I'm gutted - no Dermalogica for mobile therapists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And this i have the same confusion myself....if it is a salon brand and i was distributing it,then i would make it high street salon only....but that is just my opinion:lol:

well, that was exactly my thinking too gabi, how can they say that you are up to scratch in a home treatment room if they dont inspect it. i'm sure that some mobile techs are better than home based techs and vice versa. it makes no sense to offer it to one group and not the other, you either got to keep it highstreet salon or offer to ALL qualified therapists.:rolleyes:

well, that was exactly my thinking too gabi, how can they say that you are up to scratch in a home treatment room if they dont inspect it. i'm sure that some mobile techs are better than home based techs and vice versa. it makes no sense to offer it to one group and not the other, you either got to keep it highstreet salon or offer to ALL qualified therapists.:rolleyes:

The reps come out to visit the salon be it at home or on the high street so they do get to see its condition.

I think the logic behind it is if a rep goes to a home salon they are going to see the room laid out couch etc, they can tell straight away if its a dump whereas mobile how are they to know that the therapist has even got a couch or if they have thay they use it ?! They could just use the clients sofa for all they know.

The reps come out to visit the salon be it at home or on the high street so they do get to see its condition.

I think the logic behind it is if a rep goes to a home salon they are going to see the room laid out couch etc, they can tell straight away if its a dump whereas mobile how are they to know that the therapist has even got a couch or if they have thay they use it ?! They could just use the clients sofa for all they know.

aaaahhh, so they do get you to pass to a certain standard then.
guess that makes a difference

Hiya

i thought i would put in some pointers as well about dermalogica. i work from home and use dermalogica for all my face and body treatments. i had 1 rep come out and inspect my room and she went through all the products that i would need (professional and retail) etc and then a few months later once i had my products delivered and had training i had my local rep come out to visit me and again make sure everything is upto their regulations.

i actually asked my rep about mobiles using dermalogica and it is because they prefer you to have a treatment room whether at home or in a salon, plus there start up costs are about £3500 and to be honest how many mobiles can afford that as well as their other costs?

working from home/having a salon is a better advantage in dermalogicas eyes because:
  • you have a tester stand so clients can come in and try products as they like.
  • there is a lot of dermalogica professional products - so imagine taking that every time? plus dermalogica teach us that every month your clients skin might have changed, therefore you may need to use a completely different product than what you were using before.
  • they provide us with samples/literature/freebies to give to clients - thats an extra mobiles have to take
  • clients also like to have a look at products before they buy - its just not possible to carry one of each thing and its a pricy product for people just to buy without having a look at it etc.
  • also dermalogica like you to spend on average about £600+ on products. in their eyes some mobiles just would not be able order that every month.
  • and finally its easier for you to retail when you are based in one place. even though i work from home i still have clients ringing to come round and pick up products. your rep comes every 6/8 weeks and they do a stock check!!! i always have to have everything in stock incase clients wish to buy products.
i know it does seem unfair and unfortunately thats what these brands require. at the end of the day whatever we do good or bad it reflects upon dermalogicas reputation.

i hope i havnt upset or offended anyone and that it clears a few things up
xx

the dermalogica rep for the salon i used to work didnt even come out - the salon rang them, said they were opening up a beauty room, ordered a load of stock - that was nigh on 2 years ago and the rep has not to this day been out, doing stock checks or anything else! not slating them or disputing what has been said, just sharing my experience!

just checked with a local distributor/training centre and Decleor DO supply mobile therapists, check out DECLEOR - Official Website

Wow this is so good to know a nice exclusive product

May have to invest in a range with them

Please don't take this the wrong way because offence is certainly not intended :hug: but I think certain brands of cosmetics see their product as being 'cheapened' by mobile therapy IYKWIM? I think some cosmetic companies like to maintain a certain amount of exclusivity by deciding who uses and sells their products and who doesn't. I know they don't like too many salons in one area carrying their brand.

If you were to go mobile in an area where there was, for example, already a Dermalogica Salon, then your service would detract from the exclusivity for Dermalogica being offered by the salon. Does this make sense? HTH. Clarins are exactly the same, in fact a therapiust has to have a certain square meterage of salon space to use and retail the products including a big window display. Can't say I would want CLARINS hanging out of my home salon window.

My old boss has dermalogica in her salon and got it because dermalogica originally said that they dont like too many salons .... etc.

Well a month after she opened her salon the salon down the road from her only 2 mins walk in fact started to stock it as well. She asked her dermalogica rep what was going on and she said that the old policy no longer applied!

Trish :hug:

I use Moor spa products fabulous and customer service is fantastic

Hi there- Decleor does not supply to home salons or mobiles. This email was sent to me in November (I do not include the full email) I to originally thought they did but when I was put in touch with the new business development manager I found out it was not the case.

"Please note that we only supply to salon, selected department stores, health hydro and Spas, NOT home based, mobile therapists or online retailers."

Details of your enquiry have been forwarded to the Regional Development Manager for your area. Claire Wilson can be contacted on 07976 694516 or via e-mail area6@decleor.co.uk

Hi there,

Just to let you know that I use Susan Molyneux and their products are very good. I get lots of repeat purchases on them. Have to say though the training's a bit hit and miss depending who you get. When I had training in Cheltenham it was very good but when I went to a smaller venue it was a bit hurried. Hope this helps.:)

Just had an email from Dermalogica stating that they do not supply to mobile therapists and that you eiter have to have a room or work from home for them to supply to you. What do all you mobile therapists use?

xxx

Can you not just temperarily set up a room at home ???? They do not seem to send reps now unless you spend a shed load of money per annum !!!!

Declear (cant spell it !) is a no no as it is area based
Priadara is ok for what it is as i used to use this, but if you have used Dermalogica in the past there is no comparison :)
Good luck x

I used to work for Decleor and I am very sure they are not supplying to mobile or home based salons.
They also have some conditions for the salons who wants to stock Decleor like minimum 2 treatments room, shower etc

Something else I am concerned about with choosing Dermalogica is the availability of the products online at heavily discounted rates. For example some companies are based in Jersey, so no VAT instantly discounting the pricing. I know some Dermalogica therapists do well with Retail sales, however not as well as they used to do since they are now finding more and more of their clients are having treatments, getting product recommendations and then going home to buy them online.

Something to take into consideration for anyone looking at Dermalogica, or any other Skin Care range.

Mat

:)
I tried lots of different ranges when I first started doing facials and I have to say that I found priadara from ellisons fantastic!
UNTIL
I was sent some samples from Moor-spa and their range is absolutely lush!!!!! The products themselves are fantasic for all skins and I have really sensitive skin and im hooked myself!
The products smell great and look the part too.
I am just recovering after a long illness but am just getting back into the business and I will be definately ordering from Moor-spa.:)

Yes or they will purchase them from ebay.:irked:
I see you can even buy 'salon only' producst from ANY company you want ( Dermalogica, Elemis,Decleor etc).

just to say that the jersey comany sell vat free - BUT that doesn't stop your lovely posting charging you at the door!!

Also ebay is a massive problem for all companies not just dermalogica!

Becki xxx

Yes they told me they do, plus she said to me that if I did use there products mobile then salon account holders in the area are sure to find out and tell Dermalogica lol. She was quite mean to me really!! xxx

Yes they told me they do, plus she said to me that if I did use there products mobile then salon account holders in the area are sure to find out and tell Dermalogica lol. She was quite mean to me really!! xxx

I knew a few mobile therapists that bought the retail products from a supplier and then used them in there treatments. They just didnt advertise the fact on paper xx but if you want to be above board and retail as well you will have to look at other brands hun.
What about the new range from grafton international called comfort zone they were voted skincare supply of the year if you ring grafton im sure they will supply you with samples
hth
lv jo xx

I have tried a few things from the comfort zone range - the lip scrub is awesome! and I really liked the branding. Might give them a try - anyone else use this range? How does it compare to dermalogica?

Latest posts

Back