Manicure & Spray tan together...can it be done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldengirltan

Reaction score
HELP! I've got a booking on Saturday for one of my clients that normally only has a spray tan, she's asked if I can give her a manicure at the same time as the spray tan appointment.

Can this be done? If so do I avoid the hand and arm massage so therefore I would only be giving a standard manicure? And do I get her to wash her hands after the manicure so when I spray tan her there is no creams or oils left on her hands and then paint the nails after??? Please help!! I don't want to disappoint her because she's one of my fav clients!

Also just so I know for future ref, what is the procedure for giving pedicure and spray tan together??

Thank you x :hug:

Personally I wouldn't do the 2 together as you would be cutting down on one treatment to do the other i.e. the hand and arm massage IYKWIM. Also the possibilities of splashes onto tan etc are pretty high.

Can you not get her to have the tan the day before and then have the manicure on Saturday?

Others may disagree but I would say try not to do anything at the same time as a tan.

HTHs

It is better on a different day but I have done it. I did a hand massage with the moisturiser that I use as a barrier cream and just kept to her hands. Then I spray tanned and then squeeked the nails and applied polish after she had dressed. It is risky I guess, but it worked out fine. :hug: But to be on the safe side if she can have it done the day after as said before this is preferable.

If you did the arm massage the day after the spray tan would this make the tan fade at all or would it be fine? x

If you did the arm massage the day after the spray tan would this make the tan fade at all or would it be fine? x

As long as the colour guide etc has been washed off and the tan has fully developed it shouldn't affect the tan at all - I encourage clients to moisturise to prolong their tan.

To do a file and polish with a spray tan would work x

It is better on a different day but I have done it. I did a hand massage with the moisturiser that I use as a barrier cream and just kept to her hands. Then I spray tanned and then squeeked the nails and applied polish after she had dressed. It is risky I guess, but it worked out fine. :hug: But to be on the safe side if she can have it done the day after as said before this is preferable.

This is what I have done in the past, with no problem. I have also done a pedi pretty much the same way without a hiccup! I agree that it is best to not do on same day, but some people just want to take the chance.

I too would offer a file & polish instead of the manicure so the client can have both the same day,
file & polish first then the spray tan hth

I used to offer a mini manicure when doing a spray tan on the same appointment. It included cuticle work, file and buff then polish...no massage and no moisturiser cream.
Never had a problem HTH

Hi

I do the same as Weezie said, if she's asked for the same day then she probably cant do another time. Just explain it will be a hand massage and not arm as well, if you explain why she'll understand. I then get to the painting stage, ask them to get ready for tan, tan them, get them to pay for everything, get keys etc out and then paint. Its worked well the times I've done it.

The pedicure thing is the same, just feet, not leg massage.

I have a cream chair and always put a towel over it thought - tanned chairs are not nice!

Becki xxx

I've never had a problem combining the 2 full length treatments...
Do a full manicure, but don't paint the nails, and gently towel off any excess cream you have on the hands or the arms.
Then spray tan...then, once your client is dressed, squeak and paint her nails.
I do this all the time, and can honestly say I've never ever had a problem :)

Hope that helps!

The problem is letting the polish dry too - unless you painted them after the tan.
Either way your at risk of ruining the tan on the hands.

It can be done - but you must be very careful.

Thanks everyone for all your input, its really helped! Gonna give both a try on Saturday, let you know how I get on, fingers crossed!! :D

Latest posts

Back