How do you combat aching feet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zo Zo

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I guess this is a question for beauty therapists and hairdressers really...

I have been getting the most terrible aching feet, they are literally throbbing when I go to bed at night. I have finally given up my pretty Monsoon flip flops and bought myself some sturdy and supportive Clarks shoes for work. (Not very sexy!) :eek:

Anyhow, I am full today, started at 9am and will finish tonight about 8.30. Already my feet are aching! And I'm not even half way through the day yet!

I was pondering changing my shoes halfway through the day - I remember someone who worked split shifts recommending this, saying you shouldn't wear the same shoes all day and evening.

Any ideas, guys n gals?

gel orthotics are very good at relieving the pressure on your tootsies.
Also, try rolling your feet over a golf ball. It helps to kind of unlock all the tight bits.
:)

while standing on your feet all day does play a part in them aching, i wonder if its actually because you are dehydratyed. dehydration can actually cause emmense pain in legs and feet.iv'e experienced it! do you drink plenty of fluids throughout the day, preferably water?
its just a thought hun. hth

I have been getting the most terrible aching feet, they are literally throbbing when I go to bed at night.

Anyhow, I am full today, started at 9am and will finish tonight about 8.30. Already my feet are aching! And I'm not even half way through the day yet!

Any ideas, guys n gals?

Book in at the lovely Andy's for a scrumptious foot massage.

My hubby was hobbling about the other night and he pleaded with me to massage his feet.. which I did on this occation and he said how much they were improved the following couple of days.

If I lived closer I would swap like for like Zoe... I would adore for a lovely foot massage of an evening after a long day in the salon... :hug:

Give yourself a foot scrub and then massage in some foot lotion to the bottom of your foot with some strong, deep pressures at the end of the day. It really helps, mentally and physically! :hug: I would think the flip flops were adding to the discomfort as they probably had hardly any cushioning.

invest in a massaging foot spa for when you get home..gel arches for putting in your shoes..worked for me ...a tennis ball comes in handy during your breaks for rolling your feet arches on.

I had the exact same problem, and no matter what I did only one thing worked.... orthotics. I went to a or chiropodist (or podiatrist) and had custom made inserts for my shoes made.

It means I can't wear just any shoe, but when I'm on my feet all day I wouldn't dream of not wearing them. In the summer I wear Mephisto sandals also recommended by my chiropatist. Again, not the most fashionable but their arch support gives me the same relief as my custom orthotic.

My feet used to be on my mind all the time - how I could sit down to avoid pain and like you they would throb all night, but now I don't even think about them - no pain!

Lay on your back on the floor with your legs up the wall.

mmmm I have always found the best cure after a long hard day is to take a hot shower....flop down on my favorite chair in the lounge, put my feet up with a nice glass (or two)of wine and switch on the telly and watch Nick Knowles doing his stuff on DIY SOS for a change instead of me...

Oh and a large Cadbury's fruit and nut strait out of the fridge to hand with the dog snoring (sometimes from both ends :eek:)on the rug in front of the open fire.

During the day this doesn't actually help my poor sore feet but it certainly gives me something to look forward to :hug:

mmmm I have always found the best cure after a long hard day is to take a hot shower....flop down on my favorite chair in the lounge, put my feet up with a nice glass (or two)of wine and switch on the telly and watch Nick Knowles doing his stuff on DIY SOS for a change instead of me...

Oh and a large Cadbury's fruit and nut strait out of the fridge to hand with the dog snoring (sometimes from both ends :eek:)on the rug in front of the open fire.

During the day this doesn't actually help my poor sore feet but it certainly gives me something to look forward to :hug:

OMG what a boring old fart ive become :eek::eek::eek:

I've got a cafe as well as a beauty salon, so I'm never off my feet (often for 15 hours a day in the summer !):irked:
I've found ' Fitflops ' & I'm walking on air. My mum (74) is a convert too :rolleyes:
They're the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, and I've tried them all - Clarks, Scholls, Romica, Ecco, Hotter, MBT etc etc.
Fitflops also give the added benefit of toning the legs & bum.
They may not be for everyone as they have toeposts, but they have a 'spongey' sole and come in a variety of colours (I've just bought sequinned ones for my hols) Because they show off my toes, I get to show off my nail art too.
I got them from Fit Flops, women's sportswear, Sports bra, women's running clothes, yoga clothes, women’s gym clothes, running shoes -Running Bare / Atla
HTHs

I've got a cafe as well as a beauty salon, so I'm never off my feet (often for 15 hours a day in the summer !):irked:
I've found ' Fitflops ' & I'm walking on air. My mum (74) is a convert too :rolleyes:
They're the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, and I've tried them all - Clarks, Scholls, Romica, Ecco, Hotter, MBT etc etc.
Fitflops also give the added benefit of toning the legs & bum.
They may not be for everyone as they have toeposts, but they have a 'spongey' sole and come in a variety of colours (I've just bought sequinned ones for my hols) Because they show off my toes, I get to show off my nail art too.
I got them from Fit Flops, women's sportswear, Sports bra, women's running clothes, yoga clothes, women’s gym clothes, running shoes -Running Bare / Atla
HTHs

ohhh they look comfy angela ..it's inspired me to get a pair

It all comes down to the correct shoes and orthotics if you need them. Buy the right type of shoes and you'll be fine.

Flip flops have zero support for your feet.

I wear a pair of Docs. Best shoes I've ever had for work.

Thank you to everyone who has replied to my thread. I am going to try ALL of your suggestions! :hug::hug:

I spend most of my day working barefoot - love it! Each morning I put some Aloe Vera Gelly on them - helps keep them fresh and stops them smelling all day. Then occasionally if they are a little achey I generally have a ball or something to roll them with.

A tennis ball is good, or an Omni Roller - the holder stops it running away from you, personally I love the KnuckleBaller (5 little balls together feel delicious on your feet and over your toes).

Mat xx

that mirrors my life...chocolate, wine dog chair....diy sos....for 2 reasons and not diy...too laugh at billy and letch over nik...in that we may be different pmsl

Latest posts

Back