Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be ordering the store rack as soon as poss. If anyone has an inkling of price, please pm me. I will need to work out service pricing too, any ideas are welcomed as I'm not a nail geek, and rely on nail geeks for help and guidance.

Hi Dawn, you'd probably get the answers you need by emailing Samantha (Mrs Geek) I would imagine they will be working on service costings at sweet squared, if they haven't sorted it already. Lou x

Service costings have already been worked out for you depending what type of salon bracket you fall into ... Please contact [email protected] which is the right channel (as you would expect) to get the information you want... not salon geek.com.

Here's a little clip on shellac.

Wow, Thank you so much for that link!
The video answers most of our questions, I cant wait for it to be launched, roll on May.

If anyone knows the prices of the kits, would you please, please PM me as I am dying to know.
Also does anyone know roughly what is recommended to charge for a "Shellac Manicure"?

It is so exciting I cant wait! xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Thank you so much for that link!
The video answers most of our questions, I cant wait for it to be launched, roll on May.

If anyone knows the prices of the kits, would you please, please PM me as I am dying to know.
Also does anyone know roughly what is recommended to charge for a "Shellac Manicure"?

It is so exciting I cant wait! xxx

Yes, your distributor Sweet Squared know the prices of the kits and the recommended charges for the service depending what type of salon you are in. 08452106060

This system sounds amazing! I think I'm coming back into the industry at an exciting time and will have to try this out, especially on my sister in law who can't get past 24 hours without chips to her polish!

funny-pictures-sad-cat-blackandwhite.jpg

The show I was planning on going to has sold out. I will have to wait to see Shellac.

funny-pictures-sad-cat-blackandwhite.jpg

The show I was planning on going to has sold out. I will have to wait to see Shellac.

Well roll on the pennies for Shellac))) I love that pussycat)))

Hi,

I have only had my demo nail done with this so I have not been trained on using the product yet but for those lucky few (Geeg) etc who have already been using it? Do you think the nailfresh trick will work on the white? Im just thinking that my polish smile lines arent the best (have only been doing nails since my CND Foundation course in November) and this trick has helped me so far but dont know if it would work with shellac??

Just a thought.

Thanks for reading.:biggrin:

At the risk of wsounding really green, can I ask what "the Event" is?

Do you think Shellac will be good for Hairdressers with their hands in water so much?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shellac will be perfect for hairdressers .. water won't make any difference.

Geeg, would you do me a favour? next time you are at the hairdressers, would you dab a little tint on, see if they stain. That is always my problem with polishes etc!

Geeg, would you do me a favour? next time you are at the hairdressers, would you dab a little tint on, see if they stain. That is always my problem with polishes etc!

I'd be glad to. That would be tomorrow!!! lol

There are 2 packs... the Salon Rack and the Store Rack (much bigger). We launch at The Event on May 1st & 2nd. See www.sweetsquared.com for Event details or call S2 for more details on the racks.;)

Hi

Can anyone advise me: if shellac is not a gel then what do you call it, what about if a client asks what it is, am I correct in saying that it can be cured under my brisa lamp. Does anyone know the cost of the shellac and how much to charge people. Thanks. Abi

Hi

Can anyone advise me: if shellac is not a gel then what do you call it, what about if a client asks what it is, am I correct in saying that it can be cured under my brisa lamp. Does anyone know the cost of the shellac and how much to charge people. Thanks. Abi

Just another question, is this only for natural nails rather than over tips, or can it go over gel or l & p. Thanks in advance. Abi

Just another question, is this only for natural nails rather than over tips, or can it go over gel or l & p. Thanks in advance. Abi

Shellac combines the best of gel with the best of polish. If you read through this thread carefully it will answer all your questions doll.

It does not launch till May, so no one apart from S2 knows the price. Why dont wait till launch and keep the excitement:D

YouTube - Jan Arnold CND Shellac Global Education 2010

:D

Right, Dawn, I just got home from my appointment thismorning (8:15 :zzz:) and I asked Georgette to apply a little tint to my Shellac .
She told me to tell you she used 03 with 20vol peroxide (which I gather from her is a dark brown in a strong solution and she said she would always wear gloves when applying it) but we thought it was giving it a fair test to use something strong. We left it on the nail for 15 minutes and then removed it with a towel and some water.

The tint has left a slight stain but the surprising thing to me, is that it hasn't removed the shine at all. I really thought it would dull the shine if nothing else. I would say, that if you wore the Rouge Noire colour of Shellac, you would not notice anything at all. I am wearing a bright coral red Shellac.

So yes, a strong tint will leave a slight stain but it actually looks like a shadow in the colour rather than a dirty great stain. It's there and I will be re-doing the Shellac on that nail as I'm leaving for the UK and a training tomorrow .. however, if I weren't I'd probably just leave it as it is not that noticeable. So I hope that information is useful to you and all the other hair artists out there who may be interested. Choose the right colour and a light stain wont be apparent and the beautiful shine will not be marred.

Hi,
I've just been reading some of the posts about CND Shellac. I trained on a 1 day man and ped & 2 day enhancements course at Sally's last year (I wish I 'd had longer to train!) but would that count as adequate for CND or not please?
Also when and where will the May show be please
thanks all! I'm excited!!!!!!!!:lick:

Back