Happy GeekDay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Its official (well, I suppose that depends on your definition of official), January 9th shall now be known as GeekDay.

Why? Because 6 years ago today the community of SalonGeek.com (samuelsweet.com at the time) was opened. What started as a small forum of a few members dedicated to interacting, discussing, problem solving, etc... has turned into a fundamental element of our industry for many of its members.

From a blog about my whereabouts to an active community of thousands daily, I am really chuffed with what our award winning site has become.

Thank you to the mods for you tireless support and a big thank you to all for making our home what it is; the professionals home on the web.

Just out of interest, what was your salongeek.com highlight of the past year? Mine I think would have to be The Party at The Event where we let our hair down and celebrated Geek of the Year :)

Last edited:
Happy Geekday !!

So how many of the 'original' geeks are still around ?

I don't really have a highlight as such just grateful for all the advice I received from geeks over the past couple of years and hope I have helped some peeps out along the way :hug:

BTW I just want to say that I have never been on any other forum that has as much community spirit or so many cool little extras (like rep & geekmolians when we had them) I think your next step should be to build a geek village and then we can all be neighbours :lol:

HAPPY GEEKDAY TO YOU

God......we've all had some giggles and shed a few tears, but what a wonderful addition to our lives this site has been.

No husband has ever filled me rage and made me roar with laughter as much as this site. Thanks to all of you behind the scenes and long may it continue to grow.

My highlight has to be the geek meet at Geeg's house in Spain. xxx

Happy Geekday too!

I daren't mention mine but it went from a negative to a 2009 positive xxx

I learned a lot about myself and have changed a lot about myself.

I've been a member of the site for some time now and as I've said a thousand times before, I would have given up being a nail tech had I not found this site. I hope now that I can begin to give more back than I have done over the last year as I've been there with the new techs and made all the mistakes and then some.

Last edited:
Happy Geek day. My highlight has got to be the inside out suit and Jan's faux pas with the Victory sign LOL.

There is a picture in Scratch from the Event for those who might have absolutely no idea what I am talking about LOL.

My other highlight has to be the Event in general and getting to chat with people I never thought I would meet, especially "Ted" and the gorgeous Sandi and Adele.

Happy Geekday, i dont have an highlight just so great full for all the help and advice i have recieved from everyone and the lovely friends iv made.Thanks again xx

Hippy Geekday!

Highlights have to be:

1. oniongate with the saddo club.

2. Deciding to go for training and getting accreditation with The Guild after many PM's back and forth from Louisa.

3. And most importantly, I've been lucky enough to meet 5 geeks:

Gemma - gm_sh
Paula - pazzy
Kelly - kellydaisy
Susan - suzybabe
Carissa - buttons

I've been invited to stay at Adele's house and she even offered to look after master chick for me.

I nearly got to meet Axiom and PeterPan.

This site has guided me through my new venture. I was still wondering what the hell I was going to do when I decided to give up the decorating business.
I had never worn enhancements and really didn't know what I was getting into.
My first day with Katrina at Creative in Plymouth was as scarey as hell. But she soon put me at ease and has been easy to contact since I began.

With her and this site I have had an enjoyable journey into the world of nails! I am loving every minute of it!! This site has been amazing and I have had some excellent help and advise on my 'wobbly days'.

I have since gone into the world of waxing and again, without the valuable information and help that people offer on here, I wouldn't be where I am today. The next stage is a course with Kim.....(Not advertising...just saying whats next for me), I wouldn't have found her with out this site.

So a massive well done!!! And long may you continue!!!
And a HUGEEEEEE!!!!!! Thank you!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Happy Geekday!! This is site is fantastic, it sounds corny but I honestly cant imagine it not being here!! I have learnt so so much of this site ..thanks Geeks!!

My highlights have been the geeks I have met, Katelisa, Judy, Min, Kim Lawless, Ruth Mills, Lavender Blue and so many more I honestly cant think now!! Lol

but the biggest hugest highlight had to be my 121 with the honourable Geeg! Where I also managed a quick hello to Mr & Mrs Sweet....and saw Sams fabulous minxed toes in some fabaroony heels!! (samantha obviously ....Mr Sweet in heels and gold toes just wouldnt be right would it??!!!:lol:)

Thank you geekworld your fabulous!! Mwah xxxx

HAPPY GEEKDAY ALL OVER THE WORLD

I completely forgot that today IS the day!!

My highlights of 08 are probably similar to Sam's. I think it would be The Event as a whole and having the CND team there with us... I mean the fact that John Heffner was there for that, and Jan, and Tony... it was way over the top and brilliant!

My other hightlight would have to be seeing S2 blossoming as a company and really coming into our own. I have learnt so much and simply LOVE what I do and being a part of this industry and meeting all the great people I get to meet!

So all in all 2008 was a great highlight in itself... and now I venture into my 40th year (although I am not yet I hasten to add:rolleyes:)... but I am excited about 09 and this site and this industry and all of you!!

Geeks Rule and Rock!!!:!:

In the past year I have been to stay with Gigi and her husband Simon which was wonderful and I also went to the Event and met loads of lovely people and made some really good friends.

Rarely a day goes by without me logging on and learning something and as time has gone by I find I am able to help others too.

It really is my second home :)

:Love:Happy GeekDay:Love:
I don't really have a specific highlight but if I had been able to go it would deffo have been THE EVENT!!

I really feel like I fitted into the community during 2008 and can't wait to see what this year has in store for me and I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

Stevie xxx

HAPPY GEEK DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am now marking this event in my electronic agenda to appear every year.

WHY?

Because it has made such a HUGE impact on me professionally and personally.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you Sam, for creating this wonderful community.
I also thank it's members...
For all together, you have made a difference in my life.

xoxoxox
:hug:

HAPPY GEEK DAY! :hug:

My Salongeek.com highlight would be becoming a premie! I LOVE this site. Also, the confidence I've gained, especially in the past few months, I owe to this site and all the FAB geeks on here!

My other highlight would be working with Roxanne, Angie and Kristina of CND at the Roadshow. OMG...what a great time that was!

A sincere thank you to everyone involved with this website! Wishing you ALL the very best in 2009! :hug:

HAPPY GEEK DAY!!!!!!!

Well, I have enjoyed every single moment I've been here, and I would like to thank each and every member for making it special!
My highlight? Meeting the Sweets, of course! I love you, guys!!!:hug:

Happy Geek Day:hug:

An easy one for me to remember it's my mum's birthday.

Loads of highlights for me but specifically for 2008 it has to be meeting, learning and working with the truly genuinely wonderful AXIOM. What can I say? a lovely genuine guy who only deserves happiness xxxx:hug:

My continuing friendship with Izzidoll without Salon Geek I would never have known has been a highlight throughout my time in geeklandxxxx

Finally getting to see Fiona Wallace again at her new venture cos I missed our chats and her xxxx

Learning that Morgandie was WELL is my best highlight from my whole time on Geek xxxxxx

Happy Geek Day....and congrats to Sam on his not so little Geek baby...all grown up now with a big 5.......and many more to come

What gave you the idea in the first place....?

I can just imagine the first day and the continuous excitement you must have felt each day that followed with new members...threads and posts....watching your Geek baby grow

My highlight was for sure The SS Event....it was da bomb !!

OOOhhhh so hard to narrow it down!

Chatting with so many people from here and learning so much from them.
Meeting some of them in person and being able to call some of them really true friends.
The amazing generosity of time, knowledge and resources of so many on here.
Attending the inspirational Event.

Happy GeekDay!! xx

I missed this yesterday but Happy belated Geekday!!

My highlight of the year was the S2 Event for sure, Samantha and Geeg know what it did for me and I cant to this day quite believe I actually went! Jan Arnold doesn't let anyone fade into the background either and my CND Break out session with her sat next to me for much of it was an amazing experience.

Cheers to all who make up S2 and all the educators and ambassadors and also all the Geeks who helped to make the Event so memorable, and this site, such a very special thing to have to fall back on for the greatest resource of help and advice, both professional and personal. I've made some fabulous friends :hug:

Mine I think would have to be The Party at The Event where we let our hair down and celebrated Geek of the Year :)
:green: Well I couldn't agree more :green:
(oooo does this mean I am now a piece of salon geek history :eek:)

Anyway my special time this year on the geek was the EVENT !!
The whole beginning to end ! and what is coming to me since...

Having that chance to be in a massive room filled with some of the worlds most successful, and most inspirational techs at some times I did actually think I may BURST!
Not only the amount of education I received, but the way I was made to feel like I was 'friends' with EVERY single person there.... I felt like I knew everyone and had for ages from the very moment I stepped out of my car (very flustered) I was greeted by Jen with my geeky badge, The excitement just never ended even for weeks afterwards,
Some words spoken to me during that weekend I will never forget (Especially when Gigi made me cry lmao, in a lovely way might I add :lol:)

The night time, winning my award was THEE most amazing thing to happen to me other than the birth of my daughters...
I shook like a leaf and was TOTALLY petrified when I saw sooooo many faces looking back at me,
I thought I must have looked totally stupid up there on the stand with all these amazing people and then ME shaking like a good un' but some of you geeks know the personal problems I had over the last few years knocked my confidence totally. this was a massive thing I couldn't believe I had won !!! ...

The whole event made me more passionate than ever, and made me focus on what I would like to achieve with my career and made me think I CAN ACTUALLY DO IT !!!!

AND I CANT WAIT !!!!!

I never had any plans for my life for a long long time, I never thought there was a point to be honest I thought I had to just 'settle' BUT...
....The salon geek website with all the GORGEOUS members it contains
have helped me change from a young mum with no life mapped out for herself, stuck in a bit of a 'mum rut'
to a young mum with lots of plans and ambitions that I will hopefully fulfill and that is rubbing off on my kids too happier mum....happier kids !

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND THANKYOU
SALON GEEK !!!
:hug:​

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back