! WARNING ! Ebay user stealing nail art images !!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~bec~

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Some very dissapointing news.....yesterday i was alerted to the fact that an image of my nail art was stolen from my site and appeared on a German ebay site.

My Computer geek sister looked at this german site, translated the language to english and later advised me this site is selling a disk of nail art tutorials. Hence my nail art is on this disk with steps on how to recreate it.

Another image i viewed on this site was nail art i had seen on a Japaneese nail art site. So who knows how much of our work is on this German nail art cd that is being sold on ebay. Apparently many of these CD's are being sold.

I thought you should all know. So please, please, WATERMARK YOUR ARTWORK.

Thats not very nice is it, and they are lovely too. They should use their own bloomin work.
Do you know what the auction is for.

Aww hun! Thats awful!! Is there anything you can do about it?

i beleive they are acutioning a nail art CD.

Im still thinking about if i should do something or not and what!!!!!!!!!!!

The more i think about it, the more madder i get!!!! Here they are selling a CD of nail art, with my my nail art images on it, and getting paid for it. ITs like AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!...thats my nail art, im just a little lady in a little town in australia. Ah, that feels better, had to vent!!!!!

At the moment i am removing my images from my site untill i watermark them. Thats step 1 for now, wil;l decide what else to do later, but unfortunately, there is probably nothing i can do about it as they are all the way in germany, but at least i can let you guys know, and you can let everyone else know, so that this company CAN NOT STEAL ANYMORE NAIL ART FROM US NAIL TECHS WHO WORK OUR BUTTS OFF!!!!!!!!

Sorry, im a little pissed off right now.

Just a thought to at least stop it happening for now may be:

Can you contact ebay controllers and report the seller ? - hopefully they will stop the seller this way ?

NailsNovice said:
Just a thought to at least stop it happening for now may be:

Can you contact ebay controllers and report the seller ? - hopefully they will stop the seller this way ?

Thanks for your reply Claire xxoo. I think I will at least let ebay controllers know. xxoo

Sorry to hear that you got caught out by this Bec. Good advice from Claire, make sure that Ebay know about this seller. If you can cause enough interference you may make it too uncomfortable for the seller to continue. It's also a good idea to post about such incidences in Geek as it alerts everyone else to this practice of stealing other guys work.

To those that want to mark their own nail images but aren't sure how to go about it, I've placed a step by step tutorial in The Nail Directly detailing the few simple steps you need to take. Click on the link below to see it.

A little tip from me? If your nail work is any good at all and you have your pictures stored somewhere on the internet OR if you plan to do so in the future, start marking your pics now before you build up a large collection and all of a sudden it becomes a momentous chore to mark all those pics. Do it now while its still manageable.​

You can inform EBAY that the user stole your pictures and Ebay can STOP his auction, I know as someone did this to me and ebay made the person end their auction as it was my photo used. I know this wont solve the whole issue but it will stop him selling your work as such. Email Ebay. PM me if you need any help.

thanks guys, i will definately email ebay and let them know.

Isant it just rude!!!

Yes, its going to be a big enough job watermarking them all. Thanks Seanny for the tutorial you added to the nail directory site.

i know of a self taught 'nail technician' who advertises her services with pictures of gorgeous looking nails, not her own handy work either. I've had clients who have been to her and left very disappointed

how rude is that!! how did u find out they used it?? xx

Thanks for the info. Yup, definately complain to ebay.

I started watermarking all my pics today.. HOPEFULLy will finish by the end of the week and will delete the others and upload new ones

ugh, what a job:irked:

hi bec im sorry to hear that i to looked ur nail art work is great but ebay in my opinon when it comes to this sot of thing are hopeless i would try but they properly wont do anything what they ave done is so sad and i agree whilst the nail tech is busy at heart getting beter every day at their work somone goes and steals it :evil: thats exactly what it is its not theirs for them to take ans sell.... they are making money off other peoples work not their own its a disgrace and i would be fuming to...
I hope all goes well for you trying to stp them from seeling this art :hug:

~bec~ said:
here is a link to the ebay page. my nails are the ones with the red tips.

http://cgi.ebay.de/600Nails-Nail-Art-Ideen-Fingernaegel-mit-Anleitungen_W0QQitemZ5664910496QQcategoryZ45205QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

im not sure this link will work for long.

Thats just not fair-i bet ur sooooo angry!!!those nails are gorgeous too!
Some people eh!!!How to make money by doing naff all!!!
There are some A holes out there!!!!!!!!!
could u buy some just to leave bad feedback for them???
or someone u know?although doubt it'd do much good.
U must b sooooooooo pissed!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Hi Bec,

I can understand how totally enraged you must be. I have seen your work in magazines and thought it was great by the way.

Can you contact the seller via 'ask the seller a question' button and suggest they remove all your images or you will sue them etc?

It makes me feel like contacting the seller and asking them what the hell they think they're doing with nail art that's not theirs. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hope you can get it sorted babe. XX

Hi Everyone,

Some very dissapointing news.....yesterday i was alerted to the fact that an image of my nail art was stolen from my site and appeared on a German ebay site.

My Computer geek sister looked at this german site, translated the language to english and later advised me this site is selling a disk of nail art tutorials. Hence my nail art is on this disk with steps on how to recreate it.

Another image i viewed on this site was nail art i had seen on a Japaneese nail art site. So who knows how much of our work is on this German nail art cd that is being sold on ebay. Apparently many of these CD's are being sold.

I thought you should all know. So please, please, WATERMARK YOUR ARTWORK.
Oh that is horrible, is there anyway you can pdf then to post on your site, i am not a pc genius so maybe get someone who know about licence and rights to images, copyrigt.
Also you need to report those ebay ppl there is a way to report them to ebay as stolen items you must definately stop these people.
shame honey that so sad.

Hun,this is 2 years old!!:hug:

Hi Bec,

I know how you must feel, I had something similar happen to me I used to make little dolls wedding dresses and sell them on Ebay. Someone once bought one from me and started making and selling exactly the same dresses as mine - they even copied my description!! They had taken the pattern straight from ther dress.

From experience Ebay are a bit useless at helping but it is worth contacting them. Also (and sorry but I haven't got the time at minute to find you the exact wording ) but, there is something in the Ebay rules that goes along the lines of :- although you do not have copywright , it still does not mean that the item (in your case your nail art pictures) belong in the public domain (so they shouldn't be able to copy them). Also they do not have your permission.

I quoted this to the person who was copying my dresses and after a few emails back and forth they stopped selling.

Hope this helps. Will keep watching the thread to see how you go. GOOD LUCK

Hun,this is 2 years old!!:hug:

Yep...this post is 2 years old and i should hope by now that bec has got it sorted !!!! :green:

Latest posts

Back