How did everyone come up with their screen-names?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a 60's child, barely :lol:

I don't remember it, but here's a link for those peeps who don't know :hug:
Tog
Aw thanks VN, takes me back. . ! goodness, in black and white too! :eek:

mine is as boring as they come...'Angela Thomas aka AngieT'! :green: Its been a great thread to read though seeing where you all thought your names up from :hug:

Mine is just my name too but with little stars ... I was originally Helencad as Cadman is my surname but when Sam gave us Molains, I saved up and changed it just to Helen.

Well I was born with mine...unfortunatley my father was Dyslexic (as I am) and spelt my name with two "L's" instead of one so I'm stuck with it :eek:

One day I might find it in my heart to forgive him :hug:

Tog is a character from Pogles Wood, a childrens programme in the sixties . . . does anyone remember watching it? No I thought so you've never heard of it have you? Wonder what that says about me, probably stuck in my childhood tee hee

Well, at least I am not on my own with an avatar connected to kids programmes - mine is after a gerry anderson programme Joe90 and I love all things gerry anderson but fireball xl5 was just a bit too long.

Mine was from quite a few years ago when I was trying to come up with an e*ay screenname. It took me hours!

But to cut a long story short, my old neighbour when I was a kid used to call me Sadie and I used to be a fan of Red Sonja from the comic book which was made into a film in 1985 and also liked Conan the Barbarian which Arnie Schwarzenegger played Conan in the film (is that right, I can't remember?!).

I originally wanted Redsonja as she was a powerful Amazonian woman (Bridgette Nielson is 6ft, I'm 5ft, she was blond, I'm brunette - see the comparison :)? spooky innit :)!), but it was taken, so I opted for a combo of Red and Sadie = Redsadie :green:

If you google redsadie, you'll see me all over the place as it's my screen name for everything I do on the net!

Mines quite convoluted too hun, so you aren't the only one :hug:

Mine is from many years ago, my nickname at work was Pippa, my friend Maxine used to call me Pippadoodle and it was just a user name I came up with for this site. :hug:

Could tell you.....but I would have to kill you afterwards :eek:

It just came in my head when i was filling out my details took me all of 2 sec to think of. The thing is i dont even like chocolate lol dont know where it came from

I decided to keep it simple, there is only one of me)

Fabby thread though, cause its always interesting to know what stands behind the screen name):hug:

Great thread, but I so wish I had never used mine it makes me cringe. Here goes my story then, in a hurry as usual and late one night I plucked up the courage to join, was in a rush but after lurking on the site for a couple of months, I needed some advice so decided to ask a question. Could not think of anything as never had a usable nickname so I put down what my husband use to call our little girl when she first started to walk................BIG MISTAKE! Kinda cute when your a gorgeous little one year old, but certainly is not at all becoming at my age and just sounds downright bizzare really - What a whally. Guess this is Karma and we have to live with our own actions. I am certainly not making this mistake again though and will think before I make a rushed decision the next time as this name is haunting me in my worst nightmares. x

Are you sitting comfortably? Then i'll begin lol

I'm Lil Linz because i'm so tall.

It was what my best friend used to call me in 6th form. He was 6ft4 though, and to him I was little, despite being 5ft10! It caught on, and the rest of my friends started calling me it too, even though I towered over most of them.

When my little sister was a baby she called me KaKa as she couldn't say Karen.:lol:

My name's Sally :green:

I married Sam... :) hence Mrs Geek; but my Jessica Rabbit Avatar will always stay because I am curvy like she is (the waist, boobs, butt thing)..

I was originally going to be Boot (my mum used to call me wellington when I was younger, then shortened it to boot...) don't ask why!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was originally going to be Boot (my mum used to call me wellington when I was younger, then shortened it to boot...) don't ask why!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why? (Sorry Samantha - couldnt resist!)!!!!

it all started in high school cheerleading, I always kinda had an attitude problem (some things never change! lol) and i was the only one not afraid to argue with our instructor when we thought she was wrong... we'd argue, and i'd get punished... and i'd walk away saying "yeah..yeah...:rolleyes:" ... everyone started calling me that, and it stuck! lol

it all started in high school cheerleading, I always kinda had an attitude problem (some things never change! lol) and i was the only one not afraid to argue with our instructor when we thought she was wrong... we'd argue, and i'd get punished... and i'd walk away saying "yeah..yeah...:rolleyes:" ... everyone started calling me that, and it stuck! lol

ha ha I love it... my 16 year old does that now!!! :smack:

Latest posts

Back