! WARNING ! Ebay user stealing nail art images !!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like what happened to me!
In a step-by-step of 3-d art in Nails magazine, I did a LARGE flower with leaves. The petals were all done separately and added.
I was looking at the Nail Pro magazine, months later, and guess what I saw?
Someone did the same design, separate petals and all!
I wrote to Nails and asked about copy writes or something, since it was my EXACT design, step by step, and I was told that there was nothing that could be done about the "theft"!.
Boy, did that tick me off!
And she used the same exact colors too! She wasn't even creative enough to come up with her own colors!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When you hear the saying "Imitation is the sincerest for of flattery", in these cases, it seems that it should be "Copy someone else if you can't think for yourself"!
In a case like this, watermarks don't mean crap! ...but I'll do it anyway!

Kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Yep...this post is 2 years old and i should hope by now that bec has got it sorted !!!! :green:

Yes 2 years old but still relevant and worth resurrecting again especially now that so many geeks are setting up web sites, why should we leave ourselves open to fraud of this sort?

Yes 2 years old but still relevant and worth resurrecting again especially now that so many geeks are setting up web sites, why should we leave ourselves open to fraud of this sort?

Well said!

I want to design something that will automate the process - e.g. you upload a picture and it's automatically watermarked before it appears on your web site...

Well said!

I want to design something that will automate the process - e.g. you upload a picture and it's automatically watermarked before it appears on your web site...

Yes please Ruth, I'm not the only geek who loves anything that makes computers idiot proof:green::hug:

Yes please Ruth, I'm not the only geek who loves anything that makes computers idiot proof:green::hug:

Excellent! I shall make it so!

*puts geek hat on and works out how to make it work*

Well being a professional you should have watermarked them long time ago. This is the internet. Videos,pictures are uploaded on to many sites without others permission.It happens just dont let it happen to you. :eek:

Excellent! I shall make it so!

*puts geek hat on and works out how to make it work*

yeah ruth, that would be fabarooney hun, and much appreciated xxxx

Well being a professional you should have watermarked them long time ago. This is the internet. Videos,pictures are uploaded on to many sites without others permission.It happens just dont let it happen to you. :eek:

wow how harsh is that?
ive tried to look at this in as many ways as poss, but however i read it it just seems plain rude to me, like your saying its almost her own fault for being stupid enough to trust people ! i'm sure she felt at the time (the thread is rather old but relevant as susie said) that she been too trusting and now does everything in her power to protect her work, but hey, we all make mistakes chick

My website host has an option to watermark pictures for me when uploaded. I only did this on a few pics tho, (i thought it spoilt the look of the picture) but after reading this thread im going to change it to them all!

Thats a bit harsh imo............

wow how harsh is that?
ive tried to look at this in as many ways as poss, but however i read it it just seems plain rude to me, like your saying its almost her own fault for being stupid enough to trust people ! i'm sure she felt at the time (the thread is rather old but relevant as susie said) that she been too trusting and now does everything in her power to protect her work, but hey, we all make mistakes chick

Beat me to it hun, couldn't agree more :hug:

wow talk about cheeky !! the other way to look at it (not that you should) is that you must be very very talented for them to want use your art work..

yeah ruth, that would be fabarooney hun, and much appreciated xxxx

wow how harsh is that?
Sorry if you were offended I didnt mean it like that....what I meant is sortof like I told you so...its the net it happens...people steal peoples pics and pretend to be them ....so stealing your nail pics its not a big deal to me.It happens.

Thats a bit harsh imo............

Beat me to it hun, couldn't agree more :hug:
I am sorry I came off that way...but I did NOT mean to offend anyone:hug:

can i just ask how to you watermark your pics ??

can i just ask how to you watermark your pics ??

I think Seanny did an explanation (there should be a link to it earlier in this thread) - he used IrfanView, which is a free image editor that you can download.

What it usually involves is superimposing some copyright text over the image, in such a way that the image is "marked" with the copyright message, but at the same time it should not detract from the image too much.

Have a look at Judy Archibald - Nail Artist and Nail Creation Team UK Educator for an example of some fairly simple watermarking I applied to Judy's images - I just used Paint Shop Pro to do that.

good news the site has not got the image up its all german to me but it has film cells up and music at the moment seems it might have got through xx

It was 2 years ago!!!

how do you watermark your images?? as Ive some nice stuff that I wont put on sites,purely for this reason of them being used by others :confused: plz let me know how to do this :) xx

how do you watermark your images?? as Ive some nice stuff that I wont put on sites,purely for this reason of them being used by others :confused: plz let me know how to do this :) xx

Try this link: Salon Alchemy - Watermark Images - all you need to do is upload your image, enter some text, select font, size, etc, and click "Submit" and this will magically watermark your image for you. It's a little Java app I put together a few weeks ago to help geeks out with watermarking images :)

Latest posts

Back