Sweets you ate when you were a kid

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmmmm.

yes bring back the nutty bar, i love em:green:

deb x

Does anyone remember thos cinamon flavoured tic tacs?

or those sensations - I remember the theme tune so well.......

unlock a sensation form needlers, its two great sweets in one, and beneath that crispy coating, is a flavour full of fun:eek: :eek: :eek: How sad am I?

Does anyone remember spin-offs from Jelly Tots (which are still around), there used to be Tiger Tots (liquorice), Candy Tots (dolly mixtures) and Teddy Tots (can't remember what they were) but I remember the song word for word that went with the ad and it's quite long so that makes me even sadder!!

What happened to Cabana? I loved that! It was a bit like Bounty only softer and had pieces of cherry in it . . .

Cadbury Bar Six? That tasted wonderful . . . .

What was the nutty bar someone mentioned? It kinda jogged my memory but not quite enough. But I think I liked them!

Does Nobody rememeber these? They were a wafer covered in nuts with chocolate over the top (blue rapper yellow writing) and I can still taste it as a describe it. My grandad used to collect his pension and meet me at the school fence with 50p and a BANJO. He couldn't do this now he'd be arrested!m :eek: Thinking about it he'd have a problem to do it now from where is anyway. Bless him.:hug:

I can remenber eating.. Honeycombe covered in choclate.. but the honeycombe was orange flavor or mint flavor.. it was not crunchie..

Floal gums.. uummmmmmmm hard chewy thing, now they are soft chewy thing:irked::irked: not the same:cry:

rubarb and custard, they wer oblong, and half yellow half pink and covered in hard sugar, eat enough of them and your tounge was raw.
Pear drops
sherbut lemons
and slightly of product heart ice creams:lick:
No wonder I have a weight problem:)

As I am very old - Lucky Numbers and Spangles.

Well Joe90 I am old too - fruit salads and those spaceship looking things that had sherbet inside them (they came in all pale pastel colours).

The other day Dexter got some Starburst sweets - I guess they are the new version of Opal Fruits but would just like to add that Opal Fruits totally rocked compared to these things, I thought they tasted pants!

I too loved cherry lips and stawberry bon bons - we used to get these at school!!

Cinnamon balls!!!

Very addictive!

rubarb and custard, they wer oblong, and half yellow half pink and covered in hard sugar, eat enough of them and your tounge was raw.
Pear drops
sherbut lemons Bassett's still make these, and even better all 3 are available in the same bag. Sweetshop favourites, or something like that xx
and slightly of product heart ice creams:lick:
No wonder I have a weight problem:)

Well Joe90 I am old too - fruit salads and those spaceship looking things that had sherbet inside them (they came in all pale pastel colours). Ooh I love these, I had a bag yesterday (left over from my little ones birthday party, honest :lol: ) 3 for £1 in Asda and even better hardly any calories :lick:

The other day Dexter got some Starburst sweets - I guess they are the new version of Opal Fruits but would just like to add that Opal Fruits totally rocked compared to these things, I thought they tasted pants!

I too loved cherry lips and stawberry bon bons - we used to get these at school!!

Ooh I am starting to get cravings now :lol:

Thank you - Flying Saucers - that's what they were called!! :hug:

Can still get those. I always hated the things but Ethan came home with them the other day. Noah tried one and his face all but turned inside out, not sure he'll eat another :lol:

For me it was Spangles but not the cloudy green ones, always reminded me of snot!

Does Nobody rememeber these? They were a wafer covered in nuts with chocolate over the top (blue rapper yellow writing) and I can still taste it as a describe it. My grandad used to collect his pension and meet me at the school fence with 50p and a BANJO. He couldn't do this now he'd be arrested!m :eek: Thinking about it he'd have a problem to do it now from where is anyway. Bless him.:hug:

Flippin eck - banjo's I remember them, they were lovely!

There is an English Lolly shop just up the road from where i live, i got mum some black bullets and some licorice bullets for her Xmas goody bag, she was amazed they were still available. Last time they were at my apartment, I took them for a walk to the shop and dad was blown away they had dried licorice root (it looks like a dried twig) well i have taken to it (it costs $1) dad said it was a penny a piece when he was a kid, my parents are in their late 60's and to see them in a English candy shop when they have been in AUS for over 40 years was a real treat.
It's funny when i hear the saying "like a kid in a candy shop". You should see pensioners in a candy shop:)

Anyone remember Wham bars? They were bright pink with fizzy, sherbety bits in them. For some unfathomable reason we used to buy them before choir practise. They completely welded your teeth together, making singing impossible! Mr Heyward (music teacher) used to go mental!!:green:

I loved cola and pineapple cubes and those cough candy twist things. Yum! Ooh, and Jelly Tots.

Sherbert Pips mmmm
Army and Navy

My list is endless lol xx

Latest posts

Back