so easy and the finish is great!
Got to say Gigi was lovely, very very patient especially with the constant questions fired at her, very talented but she makes it look too easy! LOL
met Fiona (educator from Glasgow) who was lovely too and Sam and Sam were both there all day so got to chat to them. Infact we all had to be practically thrown out at the end of the day! Lol:green:

Infact we all had to be practically thrown out at the end of the day! Lol:green:
:):) do you think we stayed to long !! lol

See you there in a couple of hours geeky peeps :D x

ps i'll be wearing a red polo neck so please say hi :o :hug:

Aha! That was YOU! I saw you tried to say hi, but I really had no clue about who you were, and for a strange reason I never got the chance to ask you. "HI"! :-D

:hug:C.

:):) do you think we stayed to long !! lol

Yeah maybe LOl!!!:green::green:

And dont forget your officially invited to mine in January!

Hi, I was there with my fiancé for the 1pm demo.

Leeds is a complete nightmare!!! Our Sat Nav for all its wisdom decided it wasn't going to find any satellites and we drove around lost & stressed for hours with him threatening to throw the damn thing out the window. Asking for directions we got totally sc****d but eventually found a garage selling A-Z's for a very inflated price and navigated ourselves back in a complete circle to where we started which of course is where it was....

Anyway, after all that I didn't want to put him through waiting while I gabbed & played so I didn't really get to say hi - but I did recognise a couple of 'familiar' faces so sorry if I was a bit unsociable!!!

The product is great although I've got some teething problems but of course Rome wasn't built in a day.....better get back to practising........

:hug:

im going on thursday - with NO NAILS on, geeg you got your work cut out with these babies =- i just have to be a model

Latest posts

Back