GHD's..do I ? or don't I ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
My boyfriend has offered to buy me some GHD's,
He knows how long I have wanted some for.
I have naturally curly hair, But straighten it often..sometimes I like the poker straight look others I don't...

Now today I had my hair straighted with some and omg how quick and effortless, But it was a bit too straight and it put me off a little,

My old rubbish ones straighten it, but hair still has body and volume....
Now I have been searching on the net, and found links to curling hair with GHD's too and omg how cool is it !!!

So I just had a go with my eldests rubbish straighteners and it worked a bit...so Now I am thinking with GHD'S it would be brilliant...

With me and 2 daughters in the house, one of which is about to start high school, I am thinking they may...just MAY be a good investment
(plus I'm not paying so thats a bonus lol)

I feel a bit weird accepting a gift for this much money...but i reeeealllly want them lol.
So should I swallow pride and get them, or are they all hype ?

Go for it Emmysbabes Ghds are great they heat up really fast and glide through the hair like silk , get them from a reputable dealer as there are some fakes ones around ,
Ive been told there are some newer ones out which make really good curls as they have a rounded edge and they also straighten well too.

There was some reports a while ago about a faulty batch ,
but as long as you turn them off at the mains and not just the on off switch

I think Jonathon from Salon Lines sells them x hth :hug: x

Hey Emm
I had the Mark Hill ones (Morphy Richards) and the GHD ones and the Mark Hill were way better. Just gutted I can't get them over here! The Mark Hill ones I had, had an interchangable head so that you could have flat iron or curling iron! I think Boots did them for about 80 quid.

I borrowed some GHD's for a few weeks last year and while they was good they was too good for my hair...it was too straight, flyaway and silky and couldnt do anything with it.

I went and bought some Kodo's and ive never looked back, straighten just how i like, efertless, and still got managable hair.

Go with what you feel chick, if you have tried some and like them get them ( seen as you not paying)lol Otherwise try Kodo's, ive never had a problem and they are still going strong over a year later...bright pink as well :D

I also have Kodos - they're great, about 5 years old and (touch wood) never had a problem with them yet.

I've used GHD's as well and to be honest can't find much difference apart from the price. So if you're not sure if you'll use them often they're a decent cheaper option.

I also don't like my hair flat but can't blow dry it with a brush - I bought a product from the salon I work in and it's FANTASTIC!! Gives loads of volume to the root when I rough dry it and then I very slightly twist the tongs under as I straighten to make it less poker straight looking!!

Also they curl just the sam as GHD's - it's just not easy on your own hair!

HTH xxx

yep - ghd for me anytime.
the mark 4 version - (got them last year for my daughter 13) can be easily used for curls too they have a curved barrel- very trendy for the young'uns - and they automatically cut off if left on - also good for forgetful teens (and busy mums alike!!)

get the GHD maemay :)

well you know how wavy/ curly my hair can be and i can get it v straight with them

altho i really need a wider pair than ive got as my hair has got soooo long i get arm ache when straightening!...lol

Jess
xox

I had the babyliss 230's and they are fab and get so hot, I did want ghd's but couldnt afford any :sad:

i have ghds hun and they are fab , my hair looked like an afro this morning coz i washed it last night and went to bed
but did it this morning and its lovely and straight :D

i also have the mark 4 ones and they were worth every penny.
the thing i find with some hair straighteners is that they pull your hair and snap it off.i had tried a few different brands and none of them were as good as ghds.
your always going to get mixed reviews so your better off going with what suits you.
i personally would buy ghds everytime and they now come with a 2year garantee.
the new mark 4 switch off after not being used for a certain amount off time which i think is a great selling point especially when you have got kids.it also does other stuff aswell so have alook aroung on the internet and get some more info about them you can also find some special offers.xx

I love my ghd's love em....i finger dry my hair then straighten and it lasts until i wash 3/4 days and i have thick naturally wavy/frizzy hair

YES GET THEM!

Honestly, Emmsy, I have wasted SO MUCH money on straighteners from various price brackets, and have binned the lot in favour of GHD's. I've got the wider ones as well but to be honest it's the narrower ones that I use more and more recently I've discovered how to flick hair out at the front (I have long layers) to give a kinda seventies look, a bit Farrah iykwim lol, I can't believe they are so versatile but because the plates are rounded at the edges you can flick gently or make spiral curls or just use them to straighten

GOD I LOVE 'EM, DID I SAY?​

I have two pairs of GHD's....!! That's how much I love them....!!! I never go anywhere without them. They are the best hair straightner around!!
You won't regret it ;)

:D
I think I will say ......YES !!!
sod it lol....It's not coming out of my pocket lmao,

I've got really long hair and always thought that GHD's must be wonderful.

I borrowed my friends one evening and they were rubbish on my hair. My straightners that I bought from my hairdresser almost 5 years ago for £45 do the job MUCH better.

M.

WellI dont really know what to say, GHD's are my life, without them I dont know what Id do! My brother gave them to me, and I couldnt afford another pair if mine were to blow up or something, so fingers crossed and touch wood they never do.
They are a hell of alot of money for straighteners though! But if your bf is offering, bite his hand off!

Get them, you wont regret it. I've had mine for 6 years and cant live without them.

They are ace Emma, you accept his kind offer,
if you don't want your hair too flat at the root, start straightening it about 2 inch from your roots, and you will still have volume in your hair,
and always use a straightening spray to protect your hair as they do get extremely hot,
if you go to the GHDs website and order them from there you are guaranteed that they will be genuine and you can get some good deals too hth

They are fab!

Mine lasted 5 1/2 yr! Till sadly last week they past away!!! :cry:

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back