Sweets you ate when you were a kid

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

San

Reaction score
Just been reading the vices thread and it got me thinking about the sweets you used to eat as a youngster.

I used to love cherry lips and floral gums. You can still buy them but they aren't the same now.:cry:

Also, what about space dust, pacers and those licorice pipe things?

I love old sweets, google it but Im sure the site is called something like village sweet shop.

I loved the white chocolate cones with sprinkles on top, and the popping candy that fizzed in your mouth. My Nan always gave me Parma Violets, I used to hate them but I felt I had to eat them!!!! lol!!!

As I am very old - Lucky Numbers and Spangles.

The salon that I sometimes work sells sweets for charity.
It's a good idea obviously because it is for a good cause.
It also lets me and Ant eat loads of yummy sweets that we wouldn't otherwise think of buying.
Mine are for the kids of course:lol:
charity sweets
It's along the lines of this and they come in and refill the box as needed.
I got a bag of white mice last week and they were just like the ones I used to eat...Rachel only let me have 2 though.

We had a 20ft Traditional Sweet Trailer last year...had to sell it...I ate everything.....

I remember Spangles too....Mojos, Black Jacks, Fruit salad, Cola Cubes....

I'm a foodie!!!

Sherbet tubes
Mojo's
Fruit Salad
Space dust (that tingled and jumped on your tongue!):lol::lol:

ohhh don't ... i love the old sweets...

have a look at this....http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/...nymore.html?highlight=sweets+you+ate+as+a+kid

and .. http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/...u-grow-up.html?highlight=sweets+from+the+past

there are websites on there where you can still buy them....yummy...!!

I miss coffee walnut whips...
ooh coffee walnut whips were my favorite but the spoilsports stopped selling them :cry: :cry: :cry: we should start a campaign to get them back

Nutty bars.

Like a fudge bar covered with peanuts, why can't they bring them back?:cry:

Pop Rocks!
Coke caps
Dots

love them love them!!!

As I am very old - Lucky Numbers and Spangles.

Ahhhh spangles ( but they used cut your tongue) and galaxy counters, loved them :)

Just been reading the vices thread and it got me thinking about the sweets you used to eat as a youngster.

I used to love cherry lips and floral gums. You can still buy them but they aren't the same now.:cry:

Also, what about space dust, pacers and those licorice pipe things?

Oh no dont mention floral gums i ate that many i was sick didnt smell horrible tho it wsa a nice smell lol havnt touched them since.

I liked cop cops

cough candy twist

Pinapple cubes / cola cubes

Yorkshire mixtures

Spangles
Tootie Fruities - Mainly the pink ones

aw i wish i hadnt read this i am getting all hungry and have a overwhelming urge for invalid butter toffee (gorgeous) and white bon bons , lol

I love parma violets!! Space dust, cola cubes, spangles and I used to get this chewing gum which was square and it had liquid in the middle but I can't remember what it was called!

Teri x:hug:

Curly Wurly
Cough candy
Mint creams

I am so old I don't suppose any of them exist now.

Curly Wurly
Cough candy
Mint creams

I am so old I don't suppose any of them exist now.

Adele, these are all still going strong, pm me address and I'll send you a curly wurly, I buy them all the time!!:lick:

Adele, these are all still going strong, pm me address and I'll send you a curly wurly, I buy them all the time!!:lick:

You are really lovely but I don't like sweet things any more:hug:

You are really lovely but I don't like sweet things any more:hug:

No me either!!(Don't mind a turkish delight now and again though) I've got a fridge full and can't even give 'em away :lol: .

Only joking, my kids eat them and my fellas partial to a bit of chocolate although he blames the kids for eating it all the time, never him!!:rolleyes:

Does anybody remember Quiz Bars? They were in strawberry, banana, chocolate and spearmint flavours. Long thin bars of chewy stuff with a general knowledge question & answer on the wrapper - hence the name! Oooooh - just made me mouth water!!!!!

Latest posts

Back