I'm Such A Failure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
after all this time - 10 weeks, and i have smoked ciggies tonight - i had 1 last night too. last nights ciggie was awful, but tonights i quite enjoyed, still think they awful tho and stink bad. im putting it down to how down im getting by the weight gain - im going back to smoking cessation on tuesday tho - i know this is gonna sound so stupid but i really DONT want to go back on the ciggies, but i just couldnt help myself.

oh noooooo, you were doing so well.

dont worry, just think of it as a lapse, just a temporary hitch. you'll soon be back on track.

and dont worry about the weight, i'm a right fat cow but i smell nice :lol:

Hi, please don't be so hard on yourself, to have not had one for all that time is fantastic but just put it down to a slight re-laps, tomorrow is another day so just try again. I have tried to quit soooo many times and have only ever suceeded for a few weeks at the most. So this year I decided not to have a new years resolution to give up as I didn't want to set myself up for more feeling of self failure and depression.

Where are you getting cigarettes from. Chuck them away now where you cant get to them or put them in the sink and pour water on them.
They are not a treat so dont think you deserve to have one you don't .You are a non smoker now you cannot ever have just one.Thats the big mistake.
Tomorrow you are that non smoker again and you will never ever let a cigarette even go between your fingers let alone between your lips.

I keep reading its a lapse you cant lapse never ever ever let another fag pass into your hands ever.
I was told this from someone who nearly died from smoking and his words were you can never ever have just one in the same way as alcoholics cant have one drink and it is true.I havent smoked now for about 16 years although i still could.

Last edited:
dont be too hard on yourself hun you are still a non smoker you just had a few ciggies
most people go back to smoking cos they think they have failed but keep it up hun cessation will help too as they will help you understand why you wanted that ciggy last night and be aware of it in the future

i had a relapse once and got the help and been clear for 7 months now ( god i sounded like a junkie then) lol

you can do it babe

dont you dare put yourself down!!!!!
Its hard work and you need to take each day as it is......get back on track tomorrow....go get yourslf some chewing gum and some more patches and start again.
Most people have some kind of temp. lapse at some point.....you just gotta get back on track as soon as you can

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

No, you're not a failure; a momentary lapse back onto the fags can be just that if you don't keep coming back for more and more fags.

Strange that they have such a weight loss effect though???

Ruth

A few years ago I found myself reaching for Paul's ciggie on a regular basis and gave it some thought, not the why I was doing it but the did I really want to do this.
Did I want to be a smoker again, having to leave shops to have a ciggie itching for the film to end at the cinema so I could go out for a ciggie, kissing the top of my daughters head and smelling my ashtray. When you list the reasons why you stop, its a lot easier not to start again, its only when we don't listen to ourselves that the problems start.:lol:

hiya sweet

You are most def not a failure, You are one lady that I personally look up to as one of the most fantastic nail tech's about today.
So you had a set back !!!!! That was then think about Now!!!

I know you can do it You havent got a ounce of failure in you, Your strong willed and I know you can beat this.
I totally understand re the weight Gain. I stopped smoking and now im gone from 8st to 11st Im now doing something about the weight gain but Ive also put my weight gain down to hormonal issues too.

YOU CAN DO IT I HAVE FAITH IN YOU !!!!:hug:

Oh dear, well first off you are NOT a failure!! :hug: You are human and all humans are subject to mistakes...Don't be so hard on yourself! Pick yourself up and jump back on that horse. You'll be fine babe, you have geeky support behind you 110%!

hun its mega hard to give up smoking :hug: dont be so hard on yourself , you had a blip but you know you dont want to smoke anymore so you will be fine just get back on the wagon and keep riding :green: xxx

Be brave, chuck them out, take a deep breath and STOP again.

Or you may end up like me:cry:

Life is not easy Hun....we all makes mistakes along the way.....the worst thing you can do is beat yourself up about it.....

Tell yourself you had a bad time and that you can do it again......you done it for 10 weeks huni xxxxxxxx we have faith in you xxxxxxxxx:hug:

Dont be hard on yourself hun ,be proud of what u have done so far ,good luck :hug:

You are allowed to fall off the wagon sometimes you are only human. I admire you that you've done 10 weeks that is amazing. I don't smoke but if I had to give up alcohol it would be so hard.

You aren't a failure not one bit. Get some support from those that can help you.

Well done you deserve praise. Don't beat yourself up love.:hug:

Look at it as a temporary glitch ... you've demonstrated you have the willpower, so you know it can be done.

Be strong Glynis, you've come too far not to try again.

:hug: xx

Hey Glynis, come on girl - no need to make it harder for yourself than it already is. You have gone TEN WEEKS! You had already given up. Put out those fags and move on.

I can never really desire to smoke again cause I know I would be back to 40 a day in a sec with my whole world revolving around those cigs, wheezing, smelling foul and feeling like a lepper.

I know it is not nice putting on the weight when you give up the cigs but, honestly, I'd rather be a plump (or very plump in my case!) non-smoker than the skinny smoker that I was. I may look bigger but I think I look healthier and better. You can always address the weight issue once you get those fags out of your system hun. One thing at a time.

COME ON GLYNIS - YOU CAN DO IT HUN! Don't give up giving up xxx:hug::hug::hug:

Hun i remember how hard it is ok so just don't worry.

I know what you mean about putting the weight on, i was ok until i'd been stopped 6 months then the cravings hit me.

Just think about what you are putting in your mouth! :lol: But i used to find that i had to have something to do with my hands as i was so used to having a smoke.

I never used gum, made me crave more, try putting toffee in the freezer and when you are craving the evil ciggi go get a bit, takes ages to eat and makes your jaw ache.

You'll loose the wieght once you have finally quit hun.

Proud of you for stopping :hug:

thanks girls - im in a better frame of mind today - and havent even thought about them till i read this thread.

thanks girls - im in a better frame of mind today - and havent even thought about them till i read this thread.

ah see, it was just a temporary lapse.
well done glynis.:green:

Latest posts

Back