stopping smoking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fiance & I both need to quit. I always have sinus headaches & he has a chronic cough. You would think that would be enough to discourage us from lighting up, wouldn't you? That's how addicting these nasty things are. I've decided I'll quit first & put up with his "DT's" later!! He's tried Chantix but I don't think he was ready to quit yet. I hope I'm as successful as you!!:rolleyes:

Well I haven't had a ciggie since 8pm last night and it hasn't really bothered me. Mind you I walked (or speed marched) the dogs through the park for 3 hours this morning. They're now 2 inches shorter but I feel fab.
Fingers crossed this is it.

Well I haven't had a ciggie since 8pm last night and it hasn't really bothered me. Mind you I walked (or speed marched) the dogs through the park for 3 hours this morning. They're now 2 inches shorter but I feel fab.
Fingers crossed this is it.

yey - well done marie - keep it up - it gets even easier as the days pass

Come on girls how you all doing?
I'm on day 4 and haven't had one, have fancied one but haven't gone as far as thinking of buying some.
I'm well chuffed with myself.
Hows it going jaqui?

well done marie - and you didnt think you could (at the start of it) - im at 8 weeks (on monday) - and theres still the odd time i fancy 1, but as soon as i smell someone that smokes, that sharp changes my mind

well this got burried for a while, so im bumping it back up -

how are the newbie "stoppers" doing~? jacquim, marie111, and any others

im still not smoking - 10 weeks now, tho i have had the odd puff, its awful, but had to have that puff to reinstall just how bad it actually was.

Well Done you...............:hug:
Do they have medication to make me reject chocolate ? LOL

Hiya,
I just wanted to say I'm on day 2 of champix and will officially be a non smoker from the 9th of march:)
Peter Pan keep up the good work you are an inspiration:hug:

Unfortunately I'm back on the dreaded fags, just a hiccup though, I take it you haven't read my last blog glynis.
Probably one of the worst times of my life and to top it all off my uncle has died today, don't think this month can get any worse.

well this got burried for a while, so im bumping it back up -

how are the newbie "stoppers" doing~? jacquim, marie111, and any others

im still not smoking - 10 weeks now, tho i have had the odd puff, its awful, but had to have that puff to reinstall just how bad it actually was.

Well it's 5 weeks today for me G..... I still don't know how I have managed to quit, I must admit I did have a couple on the day we had to move out of our house.

oh marie - soooo sorry hun - maybe when there is less stress in your life you will manage. and jacqui - well done, im at 3 months now but -i too have had a few fags also, but this is due to the weight gain, loads is a understatement, tho i dont have any fags during the day, only at night with a drink, and no i wont stop having a drink, i need some sanity lol

hows is everyone doing with this?

It's almost 6 months since I've given up. Besides a couple of little hiccups, one teenager related, the other caused by city driving, it's been relatively easy.
I still want to light up when ever someone else does, but it passes.

None of my jeans fit me anymore. I'd put off buying new ones, but couldn't live a jeanless life any longer, so I went and bought a new pair yesterday. Size 9...........I think I can live with that.

I'm still smoking.
Sorry, but that's life. Or death as the case may be.
I'd rather be thin (ish) and smoke than be fat and miserable.
Can't do it again and become that large person.
That large person wasn't happy.
BUT!!! I wish you all the best of luck xx

I'm still smoking.
Sorry, but that's life. Or death as the case may be.
I'd rather be thin (ish) and smoke than be fat and miserable.
Can't do it again and become that large person.
That large person wasn't happy.
BUT!!! I wish you all the best of luck xx

why is smoking and weight gain related? is it because you nibble on things without realising, such as extra helpings of dinner, or snacking inbetween meals? :)

I started Champix on Monday and therefore my quitting date is on monday 17th! I am a little scared (i know it sounds silly). The weight thing has kept me from trying to stop for a long time. But i figure if i put on some weight i can lose it again!!!(I hope). Peter Pan i was wondering how you are getting on. Do you find it hard around smokers? Are you still on Champix?

Hows everyone doing?

Me and hubby booked up at doc's wed morning.......hoping to go on champix........my sis gave up on champix last thursday.........fingers crossed everyone xxx

Peter Pan i was wondering how you are getting on. Do you find it hard around smokers? Are you still on Champix?

unfortunately im back on the fags full time again, theres been too much going on for me to deal with, and i couldnt manage to cope with it all, i am going back for the champix again tho on next tuesday, cant go tomorra as i have a job interview at the time the clinic is on. i gained nearly 2 stone, that in itself didnt do me any favours................... ive got one load of garbage sorted, and now im gonna have to get the weight thing sorted (again) once i get back on the champix. i was a size 10, im now size 14.

Latest posts

Back