False Advertising - nss saying they use Calgel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammiG

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I went away for the weekend to see a friend in Walton on Thames, and noticed she had her nails done in the local NSS. My friend was adamant they were Calgel nails, even though s They told her it was Calgel, she talked about the liquid and powder that they used.

I walked past and they have a Calgel poster in the window and their products (l&p) are in plain containers...(very cheap nails - probably MMA) How can they get away with doing that?! I would be gutted if I owned a brand and people in NSS said they used it when they didn't.

Sam x

Hi geeks,

I went away for the weekend to see a friend in Walton on Thames, and noticed she had her nails done in the local NSS. My friend was adamant they were Calgel nails, even though s They told her it was Calgel, she talked about the liquid and powder that they used.

I walked past and they have a Calgel poster in the window and their products (l&p) are in plain containers...(very cheap nails - probably MMA) How can they get away with doing that?! I would be gutted if I owned a brand and people in NSS said they used it when they didn't.

Sam x

dont know if it would help but maybe calgel head office would like this to be brought to their attention.

Misleading advertising or what:eek:

I know of one or two salons that advertise they use a professional product but then they use a far cheaper alternative! It does make by blood boil!

Well get over it you all because it is impossible to stop. These salons have been doing it with Creative posters and false claims for years and years and years. No one has the resources to police these things.

All they have to do is have one tech, who could be part time, who is trained with a product and who uses this product if asked to and there you are, perfectly legal.
No we don't like it but the great British Public don't actually care.
Tell the world that they are using products tested on animals and you might get a response for all of five minutes Sad but true.
I met a lady yesterday who had just had her nails done by a nss and they looked great, she'd paid £20 for them, the nail art was lovely and beyond that she doesn't care.

They have Creative Certificates in there too! It's just up the road from me.

Blatently copies, but nothing that can be done about it.

Well I would think a call to TRADING STANDARDS would be appropriate, they would have something to say about it, after all the Salon are misleading all their clients AND any potential clients by not doing what they say they are doing and using...also insurance companies would have something to say.....

Its not just nails though, I know of at least 3 beauty therapist in my area who have NO insurance and just "do the job", ....and sorry I do get cross about it...after all I am the one doing it all legit, paying out for my insurances etc and those who do that kind of thing whether it be Nails or general beauty...Do give us asTherapists a bad reputation, we have to work harder to build up our reputation that we are legit. it P***** me right off!

Three words...
SIGN THE PETITION

:hug:

It is annoying but we need to remember who the pro's are. Dont waste your time worrying about em, there will always be people doing this kind of thing, I say concentrate on your work and you will always have better results. Let them get on with it, they wont keep their clients when they wreck their nails

I had a client ring and ask me if I did gel and I said no, and went on to question her (fact finding mission).
It transpired that she thinks she's wearing gel nails, but on asking her how they were done and explaining l&p, she said yes, that's right, that's what they did. I asked the usual questions to determine what kind of salon it was - NSS of course.

She came for infills yesterday and I could tell by looking at them even with polish on that they were L&P. Anyway, removed the polish and started to file....whoa what a fishy MMA smell:irked:. There was the usual nail damage of rings of fire etc.

She had them done 'down south - there's one of every corner' there she said.

She left with cnd infills and a much nicer shape & balance to her nails.

This is an obvious problem all over the place.

She said the pots used were plain with no markings on:irked:

What can be done about it? I've signed the petition.

its pretty bad , hence why i signed the petition, coz i do think licensing here would help , but then maybe i am wrong , coz look how many nss there are in the states :eek: and all over the world
the tiny part i play is educating my clients , telling them what to expect and what not to expect, key things to look for in a professional nail tech :green: and then i hope that it sinks in !!

Latest posts

Back