Weight Loss Challenge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done 8.5lb in 3 weeks, but last week I gained 1.5 :(
but back on it this week, exercise is defo helping,
and on the days I can't get to the gym I have been doing Gillian michaels 30 day shred, it's amazing and only 20mins a day
Now who can't spare 20mins out of there day?!
Xxx

I've done 8.5lb in 3 weeks, but last week I gained 1.5 :(
but back on it this week, exercise is defo helping,
and on the days I can't get to the gym I have been doing Gillian michaels 30 day shred, it's amazing and only 20mins a day
Now who can't spare 20mins out of there day?!
Xxx

That's brilliant-well done you! So are you exercising everyday then? I love Jillian Michaels on biggest loser-I'd soon be skinny if she was as tough on me. What does her DVD do-is it cardio and weights?? Might look into it. Keep up your fab work-its obviously paying off :). PGx

I'm another late comer but would love to join this thread. I posted something recently about trying to lose weight whilst living with hypothyroidism. It sucks to say the least. I went from 9st 3lbs pre-thyroid breaking to shooting up to 11st 7lbs. I lost the first 7lbs but it took ages and now I vary between 10st 10lb and 11st. I'd like to be 9st 7lb again but my first goal is 10 9. It's not a lot I know but I need my goals small otherwise I get freaked out-lol!! I want to be down to somewhere between my ultimate goal and 10st by december. My plan is no cups of tea as it's a habit to have 6 biscuits with it and some form of exercise 3-4 days a week (I walk my dog most days too). Good luck ladies.....let's do it ;-). PGxxx. Oh, my first day is Monday!

Hi,
I too am dealing with Hypothyroidism................Ooooh it really sucks. The meds give me such an appetite. So on piles the weight.
So I am in!!! This thread just may get me started........ tomorrow!!!!
x x x x

Dolly, I've just read through this entire post and some of your comments are so so funny .. loved the bit where you said Mr Motivator was going in the bin .. stupid idiot.

The human body is so amazing but it has a major flaw - if it's so important to our health and well-being to be the right weight why is there not an automatic flick switch in our brains that kicks into action and allows us to have the mind set required to eat the right things until we get back to the weight we are supposed to be???????

This proves that God, sadly, is definately a man!!!

Anyway girls, keep going! Fall off the wagon today and get back on tomorrow. One day at a time. After you have fallen off the wagon and got back on again many many times eventually you won't fall off. Bit like riding a bike, you get on you fall off you get on you fall off .. but then one day you are on the bike and riding!!!

Big love to you all

Jacqui xx

Dolly, I've just read through this entire post and some of your comments are so so funny .. loved the bit where you said Mr Motivator was going in the bin .. stupid idiot.

me and mr motivator have a love hate relationship, he is the only dvd that i feel does anything and works me hard, but god he annoys me! i've got to the stage where i grit my teeth when i'm doing his dvd, if i was there on the set with him i would def be throwing my bottle of water at his fat head!

You are surely too young to remember Mr Motivator ... is it the one I am thinking of, black man with tight lycra? Used to be on a morning programme every day?

Anyway, you're doing really well so far, 12 stone down to 11st 3lbs.

Good girl, keep going.

Jacqui xx

You are surely too young to remember Mr Motivator ... is it the one I am thinking of, black man with tight lycra? Used to be on a morning programme every day?

Anyway, you're doing really well so far, 12 stone down to 11st 3lbs.

Good girl, keep going.

Jacqui xx

yeeeep thats the mr motivator! we had a black boy in our class in primary school and he used to do impressions of him all the time in our PE lessons. and then he returned on GMTV about 2 years ago to do a bikini boot camp, and then one of the women at weight watchers said about his dvd i was like oooo i'll try that!
thanks :D i'm trying really hard but i think i'm going to have something fattening whilst i watch tv because i'm overly tired from work and i feel like being a pig! x

Argh! Ok, weighed in the morning and my starting weight is 11st 1.5lb. My first goal is to lose the 11s so anything under 11. I'm going to measure myself tonight. Here goes!! Good luck for this week ladies :). PGx

Argh! Ok, weighed in the morning and my starting weight is 11st 1.5lb. My first goal is to lose the 11s so anything under 11. I'm going to measure myself tonight. Here goes!! Good luck for this week ladies :). PGx

good luck!!! thats my goal too, get out of the 11's!!! we can do it!!! i didnt measure though, i took picture of myself in my bra and pants when i was 12st, and when i'm down to 11st i'm going to take another in the same bra and pants in the same spot again, and then the same for 10st 7 and the same for 10st :D x

good luck!!! thats my goal too, get out of the 11's!!! we can do it!!! i didnt measure though, i took picture of myself in my bra and pants when i was 12st, and when i'm down to 11st i'm going to take another in the same bra and pants in the same spot again, and then the same for 10st 7 and the same for 10st :D x

Thanks!! That's a good idea with the pics tho at the moment I'm too scared that I'll look like a pig in pants so maybe I'll just measure-lol! Have a good week :). X

Hi girls I haven't weighed myself since the start of my slimshots but my jeans are a bit baggy and my belly seems flatter will weigh on Wednesday and let u girls know.:)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I've gave myself a year to lose over 3 stone or failing that at least get back down to a 10/12 for my wedding next year.

6 weeks in so far and 6lbs lost :)

Xxx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Argh girls I seriously fell off the wagon this week! I had such good intentions, not having any treats all week so I could have a few drinks on my boyfriend's birthday but ended up on an absolute mad one and drank double my body weight in vodka lol. The next day all we wanted was a pizza delivery and since then you name it, I've eaten it! Someone please tell me to step away from the fridge!!

Argh girls I seriously fell off the wagon this week! I had such good intentions, not having any treats all week so I could have a few drinks on my boyfriend's birthday but ended up on an absolute mad one and drank double my body weight in vodka lol. The next day all we wanted was a pizza delivery and since then you name it, I've eaten it! Someone please tell me to step away from the fridge!!

I wish I could be all righteous but tbh this is the worst week I've had for a while too!! Excuse me if this is too much info but on the week I'm due "the ladies" I eat whatever is not nailed down!! Could this be what happened to you? It's really hard to avoid junk when youre hungover-I mean an apple and some grapes really don't cut it the same way a pizza or Chinese does (my personal fave!). I'm drawing a line under this week and working from Monday onwards. Best of luck Gemster and our fellow WLGs!! PGx

Hi all just saw this thread and thought i'd add my bit ..... ive lost just over 2st got to my target last Nov ( with Slimming World :D ) like many, probably all if we are honest, i've tried every diet under the sun from the atkins to WW to the south beach, all failed. originally i joined Slimming World 12yrs ago when i realised that my wedding was approaching and i'd gained weight since buying my wedding dress :o, i then lost 1 1/2 st by Aug 2000 and was thrilled untill yes youve guessed it i went on to have 2 more children.
After my youngest was born almost 9 yrs ago i just never really lost the weight and never did much to do so. I tried all the various diets and never stuck them for long. I then started running ( don't ask me why because i still don't know the answer to it ) and i'd like to say that it changed my life forever but ..... it didn't life isn't that easy. I have been back and fore Slimming World and WW and all the others. The one thing that has almost been a constant is attending fitness classes. I go to Body Combat and Body Pump classes and now after years of persevering i am now able to run 3 miles in one go in about 30mins and have run in the Race for Life for the last few yrs.
I than took the bull by the horns a yr last Oct and went back to Slimming World, mainly because i was fed up being depressed about my weight, and with the 100% support from my hubby and 3 children I went for it. It took me over a yr to do it, because i do like a drink and didnt deny myself one or a take away if we fancied it.
But I'm now at target and soo pleased with myself ..... though i must say it is a struggle to stay there I no longer beat myself up about it if i do gain a pound or two cause i know now how to shift it and can do so easily.

So good luck girls i know you can do it if you really want to ..... just a tip for you tho buy a pound of butter and keep it in the fridge every time you think 'oh it's just a pound loss' have a look at that every pound is a major achievement and its a pound in the right directions..

really sorry for the long post hope i havent bored you all lol :o

Sian xx

[/QUOTE]So good luck girls i know you can do it if you really want to ..... just a tip for you tho buy a pound of butter and keep it in the fridge every time you think 'oh it's just a pound loss' have a look at that every pound is a major achievement and its a pound in the right directions..

Sian xx[/QUOTE]
This is a brilliant idea, thanks for that! It's so easy to dismiss losing or putting on a pound-be nice to see and feel what a pound actually is. Well done for your weight loss to, that's fantastic :). I'm like you in that I don't have a time limit-I want to live my life and lose weight. I've given up my life to lose weight before and it's far from fun! Thanks for posting-you've got me in the right frame of mind to get started tomorrow. PGx

i love the idea with the butter, but i'll have to use something else or i'll eat it! haha. i'm 11st 2 still, i put on some weight at the beginning of the week but have got it back off. 3 weeks till my op and i want to be atleast 10st 9. come on!!!! hope all you other geeks are doing well :D xx

i love the idea with the butter, but i'll have to use something else or i'll eat it! haha. i'm 11st 2 still, i put on some weight at the beginning of the week but have got it back off. 3 weeks till my op and i want to be atleast 10st 9. come on!!!! hope all you other geeks are doing well :D xx

What about lard? Or will you end up making pastry? Lol.

I am knackered!!!!!!!!!!!

Been working out on the xbox Kinect. Feel like I've just done a body attack class at the gym.

I lost 2kg this week. Think that's down to change in what I'm eating. I've cut out rice, pasta and potatoes and having a salad with every evening meal.

I feel very positive with my change in food(not saying diet) and feel I'll stick to it. Biggest contributing factor is total support from hubby. He's right here along with me. 

Latest posts

Back