Little things that annoy you about clients!! lol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotus blossom

Reaction score
just ben reading pro beauty magazine, and it had a poll in there about what annoys you most about clients

i have searched and couldnt find if this has been done before
if it has sorry, but lets do it again lol:hug:

mine is clients who turn up for pedicures, with their full winter shoes on,!!
yes i do sell them disposable flip flops but most of them dont know that until i suggest it!!!

another is tanning clients who arange to go home after their tan wearing skinny jeans or socks and full shoes or a really tight vest top!!

or the manicure clients who want to know if they can use their nails fully as soon as they leave, then moan and come back as theyve smudged it!!

what do you all have as bug bears??

Clients who put their mobile phones on the manicure table and then it rings non stop throughout the appointment so that you have to keep stopping and starting, they never apologise and just yank their hand away as soon as it starts and you can see the other clients looking at you to see what your reaction is! xx

clients who turn up late and don't apologise, or cancel at the last minute without a reasonable excuse.

I mark these things on their record card.

If a client turns up late, I don't mention that I will finish at the proper time, ie they get whats left of their appointment. Not one has complained although I have seen them looking at their watches pointedly.

myne are clients who have nails off i allow 30 minutes for a infill and have a new client every 30 minutes too and i always tell them to ring if they have more than 2 off.. it really annoys me when they turn up with about 4 off.. in the end ill stick the nails on and not infill them.. im not running late for anyone!!!

Oh and (whilst im ranting) the clients who expect you do be at yhe salon 24 fooking hours a day when i say i can't get u in.. I CAN'T GET U IN!! i am not staying later and yes i do have things to do..

ooh im over now. x x x

Clients who don't show up are top of the list, of course lol.

Clients who won't relax their hand and give me cramp in mine.

Clients who begrudge paying for replacement nails but who use theirs as screwdrivers, won't wear gloves and forget to oil.

Clients who ask to use the toilet after I've polished their nails . . . (I'll just wait five minutes and then I'll be alright to use the loo won't I?" - DUH!!

I'm sure I'll think of more, give me five . . . :lol:

lol
keep them coming!

Clients that don't show....
Clients that ring 3 mins before their appointment and tell me they can't make it ...

Clients that like to put on tight vest tops after spray tanning.. or winter boots and tight jeans annoy the hell out of me!!!

:hug:

Clients who ask me if I can do their nails on say for eg, the monday...but they will pay me on the thursday :grr::irked::mad:
Would they walk into a salon and ask that !!! me thinks not :irked:
And clients who sit and moan about their bills, and how skint they are the WHOLE time...not in a genuine way...but in a "I am hinting for a discount" way...yes I can tell the difference !!!

I have no money tomorrow, do you think asda will let me take my shopping if I offer to pay them at the end of the week ?

top of my list and a BIG grumpfest is clients who book appointments and don't show up ..leaves me fuming when my genuine regular clients want the slot .:mad:

clients who are late and i don't mean minutes they expect you to wait...they never ring to say why their running late and turn up expecting their treatment .:irked: happened to me several occassions until i had enough & had words . i note it on my appointments book under a 3 strike rule..they understand now & are never late .

mobile phones during their treatment..ARGGH! ...annoying:irked: i ask them politely to switch it off.

gets me fuming when after a luxury pedi they put their socks and shoes back on when ur back is turned and moan when they get home it's a bit smudged and expect you to re-do them.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I get upset when clients try to strongarm me into changing other people's standing appointments just so they can have the exact time they want. I don't worry anymore about last minute cancellations, they have to pay me 25.00, or they can't come back!

Clients who ask me if I can do their nails on say for eg, the monday...but they will pay me on the thursday :grr::irked::mad:
Would they walk into a salon and ask that !!! me thinks not :irked:
And clients who sit and moan about their bills, and how skint they are the WHOLE time...not in a genuine way...but in a "I am hinting for a discount" way...yes I can tell the difference !!!

I have no money tomorrow, do you think asda will let me take my shopping if I offer to pay them at the end of the week ?
I get this so much, I was starting to think I was just being paranoid but they really do hint, sometimes I am embarrassed for them. LOL

Because I work from home people tend to think that its just a hobby for me to do their nails and just turn up 15mins late. I work during the day so I only have 1 or 2 clients a day and have now started saying if they are late that I cannot offer the treatment they wanted as there is not enough time before my next client, that usually does the trick and hey presto next time they are early.

Ones that say: I'm going to have to cancell I'm not going to make it, I'll call you when I get home to re-arrange. This happened on thursday, I'm still waiting! Fair enough I suppose, for all I know she's walking back from London!

Ones that you give all the advice for a spray tan for and then turn up with a full face of make up and say, Ohh yes I had a good moisturise this morning!

Those that say, Oh I didn't think the glitter would turn out like that?! Making me feel bad, even though they asked for it!

Polish clients that keep touching their hair, removing wedgies, picking their nose/ears, getting crap (that I'm not in the slightest bit interested in) from their handbags. And need re-painting, again!!!!!

Ring ring...hello how can I help you?

Well im thinking of starting up in spraytan and am ringing around for samples (fair enough)

Ok so can I take your name and addy and I will happily send you some..by the way you said that you were thinking about spraytanning..is that correct...erm yes.....ok so how will you apply the tan then??/

erm.......well cant you just wipe it on with a sponge??:eek:

Clients who look at tips before I've cut them and say 'ohh, has anyone ever kept them this long?'

Clients who smoke to the point that the cuticle coming off their nails is brown.

Clients who wont relax their fingers.

Clients who think they are my one and only client and my appts can revolve around them......

Plus, plenty of the above, lol!!!

Those who pick their ears, nose, teeth etc or sneeze into the hand I've not got round to doing yet - there are tissues next to the table!

Those who turn up with dirty fingernails! If I was going to get my nails done - I'd clean them out first ffs!

Those who are constantly trying to pull their hand away so they can see what you are doing:irked:. I just say - You are paying me a lot of money to look at your fingers so you better let me see them.

Those who can't make up their mind on what colour polish/glitter/nail art etc, then make a decision & just as I'm about to do it change their minds for a different colour!

Those who insist on using their mobiles/texting etc whilst I'm doing a service.

I can't think of anymore atm!

Clients who look at tips before I've cut them and say 'ohh, has anyone ever kept them this long?'

Clients who smoke to the point that the cuticle coming off their nails is brown.

Clients who wont relax their fingers.

Clients who think they are my one and only client and my appts can revolve around them......

Plus, plenty of the above, lol!!!

Do they think we've never heard this before? Drives me barmy!:green:

Defintly for me its clients who dont show up to there appointments but when they start doing it more than once and marked out for an hour iv started to say to the reception ask for a desposit cos they have wasted hours of my time -(but in a nice way)....

And customers who put there bags on the Table - one of my customers not looking throw her bag on to the table to get her mobile out and smash on the floor was my acrylic pots well you can imagine how happy i was -but she just laughed and said ee sorry :mad:
eventually she said ee ill pay for the damage laughing again ... so mad by clients like this so i asked her to remove her bag from the table...

:confused:

i hate clients who annoy mee!!!! eg this morning

its against the law not to use a tanning acc in a sunbed :grr:

I gonna report you!!!

But at the end of explainign his cream i got a massive sorry :lol:

to be honest with you clients using their mobiles doesnt bother me one bit, i only ever do one hand at a time, so i leave them their other hand just for this purpose
it allows them to get on with their business, and me to concentrate and not have to talk to them lol

great comments by the way!!

its a wonder we are all sane!!! ( or are we???)

What annoys me is clients who think because you are mobile and home-based that you can do their nails at anytime of the day or evening, yup, we must just sit around waiting for their call! :irked:

Oh and clients when you have just done all their prep say they need to go to the toilet :eek:

Latest posts

Back