Hot Wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ohhhhhhhh sorry i dont mind either cos i dont live too far, but obv 1/2 day would be lovely as more could come!xxx

OOOh, this sounds very very interesting! Also sounds like they're not far from the Thalgo training centre in South Quay - I was there when i trained for my job in a Spa - lovely area and really easy to get to.

I would be really interested in being involved in this. I did some basic training with Lycon, and found that it changed my attitude to hot waxing completely, and i do hot waxing quite a bit now as i find it much more effective on Bikini and u/a areas....:green:

Got it in one, Perron Rigot's main UK distributors are Thalgo and they've kindly agreed to let us use their training room for the day - it's a lovely bright, spacious room and as you rightly say Katrina, it has the added bonus of being easy to find! :)

The Lycon wax is lovely too, I think between them they really have changed the face of hot waxing.

Okay, I've edited this next bit because my first attempt sounded really dodgy, lol!! What I meant to say (for those who saw my first post!) was: I won't be doing any ladies' Brazilian waxing on the day, but if anyone wants to share their tips for the process, the more input the merrier! :D

Andy x

I will wait for your holiday in Edinburgh I am sure Thalgo have a training facility there too:hug:

Got it in one, Perron Rigot's main UK distributors are Thalgo and they've kindly agreed to let us use their training room for the day - it's a lovely bright, spacious room and as you rightly say Katrina, it has the added bonus of being easy to find! :)

The Lycon wax is lovely too, I think between them they really have changed the face of hot waxing.

Okay, I've edited this next bit because my first attempt sounded really dodgy, lol!! What I meant to say (for those who saw my first post!) was: I won't be doing any ladies' Brazilian waxing on the day, but if anyone wants to share their tips for the process, the more input the merrier! :D

Andy x

I'm definately up for training day, 1/2 day even better as it gives me the rest of the day for shopping, and I can't quite believe it but my husband has volunteered himself as a model if needed!!!:eek::green:

1/2 day would be good for me too. I'm new to waxing, but would love to come to watch and learn if thats ok!

OOOh, this sounds very very interesting! Also sounds like they're not far from the Thalgo training centre in South Quay - I was there when i trained for my job in a Spa - lovely area and really easy to get to.

I would be really interested in being involved in this. I did some basic training with Lycon, and found that it changed my attitude to hot waxing completely, and i do hot waxing quite a bit now as i find it much more effective on Bikini and u/a areas....:green:

Minipig007 - can i ask you where you did your training with Lycon? Was it in the UK?

I would love to come and watch.
How do i book a place??

I would love to come and watch.
How do i book a place??

As soon as I've confirmed the availability of the room and dates, I'll be letting people know how to book a place :D

Fingers crossed I'll have the details finalised by the end of the weekend, Monday at the latest.

Andy x

Gosh I go away for just one day and I come back to find that Andy is an absolute diamond!!:lol::lol::lol:

Half day sounds perfect for me and I would love to come.

Im definately coming now Andy....can Richard come too??:green:

Let us know when the date and place are in London,is it Thalgo headquarters then??

1/2 a day would be good for me i'd be interested :hug:

is it sad that im gonna cry if i dont get a place? yep thought so! who'd of thought salon geek would cause me so much turmoil!

Im definately coming now Andy....can Richard come too??:green:

Yes, absolutely, if he's happy to be a demonstration model for a back or chest wax that would be great. I think Esther mentioned her partner has offered to be a guinea pig too!

We won't be doing a full waxing demo on a chap as I'm doing a separate workshop for that, but I'll run through a few techniques for the most requested areas to whet your appetite (i.e. back and chest). It'll also give you a chance to play with different types of waxes and see the difference they make on various types of hair :D

The venue is indeed Thalgo's HQ - I'm in the last stages of confirming times and a few other bits and pieces, and will post details on this thread tomorrow (all being well). Stay tuned!

Andy x

is it sad that im gonna cry if i dont get a place? yep thought so! who'd of thought salon geek would cause me so much turmoil!

Don't worry Bexi, if places fill up and the day is a success, I'll offer another for those who can't make the first date :)

nooooooooooo i wanna be on the 1st one lol!
ok well i'm defo up for it cant wait!!!!
if u need davids help that day - ie. want photots let me know!

I would love to attend this too...

Yes, absolutely, if he's happy to be a demonstration model for a back or chest wax that would be great. I think Esther mentioned her partner has offered to be a guinea pig too!

We won't be doing a full waxing demo on a chap as I'm doing a separate workshop for that, but I'll run through a few techniques for the most requested areas to whet your appetite (i.e. back and chest). It'll also give you a chance to play with different types of waxes and see the difference they make on various types of hair :D

The venue is indeed Thalgo's HQ - I'm in the last stages of confirming times and a few other bits and pieces, and will post details on this thread tomorrow (all being well). Stay tuned!

Andy x
Might have a slight problem with Ben being a model for back or chest as he has only one chest hair, and i mean just one!:lol: He'll be travelling up with me though so if he can be of any help he's up for it, i'll have to wait for the other workshop to practice on him!:lol:

Might have a slight problem with Ben being a model for back or chest as he has only one chest hair, and i mean just one!:lol: He'll be travelling up with me though so if he can be of any help he's up for it, i'll have to wait for the other workshop to practice on him!:lol:

No worries Esther - that's a lucky escape for him, lol :wink2:

Ohh sooo looking forward to this I hope I am free on the day it's decided on. Thanks sooo much Andy :hug:

Okay folks, here it is! :D

GEEKY WAXING WORKSHOP

Date: Monday 9th July 2007
Time: 10:00am – 1:00pm OR 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Venue: Thalgo Head Office, Elgin House, 51 Millharbour, Docklands, London E14 9TD
Attire: Professional salon uniform or similar workwear
Cost: FREE OF CHARGE to Geeks

CONTENT
  • Introduction to the new generation non-strip waxes (specifically Perron Rigot, as this is the wax we’ll be using, but most of the techniques also apply to other brands)
  • Refresher on contra-indications and cautions
  • Homecare tips
  • Demonstration of non-strip waxing techniques
  • Play time: practice on fellow attendees
  • Troubleshooting, hints and tips
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

Attendees must hold a recognised waxing or sugaring qualification and insurance. As waxing techniques will be practiced on each other, everyone attending the workshop must be prepared to be waxed on the day; please grow underarm and leg hair for at least 2 weeks beforehand (and bikini hair if you’re feeling brave!).

HOW TO BOOK

Email me at geek @ axiombodyworks.co.uk (remove the spaces between the @ symbol) with your preferred time (morning or afternoon), plus your Geek name, real name and telephone number. I will send a confirmation email with workshop information and directions to the venue if you have been successful in securing a place. To keep things simple, please do not PM me via the SalonGeek site or ask to be booked via this thread. I'm working all day today, so don't panic if you don't get a response until tomorrow! :D

There are 20 places in all, 10 in the morning and 10 in the afternoon. Places will be allocated on a “first come” basis, but I will run another workshop if it proves popular so don’t fret if you don’t get a space this time round! PLEASE only book yourself a place once you are 100% certain that you can attend. If you fail to show on the day without prior notice, you’ll face the wrath of me and any fellow Geeks who missed out on a place!! :wink2:

SPACES LEFT

Morning: 3 spaces (booked: Estherlou, Cabinkel, Tracie, Brandywine, Urban Geek, Scattyfox, Nailtrix)
Afternoon: 1 space (booked: Beautyguru, **Tracey**, Rouge, Joe90, Zo Zo, Eager Beaver, Vanessa, Pure, Jacqui'snewnail)

Wax on!! Andy x :green:

Latest posts

Back