What disgusting habits did you have as a child?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxed

Reaction score
I remember taking a liking to lipsticks....

For some reason I used to eat them especially red ones they were my favourite.

I was addicted to drinking chocolate and used to go round to my sisters and eat it off the spoon.:eek: I'm talking loads of it no wonder I get a headache now if I drink it lol

Angela

garden worms, yum yum !!!

Oh gawd, can't believe I'm sharing this..... I loved to push my nail along the hard animal lard (dripping) in the chip pot to make a little track!!!!!!

My parents used to scream at me (if they caught me, lol!)

I once picked up chewing gum off the road and chewed it - eeww, eeww, eew! Why the hell did i do that FFS! I can still remember the grittiness of it eeeeewww:Scared::Scared:
My parents would not let me have chewing gum you see, they thought it was bad for my teeth - crikey - I could of got any kind of disease because of their strictness!!!!

It never became a habit though, just something I did once & will never forget it eeeew!

I can't believe I've told y'all that on 'live t'internet'!

Oh gawd, can't believe I'm sharing this..... I loved to push my nail along the hard animal lard (dripping) in the chip pot to make a little track!!!!!!

My parents used to scream at me (if they caught me, lol!)

I had a similar trick.... in the frying pan that had been used for frying eggs the lard would set and leave little bubbles .... and I used to enjoy smoothing them out with my grubby little fingers.... I remember getting a clip around the ear when my mum saw me doing it once .... :smack:

I was an absolute terror when I was a kid. Did things like putting salt in Auntie Gladys's tea and throwing her curlers out so they landed on top of the porch (even though I really liked Auntie Gladys lol)...

I used to pick the little bits of wood from out the wood chip wallpaper my mum and dad had on ever wall of our house...of course this also meant the paint came off too so left a kind of patchy effect...:lol:

I also hated my mums cooking so i would ask to take my dinner upstairs...then bag it and throw it out my bedroom window onto next doors shed roof....till one day my mum noticed all these bags and hooked one off with a broom and realised what i had been doing....she called the emergency doctor cos she thought i had a eating disorder...i had to tell her the truth then.

I dont smoke and never have but all my family do...I remember going outside and picking Tab ends up of the street and pretending to smoke them Yuk Yuk

We used to have a little mini dad loved them, it had a little fire exstinguisher at the back. I once pulled the pin out of it and sprayed dad whilst he was driving it was a foam one and it was all over him.

How dangerous was that but as a child you think its so funny (although it was)

Angela

Last edited:
I used to go around the house and peel back the wallpaper that had been so neatly cut to go around the end of the windowsills:green:

oh, and the bathrooms curtains were black and white check towelling (well it was the 60s) and it was so convenient to wipe my face on them when I'd cleaned my teeth:eek:

Smoking and Biting my nails.... at the same time :lol:

I used to go around the house and peel back the wallpaper that had been so neatly cut to go around the end of the windowsills:green:

That is EVIL!!!

I know - I am super mega fussy when it comes to papering around window sills!!! Bad enough when a Cat scratches the wallpaper!!!

My first long term boyfriend and I used to share Opal Fruits, we'd swap half way through chewing them:eek: Funny that I went on to be utterly squeamish. If someone keeps touching their face for instance and then handles food they are serving I cant eat and I would rather give my sandwich away than let some one take a bite! :lol:

When i was about 3 or 4, i used to get a bowl and desert spoon from kitchen and take them outside into a big hole in the garden, fill up my bowl with muck from garden and eat it....
how gross is that.... my mam even has a picyure of me doing it....:lol:

Dare I say this, I was a severe nail biter :eek::eek::eek::eek:

That and also having sugar pieces(Scottish geeks will get that), no wonder I have to have 3 sugars in my tea and coffee now :eek:

I used to eat chewits with the wrapper still on (don't know why) I will try think of something worse cos that was lame haha

My best friend used to always eat sugar sandwiches or treacle sandwiches eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww

I used to eat chewits with the wrapper still on (don't know why) I will try think of something worse cos that was lame haha

My best friend used to always eat sugar sandwiches or treacle sandwiches eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww

Ha Ha you just reminded me, i used to eat sugar sandwiches as well.....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sugar as well as mash potato sandwiches were just the best..yum yum yum.

The worst thing I probably did as a child was ..after a fight with my BIG brother as well as constant thumps from him was climbing a tree outside the front door..when he came home from school I took a pee over him....

OK absolutely disgusting but "boys will be boys" and he deserved every last drop.

My revenge of course didn't last long as I had to come down from the tree at some point in my life when I was sure to get a leathering from him.:eek:

The strange thing was that my brother went bald at quiet an early age...wonder if this was connected to this issue :lol::lol::lol:

Revenge is so so sweet :hug:

Last edited:
Dare I say this, I was a severe nail biter :eek::eek::eek::eek:

That and also having sugar pieces(Scottish geeks will get that), no wonder I have to have 3 sugars in my tea and coffee now :eek:

That was a popular lunch in Holland when I was a child, rich dark sugar, either that or chocolate sprinkles. :lol:

I just discovered a dutch online food shop here and was thinking I would introduce my boys to that treat, not very 'correct' these days but yum!!

I used to bite chunks out of the butter in the fridge ......... now i can't stand the stuff and gag every morning when i make toast /crumps etc for my lil man :eek:

I also had a gold fish under the bed in a tupperwear bowl and used to put him in the bath for a swim when mum was out,i was about 11 so i don't imagine i washed the bath out afterwards ...... mum still doesn't know about that ! he he he

Latest posts

Back