Website - Knocking confidence already!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baselrod

Reaction score
:confused:I don't want to bore you but I am steadily getting my website together and am very pleased with it so far.

I just just found a message on the Guest Book "WTF" posted by "WTF" now i think i know what this translates to and am a bit shaken by it? Why would someone do that?? Anyway I've deleted it but wanted to have any thoughts of any posts you receive?

Feel free to check out website and positive criticism taken on board!

Thanks so much
Amanda .x.x.

Its a nice website it will be lovely when its done it looks very proffesional. Just ignore it, it was obviously written by some imature person tryin to get this exact reaction xx

I think your site is lovely. It's probably a troll......you know, one of those faceless, gutless little people who just visit forum and sites to cause trouble.

Personally, I wouldn't have a comments board. That's just me.

Sod 'em all.....that's what I say. Forget it and carry on the good work. xxx

I agree with the others posters - it's a lovely website but ignore anything like that - it's probably a troll - they just seem to surf the net and post anything they can to get a reaction. Don't take it personally.

Does your guest book log the IP address of the poster? If so, and you get any abusive messages, this could trace them back to their ISP, and then the ISP (or the police etc) would be able to take appropriate action. Also how about the ability to "moderate" guestbook posts so you can approve them before they appear on the site?
Posted via Mobile Device

Amanda your website looks really great. Ignore that comment. Good luck.

Andrea x

maybe not have guestbook..there are such sillly people on the internet and just do it for there own fun..
i used to have a guestbook on my site for my other business and it happened often..
so unless you can moniter your guestbook and approve it before it goes live on your site it will happen again

I think you have a really lovely website and can only repeat what has been said, these people musn't have anything better to do to be doing that sort of thing:hug:

Your website is really great. :hug:

Ohh thanks so much everyone.

I have taken the advice and have now removed the Guest book and somewhere along the line will just have a contact me button!

It's great to hear from you all

thank you so much .x.x.

Lovely website. Some people are just plain mean, ignore them.x

Nice looking site; I can get a proper look now that I am back on my laptop as opposed to my phone!

One thing I would recommend doing is resizing the BABTAC logo in something like IrfanView, Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop, as the image you have got is a large one (400 x 400 pixels) and you're getting the browser to size that image to 119 x 119 pixels, but it's coming out looking quite pixellated. Whereas if you resized the image in Paint Shop Pro or whatever (to 119 x 119 pixels), it would look a lot smoother, as then the browser isn't having to try and resize it itself (web browsers are notoriously bad at resizing images).

But everything else is looking really nice!

I can't see the offending guestbook page; I guess you've taken it down?

Hi, i really like your website, it looks upmarket, professional and tasteful not garish (spelling?) at all. Take no notice of the Troll.:hug:

ah babe i wouldnt worry I get them all the time. its just stupid people messing around xxx

it looks a lovely , professional site , and will no doubt be even better when you have finished it x

I think your website is fab.

I must admit when I read it wasn't finished I was expecting something cobbled together but seriously your website is gorgeous, love the background we have wallpaper the same in the salon !

I wish I could of done mine as well as yours but unfortunatly im about as creative as a brick so am having mine re-designed for me.

I would have also said delete the comments book, I don't find them very useful to be honest as the majority say things like, nice site, well done etc.

:confused:I don't want to bore you but I am steadily getting my website together and am very pleased with it so far.

I just just found a message on the Guest Book "WTF" posted by "WTF" now i think i know what this translates to and am a bit shaken by it? Why would someone do that?? Anyway I've deleted it but wanted to have any thoughts of any posts you receive?

Feel free to check out website and positive criticism taken on board!

Thanks so much
Amanda .x.x.

Oh Amanda

the person that has written this comment simply has thier head up thier bottom or something to that effect.

I think it looks fab like the others and sometimes we get some very sick people out there and we have to just switch off from thier comments.

whats that saying again: Sticks and stones may brake my bones but names will never hurt me. Just know that you have the support here when you need it.
:hug:

Love your website hun so clean and crisp!! xx

donlet it worry you hun you have worked hard to be where you are so forget the haters and enjoy. The website is lovely to hun xx

Crikey!

It puts my site to shame! I'd give up beauty treatments and develop a career in websites if I were you!! :green:

And in all seriousness - learn to ignore the haters and don't give them unapproved access to your site.

Best of luck with your business!

J xx

Latest posts

Back