Weight Loss Challenge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I was just sat watching Supernatural scooping out Nutella with my finger I feel unable to make any constructive feedback! Lol.

As I was just sat watching Supernatural scooping out Nutella with my finger I feel unable to make any constructive feedback! Lol.

hahahaha i watched embarrising fat bodies the other night and i was put off food, i was good yesterday and have been so far today, but i'm finding it hard to find nice stuff to have for lunch and tea which is actually healthy and isnt fruit or salad, also i cant eat bread because when i start i just dont stop! x

lol i'm 2 weeks into my diet and i'm still a porky pig! i'm

I find that hard to believe. From your profile pic, you look like you'd have the figure of, well, a Barbie doll. :green:

I find that hard to believe. From your profile pic, you look like you'd have the figure of, well, a Barbie doll. :green:

lol thats so sweet but i wish! thats the mac model, i bet shes like a stick insect... unfair! shes my thinspiration! although shes not working so far... x

just sat here readin these posts eating a big pack of chilli heatwave doritos... someone take it of me!!!!!:eek:

just sat here readin these posts eating a big pack of chilli heatwave doritos... someone take it of me!!!!!:eek:

lol! well i've booked my operation in for 10th august! my family have started up a competition to see who can loose the most weight, i weighed this morning and i was 11.11. i've been really good, apart from last night when i had a cooked banana with LOADS of ice cream smothered all over it haha x

ryt im on a mission startin 2moro morning. 1 and a half stone/2 stone by end of august. can i do it? YES I CAN. i have 2 :D
hows everyone else doing?
does anyone measure them selves in inches?

lol! well i've booked my operation in for 10th august! my family have started up a competition to see who can loose the most weight, i weighed this morning and i was 11.11. i've been really good, apart from last night when i had a cooked banana with LOADS of ice cream smothered all over it haha x

Cooked nana? How do you do that :o x

Bit late joining in on this!;) but I'm in too!
Did Slimming World after first daughter, got to target then after my second I did slimming world by myself at home and got to target, it then went wrong and I've put it all back on:(! Can't believe all my hard work has gone to waste. Went back to slimming world a few weeks ago but have stopped going because it was expensive to pay every time and to drive there, I lost half a stone but haven't been able to get into the right frame of mind.Cake and icecream is always calling me..and there's always an excuse to eat cake;)!I always think oh just one treat is okay, it won't do anything, which it does:( I blame leggings!!!!;)you don't feel them getting tight! Well today enough is enough and today I've been really good!Still following slimming world rules and I've not had one treat.
Come on we can do it!!:)x

I want to join.

Up until April this year I was working at my full time office job and working mobile part time. I was already quite overweight but put on about another 2 stone over the past 2 years when I started going to college in the evening then working mobile.

Hubby bought scales at the beginning of the year and they utterly depressed me.

I stopped working mobile and started cooking proper meals again. Weighed myself on Monday and couldn't believe it. I've lost 8kg!!! How the he'll did that happen? I'd like to loose another 10kg before going on holiday in October. My plan is to cook meals and have smaller portions. I'll have a take away/wine and desserts at the weekend as you need to treat yourself.

On the exercise front we got a Kinect for the xbox at the weekend with EA Sports Active 2. It has a 3 week and 9 week plan. Hubby and I starting with 3 week plan. It's pretty good. Starts off with 20 minute workout and it's pretty tough. Even hubby thought so. We both thought, 20 minutes that's nothing, but it seems to get progressively harder. We went jogging round the park and my run was his fast walk. Embarrassing. I would definitely recommend games on the Kinect. Don't have to worry about a controller or board however, I saw the advert for Wii zumba looks really good.

Oops, sorry for the long post.

I'm in!!

I have no idea what I weigh (we're not allowed scales in my house lol), all I know is that when I'm a size 8-10 I am HOT, and when I'm a large 12 I'm not :-( ! I too have a HUGE wardrobe of gorgeous clothes that I refuse to get rid of and so end up wearing the same 4 outfits all the time haha. Leggings are def to blame, not sure I will ever get a pair of jeans on again!!

I have been sooooo good for 5 weeks; making sure I have my 5 a day so I'm too full to eat crap and low fat soup or sushi for lunch everyday and it has def worked but I'm stuck :-(. I def got down to a small 12 but I'm too scared to try on a roomy 10 in case it doesn't fit and I have to go and cry into the fridge lol.

Me and my mum have been doing Zumba on the wii for 2 weeks and it's amazing! Has us dripping with sweat and shouting abuse at the instructor after 20 minutes lol!

Am def upping the exercise this week to shake it up a bit, fingers crossed! I'm going to try jogging for 10 mins then upping it to 15, 20 etc like someone suggested, I've always wanted to be one of those people who go for an hour run to 'switch off' lol.

Good luck ladies, we can do it! xx

I'm in too :) I lost a stone earlier in the year and was down to 12 stone 4, I can now feel it creeping back up on me. Going to start taking a drink called slim shot that helps burn fat, will keep u posted :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Cheznails I've seen slim shot advertised and was wondering if it was any good; have you used it before? x

I haven't tried them before hun but have read some reviews and most are good, we never know until we try lol. I will get them off my mom the weekend and let u know. I hope they work anyway :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Hi I couple of things that worked for me, swap your normal food plate for a smaller one so it's a smaller portion but your still eating what u want, swap bread for pitta bread, and cut down cheeses and alcohol, if you cut everything out the chances are you won't stick to it so allow the odd thing but in smaller sizes or low fat options, good luck :)xx

hey girls!!! hows everyone doing?? any weight loss? any giver upers?? lol. I have been doing it seriously for 11 days and i have lost 8 pounds!!!! shows how much weight i had to lose haha. i've been eating really healthy, no treats as i have no will power and if i eat foods i like i'll never stop! i've also been doing alot of walking and my mr motivator all new BLT work out dvd which is fab. i'm 11st 3 at the moment so still a stone to loose but getting there! :D

I'm another late comer but would love to join this thread. I posted something recently about trying to lose weight whilst living with hypothyroidism. It sucks to say the least. I went from 9st 3lbs pre-thyroid breaking to shooting up to 11st 7lbs. I lost the first 7lbs but it took ages and now I vary between 10st 10lb and 11st. I'd like to be 9st 7lb again but my first goal is 10 9. It's not a lot I know but I need my goals small otherwise I get freaked out-lol!! I want to be down to somewhere between my ultimate goal and 10st by december. My plan is no cups of tea as it's a habit to have 6 biscuits with it and some form of exercise 3-4 days a week (I walk my dog most days too). Good luck ladies.....let's do it ;-). PGxxx. Oh, my first day is Monday!

I'm another late comer but would love to join this thread. I posted something recently about trying to lose weight whilst living with hypothyroidism. It sucks to say the least. I went from 9st 3lbs pre-thyroid breaking to shooting up to 11st 7lbs. I lost the first 7lbs but it took ages and now I vary between 10st 10lb and 11st. I'd like to be 9st 7lb again but my first goal is 10 9. It's not a lot I know but I need my goals small otherwise I get freaked out-lol!! I want to be down to somewhere between my ultimate goal and 10st by december. My plan is no cups of tea as it's a habit to have 6 biscuits with it and some form of exercise 3-4 days a week (I walk my dog most days too). Good luck ladies.....let's do it ;-). PGxxx. Oh, my first day is Monday!

its good to have little goals!! i stupidly said at the beginning 'my goal is 10st!!! and i was 12 stone to begin with, i'd wake up osme mornings like ...i can do this! then the enxt day id b like 2stone.... i'll never loose that! and then i'd stuff my face with food. at the moment my first goal is 10.13, i'm 11.02 at the moment so only 3 pounds to go, and i'm hoping to reach that next week. then my next goal is 10.06 and i want to reach that by 1st august. cutting out tea is def a big thing, i had to cut out hot chocolate and horlicks and swopped it for green tea, you cant dunk biscuits in green tea :( def not the same as dunking them in a nice hot milky drink. also i cut out coke zero, i lived on coke zero but it was wrecking my teeth, so i swopped that for no added sugar orange squash, but then i drank so much of that it made my teeth really sensitive so plain old water it is!!! haaa x

its good to have little goals!! i stupidly said at the beginning 'my goal is 10st!!! and i was 12 stone to begin with, i'd wake up osme mornings like ...i can do this! then the enxt day id b like 2stone.... i'll never loose that! and then i'd stuff my face with food. at the moment my first goal is 10.13, i'm 11.02 at the moment so only 3 pounds to go, and i'm hoping to reach that next week. then my next goal is 10.06 and i want to reach that by 1st august. cutting out tea is def a big thing, i had to cut out hot chocolate and horlicks and swopped it for green tea, you cant dunk biscuits in green tea :( def not the same as dunking them in a nice hot milky drink. also i cut out coke zero, i lived on coke zero but it was wrecking my teeth, so i swopped that for no added sugar orange squash, but then i drank so much of that it made my teeth really sensitive so plain old water it is!!! haaa x

Im the same-sometimes I feel like I can lose the weight no bother other days it seems impossible!! Lol-green tea is not for dunking-gross. Maybe I should try that. I drink a lot of water anyway but its so dull :). Good luck with your goal-I'll keep cheering you along!! PGx

Oh meant to say-I'm weighing and measuring tomorrow to give myself a starting point. Argh!!!

Latest posts

Back