stopping smoking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to see my doc the other night about Champix and he wouldn't give it to me :eek: :eek:

Not for any health reasons etc, but he said I gave you Zyban when you asked for it and you weren't committed enough, so I won't give you Champix !!! WTF ????

Will try and track down a smoking clinic and see if they will be willing to give it to me.

Marlise

your joking.......my sis and her hubby are going to docs this week...her hubby has had zyban so if he says no to him...he will say no to me....so i would have to do the same as you hun....they go on about stop smoking ...then wont give you the blinking things.HONESTLY....good luck marlise hun xxxx

do you just pay the rpice of a prescription then if you get it off yor doctor?

only to buy a 2 week supply its £99.99!!!!! so i would think the dr's have to be careful about not giving it out left right and centre, as its highly expensive

please dont take this the wrong way hun, all i meant was maybe he isnt allowed to give it out in a certain time period to someone who has already had another stop-smoking treatment, but if you go back and show him how serious you are and explain that youve been reading up on it and feel its really for you, maybe he will be able to sign you up for it?

good luck anyway

<<<non smoker for 4 years , gave up with will power, but still crave a puff even now, never have though :rolleyes:

anyone that int on champix but is thinking of trying it be very very caereful. I was on it in may last year. started really well, managed to pack in, felt really sick most of the time and put it down to the tablets getting in to my body and me getting used to them. Throughout the weeks this carried on and progressively got worse. Then I began having panic attacks. Horrific panic attacks to the point where we were on holiday and i couldnt bring myself to go out at night as the anxiety kept overcoming me, i couldn't do it. We went to wembley to watch england twice and ended up missing both matches having spent the time in the medical room. I lasted 11 weeks on champix but I feel they have ruined my life. I still have panic attacks on regular intervals and I cant help thinking that it is connected. I am getting married in may in the dominical republic and am dreading going. Now I am not saying that if I hadn't been on champix that this wouldn't be happening but its very very coincidental. Please think long and hard about the side effects :hug:

oh you poor love. fortunately i havent had any side affects what so ever, but my sister in law feels shaky and sick sometimes. im sure by may you will be back to normal flower - i sure hope so, i want to see happy wedding pics :hugs:

your joking.......my sis and her hubby are going to docs this week...her hubby has had zyban so if he says no to him...he will say no to me....so i would have to do the same as you hun....they go on about stop smoking ...then wont give you the blinking things.HONESTLY....good luck marlise hun xxxx

personnally i wouldnt bother going to the doctor, go straight to the smoking cessation clinic (thats what i did) and told them id already tried the patches, gum etc. (basically i lied thro my back teeth) and i got the champix with no prob at all

oh you poor love. fortunately i havent had any side affects what so ever, but my sister in law feels shaky and sick sometimes. im sure by may you will be back to normal flower - i sure hope so, i want to see happy wedding pics :hugs:

I hope so to.its driving me mad now, ruling my life i tell thee!:hug:

please dont take this the wrong way hun, all i meant was maybe he isnt allowed to give it out in a certain time period to someone who has already had another stop-smoking treatment, but if you go back and show him how serious you are and explain that youve been reading up on it and feel its really for you, maybe he will be able to sign you up for it?

Hi Nicky,

I tried Zyban 4½ years ago !!

Basically, my doctor is very old fashioned and stuck in the dark ages.

He's really good in the sense that if you need an appointment, you pretty much can see him the same day or next, but he really has a thing against "modern remedies". He's a strong believer in doing things yourself and naturally (willpower / mind over matter etc.)

Will go to a clinic and see if they will be willing to give it to me.

Marlise

I went to doctors this morning but I didn't see the doctor.... When I phoned I asked for an appointment to see about stopping smoking.

The appointment was with a healthcare assistant who went through everything with me, I told her I had tried patches, inhaler, gum and lozengers (I have really, they didn't work for me) it was her who recommended Champix before I even mentioned them.

I am starting them tomorrow, wish me luck...

I went to doctors this morning but I didn't see the doctor.... When I phoned I asked for an appointment to see about stopping smoking.

The appointment was with a healthcare assistant who went through everything with me, I told her I had tried patches, inhaler, gum and lozengers (I have really, they didn't work for me) it was her who recommended Champix before I even mentioned them.

good luck huni ....keep us informed how it goes xx

I have champix stored away in my cupboard ready to start.
I'm waiting till I get hypnotised aswell so I can sort of double up with more chance of it working.
My doc gave me them straight away. He wants me back a couple of weeks after I start them to check my bp and to see how I'm getting on.

GOOD LUCK !!

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Marlise

I have champix stored away in my cupboard ready to start.
I'm waiting till I get hypnotised aswell so I can sort of double up with more chance of it working.
My doc gave me them straight away. He wants me back a couple of weeks after I start them to check my bp and to see how I'm getting on.

me and my family done hypnosise.....it worked for week ...we still all smoke...my friend done it and it worked so good luck...xx

I will be smoke free for 2 years this march. I tried everything, tablets, patches, accupuncture, I had probably attempted to quit about 10 or so times before I succeeded, and the thing that finally worked for me?

Cold Turkey

I would never have believed it, but I read the Alan Carr book (is it Alan Carr? I thought he was a comedian?) Anyway, Alan whatever his name is, he wrote a book which as a hypnotherapy type thingy, he guarantees that you read the book, smoke whilst reading it, and when you finish the book, you'll never smoke again. Well, I normally dont believe in such "mumbo jumbo"., but here I am still smoke free nearly 2 years on, and absolutely not one bit of desire to smoke, not even amongst other smokers!

WORD OF WARNING: been smoke free now for nearly 6 weeks (tuesday coming) and ive now got the MUNCHIES -BIG STYLE,,,,,,,,,,,ive put about 7lbs on . all im doing at the moment is EAT.ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING. ive gone from eating a large wholegrain yoghurt a day + a few extras to , EVERYTHING IN SITE.

BE CAREFUL - i have to go on a bloody diet now.......................

Well done on the 6 weeks mark G :hug: As for weight gain, well, im still carrying round the 2st i gained from quitting 16 months ago.!!

The reason we eat more is a mixture of needing to put something in the hand in place of the cig, also you appreciate food more, feel, texture & taste, all things that i personaly didnt notice as a smoker. For me as a smoker food was something you ate to survive but now because i can taste food more i appreciate what its about and have to try everything lol savouring every mouthful & more :green:

Well done on the 6 weeks mark G :hug: As for weight gain, well, im still carrying round the 2st i gained from quitting 16 months ago.!!

The reason we eat more is a mixture of needing to put something in the hand in place of the cig, also you appreciate food more, feel, texture & taste, all things that i personaly didnt notice as a smoker. For me as a smoker food was something you ate to survive but now because i can taste food more i appreciate what its about and have to try everything lol savouring every mouthful & more :green:

but i dont want to ....................................i cant put weight on - its the wieght or the fags - i had this prob last time i gave up (24 years ago) it was the weight gane that made me start again

well its only week 3 for me and i am naturally small and am using patches..but weight gain as i understand it is similair to puttin fuel into a car?? You put too much fuel in eg. sweets, carbs and dont burn it off eg. exercise daily then it stays on the hips etc.
Are you snacking healthily on veges etc and exercising Glynis every day?
Sometimes the evil old voice of needing a fag can disguise itself mate and sabotage you big time...eg putting on weight, must smoke again.
No offence intended, just me being straight up.
At least its sunny in aus and easy to walk miles every friggin morning 6am:eek:
UK must be freezing but at least the gym could be the answer???

I know the feeling gylinis i have had to start wearing joggers cant get in anything im small to start with so now i look huge with all the weight i put on.Last i sed oh im putting too much weight on so i started back again this stopped me eating for a couple of weeks then after that i was eating and smoking so cant win really.This time im going to try harder to keep not smoking untill i can get my head aroung the weight thing.Hope you can sort it out dont start smoking again you will regret like i have,persiver a while longer your eating patter may slow down soon hopefully good luck xx

well done sweetie i stopped 6 months ago using champix and feel bloodt great i will never go back to smoking now ( i hope)
ny partner too stopped at the same time as me but my 19 year old son still smokes outside and reeks when he walks past lol
i too have put on loads of weight and actually love food now and my baby is 10 months old now so cant blame it on the baby blubber anymore so ill have to start going to the gym
( so lazy as the gym is behind my house lol)

To everyone who's on Champix, how you all doing?
I'm on day 3 and haven't cut down atall, should I have??
I'm planning to stop totally onTuesday.

Latest posts

Back