Little things that annoy you about clients!! lol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooohhh..

Why is it when you reach for one hand, they pull that one away and offer the other one???:irked::rolleyes:

WHAT is up with that weird phenomenon?

Clients that have read through a full price list of my retail products then want to spend 30 minutes discussing their skincare routine & ask for advice on products that would be most suitable to improve their skin type etc etc. then say - I'm not paying that much when I can get (insert name of some cack) for £3.50 down superdrug.

you have sat done full manicure painted all there nails even applied top coat and gloss "i dont think i like the colour" aaahhhhhh:mad: why not say after first few nails when i ask do you like the colour. also tanned a client who wore shorts and te shirt as was loose clothing even thow was raining:irked: you just gotta laugh

When I'm painting nails I ask after a couple of nails if they're happy with the colour. I would feel awful letting a client go out the door with nails they're not happy with, even if it's only the colour that's bugging them.

As for the tan thing I keep an old pair of black track suit bottoms with a drawstring waist for just such an occasion as you mention. I've had several very grateful clients this summer when the heavens have opened and they came unprepared! You can get them very cheaply from Primark etc, so it doesn't really matter if you don't get them back, but I find that clients return them when they come for their next treatment.

clients who turn up for their appoitment with a cold/ chest infection.

who bring their brats with them.

flap their hands about to dry their nails after you have told them to interlock their fingers and sit still. ( they end up knocking one for you to repaint )

dont listen to aftercare advice.

wealthy clients who want discounts from treatments ( can you go into a restautant and order lobster salad but ask for a discount?? )

turn up for a pedicure with very smelly and dirty feet. ( would you turn up at the dentist without cleaning your teeth?)

constant fidgeting and touching of their nails after you have prepped them for nail extensions

oooh yeh.. this one!!! aarrrggghhh!!!!! clients who flick through your diary to see when they can come in next

i can go on a bit more!!!!! ill leave it to the rest of you!

I have no problem with clients showing up with whiffy feet; they just sit with their tootsies in my footsie bath for a couple of minutes, and on we go.
If you don't want people flicking through your diary don't leave it where they can get to it!
I have a salon policy precluding children because of "insurance and health & safety considerations"
Don't get sniffy about people asking for a discount, simply offer them a "value added" extra, like a little solar oil, or a free foot massage, etc.

Mostly my clients are absolutely lovely, but there is one thing that bugs me....one of the girls came in for a manicure with me and had her hair done by the hairdresser for her prom.

At this precise moment the heavens opened, thunder, lightning, the works, so i loaned her my own umbrella, cos she had to get out of the car at her house too. She won't give it back!!

I don't think its on purpose, lol, i think she is honestly just that forgetful but still this was June, last year!

Drives me crazy when a client:

Tries to anticipate my next move and moves her hand in that direction. They are usually WRONG!

Has hands so rigid (I keep saying, 'relax, relax') that I almost need a death grip to move their hands to the position I need them in. After a client like this, MY hands hurt!

Keeps looking at her fingers as if inspecting my work(makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong).

Before I'm done with a service saying something like, "there's a little jagged edge here...' I explain (NICELY) that I'm not done, yet.

They can drive us batty but where would we be without them. :hug:

As for the tan thing I keep an old pair of black track suit bottoms with a drawstring waist for just such an occasion as you mention. I've had several very grateful clients this summer when the heavens have opened and they came unprepared! You can get them very cheaply from Primark etc, so it doesn't really matter if you don't get them back, but I find that clients return them when they come for their next treatment.

I did this similarly with a pedicure client and lent her a pair of my flip flops but haven't had them back yet. I haven't even heard from her! I used to do regular waxing and mani/pedi's on her but maybe she's either embarrassed or just so attached to my cheap £4 flip flops that she can't face me :lol:

Sarah. xx

Great thread!!

NO1 has to be not turning up for an appointment and not calling to cancel.I had an appointment booked in last week. When there was no show after 15 mins i called the client to see if they were just running late. The person who answered said 'no this is not 'JOE' and i don't know where he is......aaahhhhhhh:mad:

That and stiff hands ....owh!

If they only new ....:) well i guess now they do ha ha !

I have no problem with clients showing up with whiffy feet; they just sit with their tootsies in my footsie bath for a couple of minutes, and on we go.
If you don't want people flicking through your diary don't leave it where they can get to it!
I have a salon policy precluding children because of "insurance and health & safety considerations"
Don't get sniffy about people asking for a discount, simply offer them a "value added" extra, like a little solar oil, or a free foot massage, etc.

we dont allow children in the treatments rooms anymore, but the salon we work in is also a hair salon, so some clients will bring them in.

as for discounts for wealthy clients, our salon is the cheapest in the area and we use excellent products and offer a grt service.

the diary bit happens when ive got it in my hand, thats when the clients leans over the reception desk and starts thumbing through!! it is a bit naughty!! never mind!!!! all in a days work!!

I forgot to mention the dreaded cell phone...theirs, not mine. Good grief...like you can't go an hour without it??????? :eek:

Well as someone who now does finally have a real paying client I can say its a client who when you are applying polish will not keep her hand still! She was trying to watch what I was doing and kept tipping her hand up to see :rolleyes:

Well as someone who now does finally have a real paying client I can say its a client who when you are applying polish will not keep her hand still! She was trying to watch what I was doing and kept tipping her hand up to see :rolleyes:

When they do that, I usually say (with a smile and a chuckle, to keep it light and not sound like I'm criticizing them).
"ummm I'm pretty sure that I need to see your nails to do them....I could try to do them blind, but not sure you'd like the outcome". and/or "you're paying me to do nice nails right? Ummm not sure how they'll turn out when I can't see them" and I chuckle.
Often I'll give them my hand to hold and tilt my fingers like they're doing..
And they go "ohhhhhhh I see, or rather I don't?" and they laugh.

BUT YEAH, it drives me bonkers. :lol:

a member of my family (she knows who she is but never comes on here) always applies fresh make up before coming to get her nails done, her last appointment was at 8 at night - fresh make up lol! and after putting tips on she taps her face and gets foundation and eyeliner alover them aaarrrggghh i told her if she does it next time im gonna tie her hand to the back of the chair. sisterly love aaww:lol:

pet hate which happens alot with new clients is i ask them once they've sat down if theyd like a drink and they say there fine then half way through once weve got chatting and feel like they know me
"actually would you mind if i have that cuppa" hmmmm. of course i smile sweetly! do they think im gonna spike it or something?

love this thread made me realise my clients ARE NORMAL he he

the ones that do a pretend pant when they waltz through the salon door making some lame excuse about being stuck in traffic when you noticed them 10 mins before chatting outside the salon window to a friend they bumped into whilst your waiting on reception getting more and more peed off :mad:

Clients who expect an EVEN BETTER than PROFESSIONAL look or moan about the quality even though I have explained that I am only training at the moment.

Clients who pick a nail polish wait till Ive finished the whole hand or foot and then tell me they don't like it.

Clients who phone up ask how long the treatment is going to take and then when they come in expect it to be done in 5/10 minutes because they are on a parking meter and don't want a fine :|

OMG! I've had such de ja vue reading this and thanks for starting this thread.

When I worked in salons I had a client that insisted on washing her eyelash tint off herself......bugged me at first but then I got used to it.

Men are the worst & the biggest babies to have as waxing clients, they look at you as if you told them that waxing doesn't hurt (so I learn't early on not to make eye contact until I had finished waxing them).
They would make their appointments during their working day, come in all dirty, then go back to work, after you have told them time and time again about waxing after care and expect their skin not to react.
When you are waxing their back and they twist and turn to see what your doing......the amount of times I have almost whacked! a guy in the head is unbelievable! I suppose if I actually did hit them, they would learn.

I have a client at the moment that constantly ask's me "what I am doing, why I am doing that" and then suggests better ways (they think) of doing what I am doing......"excuse me! when did you become the expert and why am I here?" When I am finished doing the treatment they way I have always done it, they say "That's great! even better than the last time".

These clients don't really annoy me, they make me laugh because I know that they are doing this to everyone they come in contact with.

My biggest annoyance is clients that treat you with disrespect and think they are above you and how could our industry be a real job.
If only they knew!!!!!!:wink2:

The obvious one would be when clients dont turn up/are very late etc.
Clients who after their treatment get their bits together and forget to pay so i have to feel embaressed by saying ' oh that will be XX amount please

Suprisingly thats all i can think of right now lol

the ones that are never able to keep an appointment. They almost always call just shy of the 24hr notice, so they don't have to pay the late cxl fee, and reschedule.
ERrrrr

OR

You make sure that your hours are available on your site, on the wall at your desk, by email and by print when handed to them. It clearly says 'do not call outside these hours'.
YET they still do and will call and call and call on your day off and not leave a message.
IT'S NOT A DAY OFF IF YOU'RE HARASSING ME:!::!::!:
(and it's always the same ones:rolleyes:)

I can NOT wait until I have a separate space AND a separate phone line for my business!!

but.......... all in all... I DO love it!
hehehehe

Latest posts

Back