Anyone had a brazilian?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachybaby

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am thinking of getting a brazilian done but am scared! Does it hurt? Is it red for days after? Im off on hol! Can anyone reccomend a waxing salon in Warrington/Manchester?

Ta much

Ive had one, its not much worse than a regular bikini wax.. a lot depends on the tech. As long as she keeps the skin taut youre ok. I didnt find the pain lasted any longer than usual, tender for the rest of the day, but ok after that.

Try two glasses of wine and a couple of nurofen about half an hour before - dutch courage and pain killers! Works for me every time! But then again I'm a big baby and would cry at a fractured eyelash!

Once the initial tenderness settles down, and it doesn't take long (hours not days), I love it! It feels very fresh, and clean and last for ages.

NO THANK YOOOOOOOOOOOU!!
I had my legs waxed once.... only the once. Then, some years later, I thought it would be a good idea to get those new home waxing strips from Veet and attemted my armpits!! Well I did one and couldnt put my arm down by my side for 3 days!!
Shaved or removal cream ever since.

YOWZERS!!:eek: :cry:

a brazilian is fine, sore for maybe half an hour, but Hollywood, no way, had it done once and never again. I actually cried with the pain, but then I have very thick hair. Felt like a plucked chicken afterwards and saw bits I hadn't seen for years lol! didn't like it one bit.

You guys all have so many different names for the brazilian wax. Here, you either have a regular bikini wax (anything outside the pantyline) or a brazilian wax....(everything off, back and front, although some leave a strip on the pubis mons, we still consider this a braz wax).

As for pain, the more skilled your technician is, the quicker and less painful it should be. 80% of my clientele is here to see me for brazilian waxes. Once they have one, they never go back to shaving again. I've had it done many times, and I'm slightly red for an hour or so, but very little tenderness.

lOVE EM. Make sure you go to someone experienced. Will be tender for a few hours.

I do my own coz I have so many students who work in salons & I don't like the idea of them seeing me in "that" positon! Very hard to have any authority in the training room after that!!! :lol: It is painful at first & you may get bleeding but after a few times of doing it, it's really easy & you'll love the feeling of cleanliness.

omg! I'd be too embarrassed :o Got stretchmarks down there and all sorts! Is that a contra-indication?? (just incase I ever do pluck up the courage) wouldn't want to get there only to find it cant be done anyway!

Its not the pain that worries me, its the thought of my flab etc all on show, wont even let hubby see with the lights on lol

Just make sure the therapist uses the correct type of wax, normal warm strip wax will be very painful!:eek:
I only use hot axulene wax. There are no strips as the wax is applied in smaller thicker patches and goes non tacky so it can be removed.
It doesn't stick to the skin, but the hair is caught, so no pulling the skin or bruising of sensitive areas.
I sure hope the sugeon & anaesthetist were impressed with my waxing skills when I was sterilised a couple of years ago, I did a very neat Brazillian rather than be shaved!
Have an indepth chat with the therapist to find out which system she uses.
Hope this helps hun.:hug:
Bye the way Brazillian is leaving a 'landing strip', Hollywood or Playboy is all off.

pinkmummy said:
Just make sure the therapist uses the correct type of wax, normal warm strip wax will be very painful!:eek:
I only use hot axulene wax. There are no strips as the wax is applied in smaller thicker patches and goes non tacky so it can be removed.
It doesn't stick to the skin, but the hair is caught, so no pulling the skin or bruising of sensitive areas.
I sure hope the sugeon & anaesthetist were impressed with my waxing skills when I was sterilised a couple of years ago, I did a very neat Brazillian rather than be shaved!
Bye the way Brazillian is leaving a 'landing strip', Hollywood or Playboy is all off.

Hi Odette,

I don't necessarily agree with you.

I found that when I had a a brazilian done with hot wax I was in agony. It was the most awful experience of my life.

However, having it done with strip wax, especially strip sugar, it was FAR LESS painful.

I think a lot of it depends on the experience of the tech. As previously mentioned, the key is to be quick and keep the skin taught. This makes a huge difference.

River

can someone run down the proceedure....is it just ...up on the bed whip ur unders off and away she goes?? or is ur modesty covered in anyway, i also dont have issues with the pain, but the thought of someone looking there makes me nervous..haha, i even freaked out at a spray tan....

Can anyone recommend a really experienced Brazillian Waxer in the West Yorkshire area, I need to recommend a therapist to one of my clients

wendyrose said:
can someone run down the proceedure....is it just ...up on the bed whip ur unders off and away she goes?? or is ur modesty covered in anyway, i also dont have issues with the pain, but the thought of someone looking there makes me nervous..haha, i even freaked out at a spray tan....

For a brazilian you will either keep on your own undies (which will be tied at the top to bring them in, into the shape of a landing strip) or they will give you a pair of disposable undies. It's worth while wearing some old undies just in case they get some wax on.

Depending on how you feel, your modesty will be covered, but you need to remember that due to the nature of the wax that you are having, the therapist will need to get into some of the "nooks and crannies" so she will see some bits.

Please don't feel embarassed ! I do this all the time and it's just another part of the body. If I'm honest with you, I don't even "see" it anymore. I just do what I need to do, get it done quickly so it's less painful and the client doesn't have to lie there for hours on end and think nothing more of it.

River

yeah....sounding a little better now, i just had no idea wat to do, knowin me id drop em and jump up on the bed and give the poor girl a shock, also...how do u know if the waxer is good or not...what questions do i ask, im goin to malta in august for my sis's wedding and i want to get it done...

pinkmummy said:

I do not agree with this statement either. It doesn't matter what type of wax you use, it is how skilled the technician is that matters.

As far as what to expect. When my clients come to me, I instruct them to completely undress from the waste down. I leave a towel to cover up with. When I start the procedure I remove the towel. Leaving your undies or towel on while waxing only hinders the procedure.

I have seen every shape, size, mole, birthmark, stretcmark, tampon, etc you can imagine. I have had clients that were 90lbs up to 300lbs, so you don't need to worry about being embarrased. We are professionals and would treat you in such a manner.

I love mine!

Feels so much better and cleaner!

I had one when I went in to hospital and it really wasn't that bad. I actually found it quite theraputic!! The therapist was great and kept me laughing and chatting . x

I have had all of the procedures done ...as far as the pain....it's not that bad...I prefer to have a hollywood done . Since moving I havn't been able to find anyone here so I've taken to doing my own....only a pain when you try and get the ' nooks and crannies' yourself! But I feel as the previous girls have said cleaner and fresher.....when I did go to my lady she was very proffesional and never made me feel like she was staring at my " bits" she was very good ...in and out of the room in 20 min....

Latest posts

Back