do you get clients because of who you trained with ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i havent had any one seek me out because of my choice of products,

but i know that if they leave me they will search out a creative technician!!!!!

I would defiantly say yes one of my clients had a table across from me at a Craft and Beauty Fair, she was watching me setting up and when she saw the Creative Logo she came across and asked if she could make an appointment as she loved Creative and found it very difficult to fine a Tech who was trained and used Creatives products.:hug:

I would defiantly say yes one of my clients had a table across from me at a Craft and Beauty Fair, she was watching me setting up and when she saw the Creative Logo she came across and asked if she could make an appointment as she loved Creative and found it very difficult to fine a Tech who was trained and used Creatives products.:hug:

Does she live on another planet to ours then??? :lol: Can't have looked very hard can she?

So far all my clients have been word of mouth through one channel or another. None of which were educated enough to Know one product from another....however it's only takes one appointment to win them over and soon enough they're are rattling off all the products to their Friends.
Great for retail!!!

But I have had experiences when I've been out on the town, a girl has spotted my nails and begun talking about their friends who had "acrylics" put on. I would ask "....were they Liquid and Powder, Gel, Silk Wraps etc....?"
And on that note the conversation ends. They haven't the foggiest idea.

Such a shame ............ so if they don't know what kind of product is being used, they certainly ain't going know about what company.

These are people who have never had their nails done (I might add...) and only seen their Friends having it done.

I think that the regular clients that we have , get more time with us to talk about the products and what is available. So in my experience YES once they have been introduced to them, they never look back.

Bit long winded? SOZ!!!:)

In my experience, clients have very little knowledge of nail companies. Some of them don't even know if they are wearing acrylic, gel or fibreglass nails!!:lol:

The majority of my new customers are by recommendation from my existing clients.

No one has ever asked me about what nail products I use. The only thing they do seem to know about is the brand of polishes.

No never ever been asked who i trained with or what products i use? To be honest i have never been asked if i am trained???? thats scary really cos i bet there are thousands of uneducated clients going to anyone who could not be trained?

Most of my cleints come to me through recomendations from other techs and clients.

Amanda

I get asked quite often by out of towners if i use Creative .... I don't, .. but i win them over with sheer charm (or baffle them with my garbage), then my work speaks for itself.:)

Does she live on another planet to ours then??? :lol: Can't have looked very hard can she?
The closest Creative Tech is 45 miles away from me and she had just come home from living in Oman where she had a girl do her nails and she was Creative Trained.
So where I live is a bit like being on another Planet:lol:

no, i must admit i have never been asked who i have trained with
i have clients who will phone and just ask if i do gel or acrylic,

Ive only had one person come into the salon because i use Creative ( with thanks to the window sticker :) ) Most of the clients of never heard of it or don't care. Actually thats not strictly true some have heard of creative enhancements but not the mani/pedi range.

At the previous salon I worked in they stocked Jessica & at least 50% off the clients had heard of them & many of them came because of that range.

Ive never had anyone ask which company i trained with either.

I find word of mouth helps me get clients, but my main thing is my website to be honest.

I rarely get asked what i use, but i have had a couple who specifically asked me if i use EZ Flow, which i again rarely get asked. At the end of the day, its happy clients who tell others about me which gets me more business.

Yep--I'm on CND's salon-finder and get calls occasionally because apparently I'm the only CND tech for miles around! But most of my clients have come from referals. I'll tell you what, though--they all know what they've got on their nails!! :D

I haven't run into this situation at all. But what I find comical is people here in Maryland think OPI is tops. Well I have used Creative since I graduated from school in 1991. But on all the nail tech sites I have been to there are more people using Creative than OPI. Now I do like OPI's polish and Spa Manicure but everything else is Creative for me. I'd like to find out how to become Creative Nail certified.

thanks for all your replys......
It's pretty much the same were I live the general public don't really care :irked:

but there are the hand full that know certain brands have a good reputation:green:

Its just a shame the technicians using that brand don't do it to the full

potential of the products :rolleyes: :eek:

My own experience is that someone asking for a specific product is a rarity. The skill of the tech. is another matter. If you are good at what you do, your Clients like you and you act professionally the clients will come (In my opinion, well actually in my experience as well).

I have absolutely no idea what brand of colour my hairdresser puts on my hair, or where they were trained. If the end result is good, then I will follow them from Salon to Salon. If it is not, then I change hairdresser until I find one who suits me, and if we are all honest most of us do the same.

Most lone techs do business by word of mouth (ie recommendation). If whatever product they are using suits them and they are happy with it, great - but it is my belief that it is primarily the combination of skill and personality that makes clients come back for more.

Most lone techs do business by word of mouth (ie recommendation). If whatever product they are using suits them and they are happy with it, great - but it is my belief that it is primarily the combination of skill and personality that makes clients come back for more.[/QUOTE]

i am in agreement with this,

IT AINT [just] WHAT YOU USE, ITS THEY WAY THAT YOU USE IT:lol:

Yes! Calgel are great for giving my business a boost with new clients . Thanks Calgel!

With the amount of Great PR that Creative get with Fashion Week and so many A list clients using the brand, more and more people are asking for it by name in the salons ... in fact demanding it.

I think there are now 3 major Creative products in the Hall of Fame too,
Solar Oil, Stickey Base Coat and Super Shiney Top Coat. Clients see these things and they want them.

Of course if you are pants at doing nails, then CND products wont save you ... but selling their retail products might!! :)

Latest posts

Back