Children...how many do you have?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 children a daughter aged 19 and a son who will be 13 next month dont know where the years go :)

I have 2 daughters,
Youngest is 10 in a few weeks, and my eldest is 13 in a few months :eek:
(so I suppose I could have said they are aged 9 and 12 lol)

Bit strange when I only feel 16 myself :green:

I have just the one at the moment, he is 9 weeks old today !

I would like another two although think I will leave it a few years yet, still not organised with just one.

I can 'understand' why some people do question only having one child but that is only because i am an only child myself, I mostly hate not having any brothers or sisters but then it does also have its advantages. My mum was 40 when she had me and when they tried a few years later it resulted in a miscarriage quite far down the line :cry: so it wasn't an option after that.

It did affect me quite a lot not having any siblings, I used to hate going on family holidays as I had no-one to play with until I made friends, in the school holidays I would get bored stiff on the days I didn't have friends to play with. My boyfriend thinks I also have a big problem with sharing things (which i do) I remember I was going out with this guy years ago (also only child) and remembered thinking if we had kids they wouldn't have any cousins or aunties/uncles, that scared me !

God I will have to get the violins out now ! That said I do know other people that have no bro/sis and they are very close to their parents but im not so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I have 5 boys, twins aged 16 and then singles age 14, 12 and 7. If I had a pound for every 5 a side team quip I have heard I would be rich! :rolleyes::lol:

i've got 2 perfect girls, one 29 next month and the other 26, who has a 5 month old lovely gorgeous baby girl.

I've got four children with well spread out ages, my daughter 33 and three sons 27, 11 and 9, they all became uncles last year when my daughter had a gorgeous baby girl now 9months old..xx

I have a daughter of 31 who gave us a beautiful granddaughter last year and a son of 27. He's still living at home at the mo, moved out once but couldn't afford it, so I still have smelly football kit to wash!! :lol::lol:

I have two boys, 21 and 23. Boy, the time sure has flown! :eek: I still feel like I'm in my 20's (tho, I don't look it)...

I also have a 3 year old grandson who feels just like mine, except w/o all the labor/delivery/stretch marks, etc. LOL! He is literally the light of my life! :)

I have 2 children my son Luke is 17 and a good lad, my daughter Paige is 10 & so beautiful but bloody hell she is hard work so much more demanding than my son was. I am told that girls are much harder to raise than boys ??? What are your opinions?

I have 5 boys, twins aged 16 and then singles age 14, 12 and 7. If I had a pound for every 5 a side team quip I have heard I would be rich! :rolleyes::lol:
You and me both :lol:

I also have 5 boys 27, 24. 20, 10 and 7 - I wouldn't be without any of them and Angie (Bagpuss) you are right - I always got the "ooo you must be disappointed that you didn't get a boy!"

I'm new on here but this thread is so topical to me at the moment so I felt I had to write something.
I have one daughter who is 2 and a half and I get asked literally everyday by someone or other when I will have another one! Everyone is shocked when I say I don't want any more , or I want to wait until she's a lot older. The attitude that comes across is that your not a really mummy until you have 2...but I like having one, having 2 would drive me round the bend!

I'm new on here but this thread is so topical to me at the moment so I felt I had to write something....
but I like having one, having 2 would drive me round the bend!

This is a big issue for me at the moment too!! Ive got a gorgeous little girl whos just turned 3 last weekend. I love her so much - she's my world and we're hoping to add to our family soon (heehee!!). However, that said, I do wonder how we're going to manage - if my little girl wakes up in the night, which isnt often, I wonder if can go through all that no sleep again!!

xxxx

Hiya

I've got 3! I've got a boy 11 and a girl 9 and vowed I'd never have anymore...... then my husband passed away and a few years later I met my gorgeous fella and now we have a bubbly 9 month old baby....... what a shock to the system that was... forgot how hard work they are when their little and how you can manage on very little sleep per night, :zzz: ha ha! Although with all that said I wouldn't be without any of them, they keep me busy lol!!:lol:

Ang
xx

I've got 2 gorgeous girls, Emily who is 6 (going on 12) & Isabella who is 4 (going on 16!!)

I always knew that I didn't want an only child & am happy with my 2 girls. I'm glad I had a girl 1st though as when pregnent with Isabella I really didn't mind what I had as 1 of each would be nice but then it's nice to have sisters.

Defo wouldn't have wanted any more children with their dad but now we're not together anymore I'm not sure whether I would like more or not. Sometimes I think yes but then other times, like when they're being awkward little sh*ts, I think not lol

Ive got 4 teenagers, 2 girls & 2 boys.....

Free to a good home !!!

I'm new on here but this thread is so topical to me at the moment so I felt I had to write something.
I have one daughter who is 2 and a half and I get asked literally everyday by someone or other when I will have another one! Everyone is shocked when I say I don't want any more , or I want to wait until she's a lot older. The attitude that comes across is that your not a really mummy until you have 2...but I like having one, having 2 would drive me round the bend!

I'm glad i'm not on my own here :lol:
I know what you mean about the attitude you get from people. I know people who just breed kids like it's going out of fashion just to get more money from the social. Sorry but I just couldn't do that! I prefer to pay for them myself.
I haven't got any help apart from my boyfriend which I have to say is really great.
I just couldnt afford to do it even if I wanted to. People will say to me 'but you will get by, everyone does' WELL I dont want to just 'get by' and i'm not everyone. God it's so annoying! :mad: xxx

I've got 3, two boys and a girl.....bloody nightmare the lot of them but I love them all.....ok so I kept on breeding but I pay for them all myself!!!!!

If I had my time again I would stick at 1 but I won't have my time again so am stuck lol!

I have three children. Two daughters aged 24 and 19 and my son aged 5. I am definitely not having any more of my own, but my two daughters are both expecting, one due in September and the other due in November and as they both live at home there will be more pitta patta of tiny feet soon enough :eek: :eek:

Hi I have 2 boys aged 3 and 4, I am now due to have my 3rd baby in October. Didn't plan to have a 3rd but sometimes things just happen and I am now over the moon and excited. I love my family and wouldn't change it for the world but it is hard work. On the other hand I was an only child and I have to say people often ask if I miss not having any siblings and my answer is always no. I had a great childhood and was very sociable and do not feel like I have missed out. If you are happy then your child will be, don't worry about what other people say x

I am very lucky to have 2 kids, I lost a baby and that was awful. I regard myself as very lucky my kids are now 18 and almost 12.

This must be so sensitive to some.:hug::hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back