stopping smoking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To everyone who's on Champix, how you all doing?
I'm on day 3 and haven't cut down atall, should I have??
I'm planning to stop totally onTuesday.

marie flower, thats ok - you smoke as you would normally for the first week, its the 2ND WEEK that you actually give up. you choose a day during the 2nd week to pack in, so you got from day 8 - 15 to choose from.

i decided to pack in on day 8 (to get it over with really), aint smoked since, and stopped taking the champix the following week (this was only because I FELT i didnt need them, and I was right) youre not supposed to tho, but me being me and all that. i have had the odd occasion where i thought, oh i could do with a fag, but i just think of summit else then im fine again.

you WILL BE OK marie, have faith in yourself flowerpot :hug:

marie flower, thats ok - you smoke as you would normally for the first week, its the 2ND WEEK that you actually give up. you choose a day during the 2nd week to pack in, so you got from day 8 - 15 to choose from.

i decided to pack in on day 8 (to get it over with really), aint smoked since, and stopped taking the champix the following week (this was only because I FELT i didnt need them, and I was right) youre not supposed to tho, but me being me and all that. i have had the odd occasion where i thought, oh i could do with a fag, but i just think of summit else then im fine again.

you WILL BE OK marie, have faith in yourself flowerpot :hug:

i think its really great that you have kept going glynis. i bet its not always easy.

i'm going to ask a question, that i hope wont offend anyone. please bear in mind that i have never smoked, not even 1 cigarette. so i am genuine in my question.its not smokers i dislike, its smoking.

do smokers not realise how they smell.
i ask because i have a client who i really like, but i dread doing her nails.
her nails smell, her clothes smell and her breath smells, and shes always coughing and has a bad chest too.
i feel sooo guilty to feel like this about her as she is a really nice and genuine lady but i am sometimes on the point of gagging when i do her nails.

when smokers turn away from the dark side :lol: do they think other smokers pong.?

i think its really great that you have kept going glynis. i bet its not always easy.

i'm going to ask a question, that i hope wont offend anyone. please bear in mind that i have never smoked, not even 1 cigarette. so i am genuine in my question.its not smokers i dislike, its smoking.

her nails smell, her clothes smell and her breath smells, and shes always coughing and has a bad chest too.
i feel sooo guilty to feel like this about her as she is a really nice and genuine lady but i am sometimes on the point of gagging when i do her nails.

when smokers turn away from the dark side :lol: do they think other smokers pong.?

:hug:

I quit almost seven years ago... and My husband has just got the prescription for Champix ( he just has to go get if filled now!!):rolleyes:

When I am doing my clients nails, I certainly do know who the smokers are!!
First because I can smell it on them and also no matter how long they stay in the bathropm washing their hands, I can still smell it on them..

P.S.
Like they say... there is nothing like a reformed smoker to point out another smoker!! LOL

Sincerely;
Janet

certainly not offended flower - but i know where you coming from - smokers stink to high heaven, i could never smell it before, but by god i do now, and it absolutely stinks, i dont allow smoking in my home now cos of the smell. it knocks me sick.and to be honest i didnt think that smokers stank (when i was one) but they do now.

certainly not offended flower - but i know where you coming from - smokers stink to high heaven, i could never smell it before, but by god i do now, and it absolutely stinks, i dont allow smoking in my home now cos of the smell. it knocks me sick.and to be honest i didnt think that smokers stank (when i was one) but they do now.

I suppose it's like garlic, in the way that you can't smell it on yourself after you have eaten it but others can..

Never mind Garlic jaqui, hows the no smoking going?
I don't know if anyone else whos on them is noticing side effects but I am getting up on average 4 times a night to go to the toilet so I'm wrecked through the day and I'm really bad tempered.

Never mind Garlic jaqui, hows the no smoking going?
I don't know if anyone else whos on them is noticing side effects but I am getting up on average 4 times a night to go to the toilet so I'm wrecked through the day and I'm really bad tempered.

Well I haven't given up totally yet but I am down from about 30 a day to 13 today..... Not great but I'm getting there..

As for side effects, the only thing that has happened to me is waking up at 5 o clock in the morning of day 2 with a really bad headache which was so bad I ended up vomitting.... there has been no side effects since.

Well I haven't given up totally yet but I am down from about 30 a day to 13 today..... Not great but I'm getting there..

As for side effects, the only thing that has happened to me is waking up at 5 o clock in the morning of day 2 with a really bad headache which was so bad I ended up vomitting.... there has been no side effects since.

got thats awful, you poor thing. well done for cutting back so much, i hope you keep going.:hug:

jaquie dont worry hun i took longer too to give up and think i was still smoking at 3 weeks but then almost overnight i didnt touch another
i remember my last one though i actually wreatched when i had it
its been 6 months now and dont regret it

i know what everyone is saying about the smell as i went over to my friends house the other day and he had the window open and i could smell it even though i was outside and he was inside lol

keep up the good work everyone it is a habit that once you can master for a little while gets so much easier

Just wanted to say well done to all of you, I wish I could get hubby to want to stop:cry: he says it the only vise he has left, I walk in my own home at the end of the day and all I can smell is his fags:irked:

Well girls, today is my quit day and it's been pretty good so far....

I've haven't had any today, it's usually the first thing I do in the morning before I put the kettle on but not today..:lol:

The girls at work said they couldn't believe how chirpy I was because people giving up are usually grumpy.

Hopefully I can carry on and eventually say I'm a non smoker.......:)

WOOHOO Well done Jaqui, so pleased for you, keep up the good work.
I started taking two of the stronger ones today and felt awful this morning, had to cancel appts and go back to bed.
I'm due to stop tomorrow so fingers crossed I do aswell as you Jaqui.

Never thought i'd see the day when I would stop smoking Marie......
So you have picked Day 9 a your quit day then, good luck with it, it's alot easier then I thought it would be....

I waited till day 12 to stop completely.

It was Liam (my son) who suggested it, we both started them the same day so we naturally went for the same stop day........

Steve(hubby) went to his doc's for them but they said there were too many side effects and wouldn't give them to him so he was trying cold turkey at the same time as us but by half 5 he had bought a pack of 10....

I have found myself counting how many he is having, since half 5 (3nd half hrs) he has had 5 and it stinks.........

I haven' had one since Oct... always been a 'have one with a glass of wine'... but none at all... the breathing aspect is amazing... I really do feel better! :!:

thats brill jacqui, well done, keep it up, its gets easier aswell

I haven' had one since Oct... always been a 'have one with a glass of wine'... but none at all... the breathing aspect is amazing... I really do feel better! :!:

go girl - just have to get your mum and my "big sis" to stop now eh :hug:

go girl - just have to get your mum and my "big sis" to stop now eh :hug:
Yeh Glynis but didn't you know... accordingto her 1/2/3 per day isn't so bad (yeh I guess al DR's are wrong:lol:).. and she has far more than that now but just refuses to admit it! :rolleyes:

Yeh Glynis but didn't you know... accordingto her 1/2/3 per day isn't so bad (yeh I guess al DR's are wrong:lol:).. and she has far more than that now but just refuses to admit it! :rolleyes:

maybe we have to drum into her how BAD she smells :lol: (after a ciggie that is of course)

maybe we have to drum into her how BAD she smells :lol: (after a ciggie that is of course)

my 8 yr old uses this method...

points finger and chants...SINK BOMB, STINK BOMB, I KNOW WHERE THE STINK COMES FROM !

that should get the message accross.:lol:

Well done everyone for giving up.

I'm now on day 22 as a non-smoker using Nicotinell Gum and normal chewing gum. Breathing tons better and even when I did have one, I didn't enjoy it and threw it away after a couple of puffs. Don't even have a notion for one now.

When boss comes in after having a ciggie I feel really sick with the smell that follows him into the office. Boy does he stink.:irked:

Keep it up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back