I love this site!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mum

Reaction score
The Salon Geek is one of the very best things that has happened to the professional nail industry (and probably skin and hair industries too!)

It has everything that a professional needs to help them with their skills and knowledge.

It's a shame that sometimes it gets a bit personal and tricky but, you know, when you get over 28k people together that's going to happen don't you think??

Some of the best 'brains' in the business come here and freely give their help and advice to everyone

Some of the most skilled technicians share their expertise in their spare time.

The community and feeling of a big 'family' is phenomenal. 'Geeks' find each other at the trade shows like they are old friends when they may have never met before.

I personally only use a very small part of this huge site but I get what I want from it and hope I give something back.

This industry would be a far worse place if it wasn't for this site. So much is not right with the industry (training and education being one high on my list) and this site goes a very long way to help with this.

I'll occassionally go and have a look at other sites but I never stay. I can dip in and out of this one at all sorts of times and there'll be plenty to read (and from all over the world!)

Even many 'official' organisations look to this site for info on what is going on in the industry. Again, I know this for a fact that Habia (the Industry Authority) looks to this site as does the HSE and many local authorities EHO's. I could go on but I'll stop now.

Thank you Sam and all the other that give so much of their time to this FABULOUS site :hug::hug::hug:

I agree. Thank you too Sam and the team :)
Posted via Mobile Device

WELL SAID!
i know i've gotten loads of tips and help from people and by searching threads..

long live Salon Geek xx

I dread to think how much money i would have wasted on courses by not doing the research. This site is a god send for people, its all the research you would ever need under one roof!

I also can say that the community of this site has certainly saved me from some very bad days. I have never known the kindness of strangers to be so constantly supportive.

x x x

Perfectly said...:green:

Salon geek is a giver and not a taker and there are many thousands who will attest to that one!! Thanks Marian :hug: It attracts givers as well and that is the biggest secret behind the success of salongeek; we all have like minds, passion for what we do and the courage to say what we think.

Having people like Marian Newman (and other top experts in their fields) on board as well as we salon professionals at the grass roots, to give advice freely any time just typifies the quality of expertise that people both experienced and inexperienced have access to here. Where else could you find that level of experience or expertise on any other website every day? The answer is it can't be found anywhere else.

I adore this site, it has helped me so much with my techniques, it has saved me my hard earned cash, I have picked up business tips, introduced new treatments which has increased my takings, and my diary is looking healthy, I also know that any questions (not homework lol) that I need an answer for will be answered by a click of a button, believe me Ive paid £45+ just for some other training provider to tell me something that Geeg gives away for FREE!!

I have been supported personally by all the lovely geeks on here and I have met a few geeks who I hold very dearly in my heart, I LOVE this site!!

Sue x

I love this site and the info I get from it.

Sitting in my car waiting to go into my nail care class. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have been so inspired to take the step towards my dream job.
Posted via Mobile Device

I love this site and the info I get from it.

Sitting in my car waiting to go into my nail care class. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have been so inspired to take the step towards my dream job.
Posted via Mobile Device

To add, I am not currently a premium geek but after the other thread today, when I get home I'll be looking into it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Its a brilliant site and i feel so lucky to have all this information at the press of a button. Thank you Sam..xx

ditto to all of the above - happy geeking geeks :green:

The thing I like about this site is that there's no dam music :eek::lol::hug:

Just posted this reply as the other thread was closed:irked:

But maybe my reply is more appropriate here

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Generally I steer clear of these types of controversial posts:eek:

Do I think Salon Geek needs an update? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Being a technophobe I would hate that cos I know how to navigate my way about now.

I don't always agree with what I read on here but I definitely agree with the majority today, and I will reiterate what I have always said of this site.

I absolutely would not have the successful business I now have and the amazing new network of friends and mentors that I have without Salon Geek, being a member allows me to stay at the forefront of my industry and be as knowledgeable for my clients as they deserve.

"No publicity is bad publicity" maybe not!!!

But it certainly doesn't personally inspire me to try either Salontweet or Nuovotan. (sorry Dawn )

If it wasn't for this site & all the lovely, helpful & genuinely great people on here I would probably be back to selling radio commercials for the local station & earning someone else a wedge of cash & pulling my hair out - with the dread of getting up in the morning to go & do that job that drains you!

Because of this site, I have fulfilled a dream I'd had for years & love my work - miss it when I'm on holiday:lol:

I adore this site.....although at times, I've felt as though I was going to have a heart attack or throw the laptop across the room in temper.

I come on here to both learn and help every day and I also use it as a way to wind down after a hard days work. I love it! xx

I adore this site.....although at times, I've felt as though I was going to have a heart attack or throw the laptop across the room in temper.

I come on here to both learn and help every day and I also use it as a way to wind down after a hard days work. I love it! xx

You know what kimmie ?? You have had your 'moments' here on Salon Geek and you have crossed swords with the mods a few times and you have defended yourself and sometimes taken the odd liberty that in fairness you have seen others take ... BUT you have always listened and you have always done the right thing and I respect you for that and count you as a real friend ---

You haven't flounced off the site in a huff never to return because you haven't heard exactly what you wanted to hear. We have forged a true relationship, which no one can do without conflict aand resolving those conflicts to everyone's benefit. It all makes the bond stronger.

You are another valued and respected member of this site and you have earned that repect through thick and thin. :hug:

You know what kimmie ?? You have had your 'moments' here on Salon Geek and you have crossed swords with the mods a few times and you have defended yourself and sometimes taken the odd liberty that in fairness you have seen others take ... BUT you have always listened and you have always done the right thing and I respect you for that and count you as a real friend ---

You haven't flounced off the site in a huff never to return because you haven't heard exactly what you wanted to hear. We have forged a true relationship, which no one can do without conflict aand resolving those conflicts to everyone's benefit. It all makes the bond stronger.

You are another valued and respected member of this site and you have earned that repect through thick and thin. :hug:

Aah thanks Geeg......that's enough to bring tears to a glass eye. :hug: As for not flouncing off.......nobody else will have me :)

Thank you, I really appreciate those words. Love ya big time.

Ps. They'll be telling us to 'Get a room'. xxx

I have been here for over 3 years and am now a moderator.

I have behaved on here as I do in 'real life'.........not always perfect, but hey I am human.

I work alone in my home salon and without Salongeek, feel I would, at times, have given up, without the support I have received.

I have made some really special friends and many acquaintances.

I trained at the age of 50 and now 3 years on, it never ceases to amaze me what a wonderful community this.

I have no agenda, I am not trying to sell anything, I only want to learn and also pass on any help that I can offer to those less experienced........perhaps that is why I love it here.

Amen and ditto to all the replies. This site is a wonderful support both professionally and personally. Long may it continue. :hug:

Latest posts

Back