So, what was on your dinner table this Christmas day???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collin

the original not the fake
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Im one hell of a lucky guy cos I get to have two Christmas days as Britta celebrates Christmas day on Christmas eve :eek::hug:
So yesterday we had our first Christmas dinner when Britta cooked up a storm with her roast beef

Today its my turn so im cooking up a rather good looking Duck(well I guess he/she was once :eek::lol:) with all the toppings and flavoured with orange peel gratings and a nice sauce...while I was doing that I sneekly bunged in a gammon joint to cut up cold tomorrow for our cold platters we love to tuck into after Christmas day.

Gone off Xmas pud to a certain degree although it is my favorite so im doing it this year with a bit of a twist by taking some puff pastry and splodging in the good old mince and rolling it like a Swiss role...bung it in the then and serve it with custard and cream...yum yum yum..(having spiked it a little with some brandy of course LOL)

That's us ...so what did you have for your Christmas lunch

I am still cooking mine lol. May have the turkey done by 6pm, family are moaning they are starving, have offered them bags of Frazzles, but they didn´t look too impressed:lol:. Still they can´t moan too much as it´s my birthday:lol:

Gone off Xmas pud to a certain degree although it is my favorite so im doing it this year with a bit of a twist by taking some puff pastry and splodging in the good old mince and rolling it like a Swiss role...bung it in the then and serve it with custard and cream...yum yum yum..(having spiked it a little with some brandy of course LOL)

I saw this done on the F word the other night Collin, it looked rather nice (for those who like mince....can't stand it myself!!)

Our Christmas Dinner was cooked, as always, by my hubby.....I've not been allowed in the kitchen all day....:)

We had the usual turkey, gammon, stuffing, 'pigs in blankets', roast potatoes and roast sweet potatoes, veg and nice thick gravy. With some nice Bucks Fizz to wash it down. No room for pudding!!! But do have an M&S yule log ready to go later!!!

Got friends coming round tomorrow, so I will be rustling up a buffet and will make a traditional sherry trifle.

I am still cooking mine lol. May have the turkey done by 6pm, family are moaning they are starving, have offered them bags of Frazzles, but they didn´t look too impressed:lol:. Still they can´t moan too much as it´s my birthday:lol:

well its a BIG happy birthday to you today then ...WTF are you doing cooking Xmas dinner on your birthday....YOM should be ashamed of himself LOL:eek::lol::lol: :hug:

Well, I've eaten it and had to go & lie down for a bit!!!!!!!:lol:

We had for starters - smoked salmon & prawns in a homemade marie rose sauce.
Main Course - roast turkey crown & stuffing, pigs in blankets, roast pots & parsnips, sprouts, broccoli, carrots, mash, bread sauce, cranberry sauce. I couldn't eat it all! Washed down with iced cold Cava.
Then for afters (which I'm trying to find some space for) non of us like christmas pud, so we have a mahooosive profiterole cake & double cream, to be followed by cheese & biccys with nuts, grapes & port!

I'm guessing I'll find room for my 3rd & 4th courses tomorrow afternoon sometime.!

When you stand there and cook it all, it tends to make me lose my appetite somewhat.

We had a nice roast beef dinner with all the trimmings and a cheeky bottle of red wine,
we didn't do pudding, no point as we wouldn't have been able to eat it lol :lol:

For lunch we had cold roasted chicken, xmas ham, potato salad and green salad, followed by pavlova and strawberries. For dinner we had roast lamb, more xmas ham, sauteed potatoes, and green salad and dessert consisted of more pavlova with strawberries and chocolate chips. Oh and a fair bit of Rose and red wine was consumed too.

We had a massive feast of cooked meats, prawns, smoked salmon, sausage rolls, etc drank lots of bucks fizz then ate trifle, chocolate puddings and cheese and biscuits.
We do the 3 course roast tomorrow Mmmmmmmmm

well its a BIG happy birthday to you today then ...WTF are you doing cooking Xmas dinner on your birthday....YOM should be ashamed of himself LOL:eek::lol::lol: :hug:

Arr bless you hon! Tbh, when I come back to England, apart from Christmas Day I do not cook, clean, or anything, son and lil bro wait on me hand and foot lol.

Eventually we had a tradditional Christmas lunch, followed up by a surprise Thorntons Birthday cake for me! Me thinks I have gone up 2 dress sizes :eek:
:hug:

Caroline

Turkey and trimmings, pudding from fortnums and a bottle or two of Bolly. Perfect.

We had the traditional christmas dinner...!! Yummy :) Today we have roast beef and all the boxing day trimmings..........oh and more pressies!! Wooohoooo!!! xx

We decided not to have traditional so sister cooked lunch and when I gets there it turned out to be traditional after all, it was lovely though. We had toast and pate to start. Main - turkey, roast potatoes, carrots, sprouts, roast parsnips, cauliflower cheese, stuffing and pigs in blankets. I provided desert which was a very nice Belgian chocolate cheesecake and cream.

I had to have my Christmas dinner in three sittings however cos I have a small appetite. I mean I was like theres no way im gonna eat all that! One at sisters at around 3.30pm, then second about 8pm left overs warmed up for supper and pudding about 10pm LOL and no I hadnt been picking all day just had a bit of brekkie at about 10 am :eek: :lol:

anne xx

Traditional christmas dinner cooked by my wonderful mummy! Gorgeous.

Felt rather sick after mind you. On average a person puts on 5lb at christmas, as i'm an exceptional person i think i'm aiming for 10lb, lol.

How is it that i can feel completely full all day but cannot stop eating! turkish delight here, after eight there, a couple of quality street won't hurt ...

Lookout body, the gym will be calling in 2010!

Chicken Rogan Josh down the curry mile in Rusholme - lovely! Very bah humbug of me I know.

Ours wasn't particularly traditional, but it was yummy! Sonia found a gorgeous venison joint on special offer a few weeks ago, so we snaffled it and put it in the freezer for Christmas; we had that on Christmas day, along with "pigs in blankets", roast veg, sprouts, and braised red cabbage - yummy!!!

Then for Boxing Day, we had my brother and his wife and my mum round, and we had one of Sonia's fantastic king size salads, with the rest of the venison, smoked salmon, egg and cheese!

We had a Baked Mac, Fried chicken, cakes, and lots of more. It's too many to mention. What important is me and my family really had a great Christmat this year.:)

My son has his Norwegian girlfriend Cecilie here for Christmas so we showed her a good old fashioned Christmas dinner. She loved it, especially the sausagemeat, sage and onion stuffing. We didn't have a starter though and we were all too full for pudding, we finally had that last night :lol:

We went the traditional route, obviously with the works, but thought I would post today to let everyone know that the turkey leftovers have all gone!! Yesterday night I knocked up a really lovely pie, with puff pastry crust. I mixed in the chestnut and mushroom stuffing with the gravy and bread sauce leftovers (have to make a 5 gallon bucket for my lads) and added the turkey and some chunks of Christmas ham. Fantastic !!!

Just starting the Christmas cake this morning, Nigella Chocolate fruitcake, super soggy. My waistline is suffering already. Diet starts in the new year as I have until January 2011 (my 50th birthday) to loose a third of my body weight......... might have a shortbread while I plan my new regime! ........ burp

Wishing all of you a wonderful, happy, healthy and wealthy 2010. xx

Okay, I have one question for all you Brits--what is a pudding? I know what it's NOT (the American version of chocolate pudding in a cup. :D), but what is it exactly?

I ate a Christmas Eve dinner with my parents--toasted cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. YUMMY. Then on Christmas, we pretty much just had snacky foods, no big meals. The big meal happend the next day, with honey glazed spiral ham, scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole (made with white sauce, NOT cream of mushroom soup! YUCK!), and lovely lovely pumpkin pie for dessert. I am still full, a week later. :D

Okay, I have one question for all you Brits--what is a pudding?
Is the same a dessert. The sweet stuff eaten after the main meal :green:

Latest posts

Back