I think I scared her!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

del3

Reaction score
As most of you must know I've recently turned my hair and nail salon into a nails only salon therfore I've been doing a fair amount of advertising to promote my business.
Well in the village that I am based there is a beauty salon that does gel nails and today I got a visit from the receptionist asking me for a list of services and prices.
I reqognised this woman immediatly but it was obvious that she didn't have a clue that I knew who she was, and I didn't let on to her that I knew..iykwim:lol:
She asked if I did gel nails and i replyd no but I could recomend a local salon that did and named the salon that she worked in.
Her face was a picture...her jaw just droped open :lol:
What was she expecting....me to start telling her that gel nails were rubbish and she shouldn't touch them with a bargepole???....DUH!!!
I asked her if she wanted some advice or info on l&p and all she could do was mumble and stutter ...erm...I'll have to think about it.
She couldn't get out of the salon fast enough (clutching my price list) and even managed to trip over her own feet as she left....yes I did keep a straight face ...at least until she was out of sight:lol:

I haven't stoped giggling about it all afternoon,this wasn't a young girl, she is a woman in her 50s and you'd think being a receptionist she would have more of an idea on how to aproach this kind of enquiery :rolleyes:

Well at least they know now that I'm not in direct competition with them (yet:wink2:) and they can sleep easy ......for now!:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Good for you - this is the best laugh I've had all day - silly woman:lol:

hahaha it always gets me why people in the same town think other businesses are bad mouthing em !!!i will always recommend a good salon if a clients wants something i dont offer, i never bad mouth the competition,
bet she was well shocked , pmsl xxxxx

Well done you. I'm not that quick thinking and would of said something silly.

You never know they may refer peeps to you for L&P.

Well done you. I'm not that quick thinking and would of said something silly.

You never know they may refer peeps to you for L&P.

Somehow or other I don't think they will:lol:.....I've heard that since I've reopend they have been telling their clients that 'acrylic' (as in l&p) causes the most terrible damage to your nails:rolleyes:........incidently these are clients that have come to me begging me to remove the gel nails that they put on,becouse they have made such a bad job ........ lumpy bumpy gargoyles lmao
xxx:hug:xxx

good for you. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when she returned to
the other salon:lol: have your ears been burning?

You should have walked over her jaw that fell on the floor and said " are you ok"...!!! :lol::lol::lol:...well done you xxxxxx

Good for you Dell.:lol:
I would have loved to have seen that one!!! Its exactly what i would have said too.:)

But I would like to bet that she wont return the gesture to l&p clients.

This is what makes you the better business woman and a better person.

Nice one :hug:xx

oh well done you!

Spoken like a true professional!

I'd of laid it on thick too pmsl!

Well done!:lol::lol::lol:

Oh hun thats a fantastic story, well done for handling it so well. I bet you've felt fantastic for the rest of the day now!!

Hehe:green: Brilliant!! Well done for handeling it so well!x

Don't you have this on tape? A security camera. something?
I'd love to have seen her face!!!!!

Well done you! Serves her right for being sneaky! xx

Don't you have this on tape? A security camera. something?
I'd love to have seen her face!!!!!

No....wish I did now though :lol:

Got to admit can't help but feel a little bit smug.........................
oh go on then a BIG bit smug :lol::lol:

xx:hug:xx

LOL Del

You Go Girl .........

This has really made me smile! It says so much about your quality of service to your clients that you would have the confidence to redirect them. :hug: BRILLIANT response! :hug:

Hee hee! Well done you and it serves her right for being sneaky.:lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back