Getting a labrador and need a name!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyw

Reaction score
hello geeks

i am getting a gold labador in 5 weeks time and its a girl. the other half says i can name her but everything i come up with he doesnt like.

i have these names - Lady, buddy, brandy, molly, bailey, lola, diesel, megs

so far out of these i like - lady, molly, bailey and lola

does anyone have any other suggestions for names? maybe you have pets with cool/funky names.
let me know what you think

thanks

ooh how exciting! I have a lab, they are lovely, sweet animals but playful and a little bit mischievious. Mine would chew through her lead if i'd give her a chance, lol.

She is called Misty, but i also have a springer spaniel who came already named and he's called Chippy. I think thats a weird name.

Why don't you look up dog or baby names on the internet?

I know a shiszu (they won't let me sp as its classed as swearing ha ha) called Mop, a huge rottweiler called Bimbo and a cat called Squirrel.

I have a golden retriever called Harry and a black lab called Bruce lol he can be a bit of nightmare...ive had to turn the door handles upside down cos he can open doors no prob...hes had the oven door open before now...and a few times hes been on the freezer...and eaten everything in there!!...oh and we dont have a bin anymore lol I wouldnt be without him tho!

To me Bailey is a boys name...its quite difficult actually trying to think of female names for dogs!...erm....poppy, lucy, lottie, milly, tilly!

Oh cool, they are lovely dogs, very energetic too aren't they?

I will leave you to think of names.

We called our Pug girl Piggy. But then she eats like a pig, snorts like a pig and has a little curly tail. But she looks like an alien LOL...
Posted via Mobile Device

i like all those names!!!!!!
but i like unusual names anyways
my dalmation pup is called Bandra!!!
everyone hates it but i really love it and it really suits her!!!!
i lokked it up the other week to see if it was actually a word and strageley its the name of an ancient princess from mumbai!!!!! how coolds that!:)

I like the names Brandy and Bailey .

I have a golden lab Sammy he is now 18 Months he is huge ......they are very happy playful dogs.......only thing is I have to hoover about 3 times a day his fur is everywhere.... we have a mobile dog groomer to help (not helped yet)..lol

Let us know what you choose they are all lovely names......:)

I have a choco lab called Tilly she is a fantastic dog she is now 15 years old failing a but but the tail never stops wagging :lol:
When she had pups we called them Tiny, Tom (don't know if anyone remembers Tots TV?) Biscuit, Nala (lion king) and Honey.
:hug:

I have a choco lab called Tilly she is a fantastic dog she is now 15 years old failing a but but the tail never stops wagging :lol:
When she had pups we called them Tiny, Tom (don't know if anyone remembers Tots TV?) Biscuit, Nala (lion king) and Honey.
:hug:

ahhh I absolutely adore choc Labs :hug:

Maybe La'Dea a good name could be "dizzy" but sometimes the best thing to do is to get the dog...get to know her and her character and then you will find a name will just become completely clear and hopefully it will be one that suits the characteristics of the dog.

Good luck with her and hope you all love the new life your going to have together :hug:

Funny you should say that Collin.....we got our black lab puppy 3 weeks ago and decided to call her Poppy............last week we considered changing her neme to Dizzy (Rascal) LOL.....it would certainly suit her personality!!!! But Poppy she is and will continue to be.

How funny, I was just starting to reply when I noticed where you're from !

When we got our dog my ( Irish ) other half wanted to call her Ireland or Irish ! we didnt but I wish I had now !

I was gonna suggest these 2 names or why not just Mad dog !

oh my god, thanks guys for the replies. have heard some good names from you all. think i will wait until i get to see her and see what name suits her. but will keep all your names in mind and choose one in 5 weeks time.

will keep you all updated on what we choose

thanks

ooh lucky you, a new puppy .Ive got 2 choccy labs and they are great especially with the kids but are getting on a bit now. You will have lots of fun with her but yes they do like a chew every now and then. I think you need to see her first to name her, but have a shortlist anyway. I quite like some of the names you have come up with but someone mentioned the name Nala from the lion king earlier. I think thats quite nice especially for a golden lab. In the end go for whatever feels right to you. x

How about Molly:)

adelekeegan1 was thinking of molly but i also like that name for a daughter so dont know to use it or leave it open for maybe a daughter in the future! (away ahead of myself here lol)

fifitrix that names good aswell.

thanks

I think you should call her geraldine. Gerry for short.

Our little bichon is called Elliott. It's really funny coz there's loads of male bichons around us and they all have quite old fashioned solid sort of names: Elliott, Max, Alfie, Edward, George, Harry etc.

my dad who is a dog trainer said you should have short sharp names

we have a black lab called joe

for a girl i would have jess, ace, cash, cody, :)

I have a 10 year old black lab 'Stoli' - yes, after vodka.....it's the only thing that I could think of with a Russian theme because my other dog a 12 yo kelpie is Mishka....also a brand of vodka....:eek:

we have a golden retriever called Flapjack, his mum was called Pudding and his Grandad was called Hovis!
Our cats were Topsy and Turvy as they were always falling all over each other when they were kittens :lol:

I personally like non-human names for animals, my friend's dog is called Diva - it is so funny when her hubby has to take her out for a walk!

what about Dea?

My female cavvie is called Sophie. Two yorkies Mia and Sasha. Not sure if first two names go with larger dogs, maybe its my perspective. My german shepherds mother was called Toya which I quite like for a larger dog but does remind me of the 80's pop star.

anne xx

Latest posts

Back