tips n tricks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is a silly one and an obvious one really .....
keep your tip adhesive in the spare compartment of your tip box....saves you rooting around for the little b**ger

Hi

I have two bottles of top coat, one for french/american manicures and one for slut red and other colours. I find that sometimes the polish gets in my brush because Im too impatient to wait for it to dry.

Always keep a safety pin in my case to un-block my nozzel on the resin bottle.

Thats about it at the minute.

xx

I suppose this may seem like a common sense thing, but I have learnt not to let the client tell me what they want/need - I tell THEM what is the best type of enhancement for them.
I don't think that the customer does always know what's best.
Good thread mate.

yesterday i went for some one to one training with a fab tech who i know....... she told me i was good at what i was doing......

the only tip i have is........... believe in yourself, have confidence, if you think you can do it....... you will

:hug: :hug:

Well here are my top tips lol

Never leave uv gel in direct sunlight or near to your lamp with the lid off because it starts to cure.

Use a small nail brush to get L&p dust of your abrasives.

Have a spare brush for sweeping under your smile lines.

To dry enamel quickly run nails under cold water for a few minutes.

A tiny tip, for clients who want to wear temporary enhancements.

Don't buff the nail plate, just sanitize it. Then apply some layers of polish.
I use an Essie hyppoallergenic base, followed by a thick layer of ridge filler (that also smoothes the natural color) and then a thick layer of top coat.
Wait until the polish is completely dry and very lightly buff with a white block.
Then make your set as usual with gel or L+P, no need for any primer.

There will be no lifting until 3-4 days.

The nice thing about that trick is that removing the enhancements becomes very easy, very fast and the natural nail is exactly as it was before the enhancements, there's even no need for any shining buffer.

Just soak off the nails for 5 minutes in acetone-based polish remover. No need for real acetone or for any specific product. And acetone-based polish removers alreay contain oils that protects the skin from drying.

After the soak off, gently lift the nail using a toothpick, and everything will easily come up in large chunks, leaving a perfect natural nail (or at least, as it was before).

It also works with gels, even the strong ones, that are acetone-resistant.

However, with some L+P, there can be chemical incompatibilities. I recently tried with NSI Attraction L+P, and it quickly yellowed (and it was fun, because it only yellowed exactly where the polish was, not on the area that was sculpted on the form). So experiment on yourself before trying it on clients.

This is probably a dumb one, but it might help someone.

I use bright red nail polish to write a "p" for pink, "w" for white, "tw" for truly white etc, etc, on the lids of my Acrylic powders. So it makes it heaps easier and faster to just grab what you need without having to pull them all out etc.

Just another tip, ALWAYS make sure the right lid goes on the right jar.:irked:

Just another tip, ALWAYS make sure the right lid goes on the right jar.:irked:

I suppose to prevent you from putting the wrong lid on the wrong jar, you can write P, W, TW etc on the jar as well !

Marlise

Thanks Marlise, you are right, I did try that, but me being me, I put it on the bottom of the jar! :smack: x

I suppose to prevent you from putting the wrong lid on the wrong jar, you can write P, W, TW etc on the jar as well !

Marlise

yup coz i have just spent god knows how long looking for my white powder :lol: was convinced i had 2 pots of clear , lol :smack:

Gotta be honest you guys - my best trick is one for the french polish smile lines!
Here we go - I always cut the brush on my white polishes to a super point using a pair of scissors.
Wizzing through perfecto smiles has never been ssssooo easy!
Honestly give it a go it makes French polish a joy to do as you get really fab smile lines every time!
Good luck geeks
Jayneym xx

Gotta be honest you guys - my best trick is one for the french polish smile lines!
Here we go - I always cut the brush on my white polishes to a super point using a pair of scissors.
Wizzing through perfecto smiles has never been ssssooo easy!
Honestly give it a go it makes French polish a joy to do as you get really fab smile lines every time!
Good luck geeks
Jayneym xx

Do you cut it to a point (like a nail art brush) or to an angle?

i have wondered for a while now wether this shape ( would be good for a white tip polish brush ,as you would have a nice curve to work with !
will give your way a go though ,thsnkyou

I use my old gel brushes as clean up brushes. I snip the brush into a good kind a square shape. I use it to do my frenches. i applly two coats of white polish directly on nail no basecoat just finished and prepped nail. then dipp cut brush into acetone and use brush to make perfect smile line. then i aplly basecoat and one or two coats sheer polish like essie sugar daddy and topcoat. whites last twice as long and always look consitant. they look like they were airbrushed.also fab for short nails. i also then use this brush to clean and polish on skin or cuticles.

Brilliant thread... am writing a couple down to keep in my nail desk.... my memory is awful.

I don't have any tips other than what has been mentioned... and I must admit that was limited to pre-tailoring tips :o

Hiya
Nothing to do with nails

I wet a cotton wool pad with clean cool water and then roll the tip of a cocktail stick in the pad...this make a very neat cotton bud
Great for those tiny tricky bits you want to remove E.G pencil brows/eyeliner & lippy
Cotton buds are just a bit big sometimes

Jenx
Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire

I keep all my old files for Pedicures and then throw them!
Write down the tip sizes of all new clients on their record card to save a few minutes next time!
Tell everyone about the benefits of SolarOil because I love it and truly believe in it and most of all want to sell it! I tell them , fingers, toes , dry patches of skin, lips and my fave is the flaky bit under your nose when you have a cold......works for me!! xx

I found this tip on a past thread and its helped loads, when applying tips keep your elbow tucked in to your side, if your arms right up there`s more chance of the tip being applied slightly more to one side. this makes a real difference if applying white tips.

For me it has to be.....

File Control parts 1,2 & 3 - Gigi

Custom blending it up - GMG

Wheel of Fortune - (colour theory) - GMG

These have saved me from insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back