Ruby red slipper tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilly T

Reaction score
To try to get into the christmas spirit I decided my nails just weren't christmassy enough.. I have been dying to do some red glitter tips since I saw Geeg's tutorial on here.

Have done this using the reverse application technique.. I took my white zone 1 down and sculpted a new zone 1 in red.. slipped up on a couple of them as the glitter is in zone 2 on a couple..

I LOVE the red glitter tips! They look FAB! :)

Their gorgeous Gilly. Lovely bling for the Xmas season!

These are lovely Gilly, very Christmassy :hug:

They are lovely:)

Love them, Sooooo Christmassy, like the pinkie done in different colour.
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

These nails are simply gorgeous!

However, personally I would have preffered the the pinky in red glitter as well and moved the holly down slightly so that the red gems were not too near the smile line.

anne xx

Last edited:
I love them, did you mix the red glitter with NSI powders?

Lovely would love to have a go at them but will have to wait well next week, fell down the stairs last night and have hurt my shoulder so having a rest lol and I was sober tut :)

i love these they are gorgeous.what a fab idea for xmas.youve done a great job once again.xx

You have done really well with these Gilly,
they look great,
i bet you get sick of them though when all your clients copy you lol
but they should get you plenty of customers, :hug:

Thanks everyone, glad you like them. Didn't know if they were a bit OTT.

UKred... yes this is just red glitter mixed with clear attraction powder.. lovely colour isn't it?

Anne23.. I know what you mean about the pinkie but this is a gel sculpt and I am loathed to take it off as I'm seeing how I go with gel infills and rebalance on it. Only trained in gel about 4 weeks ago. It was squoval but took it down and reshaped it to fit in with the red tips. Yes, I think the holly is looking a bit too near the free edge now isn't it? :)

You're right Louise... I've just got a booking off these tonight off my sister in law. And my gold glitter toes too. So pleased things are getting a bit busier for me, eventhough I had a cancellation for a full set and a set of gel toes this evening. grr..... but not to worry. All is good :hug: :hug:

Just wondering if someone could give me some feedback on the ratings... Any input at all will be useful as I want to improve as much as I can. :green:

Just wondering if someone could give me some feedback on the ratings... Any input at all will be useful as I want to improve as much as I can. :green:
You have nothing to worry about, you are doing great, these are lovely and you pointed out your own mistake with the glitter,
use a separate brush and dappen dish to avoid the glitter getting where you don't want it hun,
i gave you
3 for length because it is a nice length
3 for shape because it suits the hand
3 for side walls and edges because i think they are very neat
3 for the apex placement (didn't take much notice to be honest but it didn't stand out as wrong lol)
3 for your smile line, they are nice and neat
4 for use of colour because they are pretty lol
3 for originality, would have given you more but i have seen these 100s of times (not always as nice as yours)
5 for design because you added an element with your 3d holly,
hth

you are doing really well and must have practised your backside off to get so good so quick :hug:
ive just remembered, you have great hands and nails to work on too so that helps to learn that bit quicker too ;0)

You have nothing to worry about, you are doing great, these are lovely and you pointed out your own mistake with the glitter,
use a separate brush and dappen dish to avoid the glitter getting where you don't want it hun,
i gave you
3 for length because it is a nice length
3 for shape because it suits the hand
3 for side walls and edges because i think they are very neat
3 for the apex placement (didn't take much notice to be honest but it didn't stand out as wrong lol)
3 for your smile line, they are nice and neat
4 for use of colour because they are pretty lol
3 for originality, would have given you more but i have seen these 100s of times (not always as nice as yours)
5 for design because you added an element with your 3d holly,
hth

you are doing really well and must have practised your backside off to get so good so quick :hug:
ive just remembered, you have great hands and nails to work on too so that helps to learn that bit quicker too ;0)

Thanks for that Louise... Have been practicing loads, much to the detriment of my left hand :lol: :hug: :hug:

UKred... yes this is just red glitter mixed with clear attraction powder.. lovely colour isn't it?

Yeah, I want some colours like that, I mixed opal shimmer with black thinking i'd get a black glitter but got dark green glitter LOL. Where did u get the red?

Yeah, I want some colours like that, I mixed opal shimmer with black thinking i'd get a black glitter but got dark green glitter LOL. Where did u get the red?

Yes, I've tried it with black. I'm not particularly keen on the opal shimmer in a colour, prefer it in very small quantities in clear, it gives a little shimmer instead of full on green.

I got this glitter from hobbycraft in a pack of six little vials. They have two packs with different colours in each and they also have the same colours but of the little glitter dots too. They were the best buy ever really because I ended up with twelve different colour glitters and matching dots. Much cheaper than anywhere else and there's red, pink, silver, like a gun metal grey, black, white, lime green, dark green, blue, purple, gold erm... think there's another but can't remember, possibly another blue.

It does go silver if you file it though so needs capping in clear... you've got to have a go, it's so much fun to see your work when you put your topcoat on. I was really excited when I saw how christmassy they looked.

Thanks everyone, glad you like them. Didn't know if they were a bit OTT.

Anne23.. I know what you mean about the pinkie but this is a gel sculpt and I am loathed to take it off as I'm seeing how I go with gel infills and rebalance on it. Only trained in gel about 4 weeks ago. It was squoval but took it down and reshaped it to fit in with the red tips. Yes, I think the holly is looking a bit too near the free edge now isn't it? :)

You're right Louise... I've just got a booking off these tonight off my sister in law. And my gold glitter toes too. So pleased things are getting a bit busier for me, eventhough I had a cancellation for a full set and a set of gel toes this evening. grr..... but not to worry. All is good :hug: :hug:
I'm totally amazed that you only trained in gel 4 weeks ago and I certainly would'nt take them off as all your nails look beautiful. I just meant that for me I would have had my pinkie red as well. thats just my choice for what its worth. I think you probably get more notice cos the white pinky as a contrast will stand out, which is fab for business. I actually like the placement of the holly as it is, what I meant was if it had been a red smile line the holly gems would need to be further down so that you see the design and not fade into the red glitter, iykwim. Can't wait to see more of your work!

anne xx

Loving the glitter, smile lines are great, pinky is adorable.

Well done, Hun, real Christmas nails)))

Well done for posting:hug:

Hey why didnt my comments show ??? :irked: I said they looked FAB, FAB, FAB. X

Latest posts

Back