The Whole Ball of Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondrai

Reaction score
Was reading a thread about waxing, where many of you recommended The Whole Ball of Wax as a waxing must have. Was just wondering for those of you who have it, how is the easiest way to get hold of a copy, I believe the author is American? Did you buy it here? Would love to get hold of this DVD!
Many thanks.

Many thanks for your help Brow Queen........By the way you answered my first thread as I am new to this site!!:)

You're welcome. If you want have any questions on waxing just post them on here or PM me. xxx

I've wanted this dvd for yonks!

Shame it's so expensive - although I have no doubt it is worth every penny, my hubby isn't convinced :cry: and I suppose the kids do need feeding :lol:.

Shame it's so expensive - although I have no doubt it is worth every penny, my hubby isn't convinced :cry: and I suppose the kids do need feeding :lol:.

Same here :cry:

I know it's suppose to be a very good DVD, but I can't justify spending that sort of money ....

Marlise

I thought the very same Gelly when I was considering buying it.... but honestly it is no dearer than a one2one tuition with a professional waxer and I can promise you, what you don't know about waxing after this double dvd then it's not worth knowing. It is all shown in real time and excellent quality with lady and men models, covering the whole body. It has improved my confidence with waxing 100%. Completely worth the money and some! And the best thing is.. it is always there for me to have another look if I am worried about waxing any area again. :hug:

Never heard of it!! Gosh I am behind the times then

I thought the very same Gelly when I was considering buying it.... but honestly it is no dearer than a one2one tuition with a professional waxer and I can promise you, what you don't know about waxing after this double dvd then it's not worth knowing. It is all shown in real time and excellent quality with lady and men models, covering the whole body. It has improved my confidence with waxing 100%. Completely worth the money and some! And the best thing is.. it is always there for me to have another look if I am worried about waxing any area again. :hug:

I agree 100% with all of this Jen - and in fact we'd probably pay much more for one-to-one tuition that covers so much, so in that respect the price of the DVD is a bargain! I've recouped my initial outlay many times over, just from the time saving tips I picked up, and still pop it on every now and then for inspiration.

Lori is a fantastic teacher and is known internationally as The Wax Queen by being the best at what she does.

Seriously folks, I don't recommend things unless I really think they are worth the investment, and if anyone is looking to boost their waxing skills or make a living from hair removal then this DVD set is essential viewing (even if you've been waxing for years!). Stick it on your Christmas list, lol!! :D

Andy x

Maybe I should get it, you kind of forget a little when you have been doing it a long time. Would be nice to get new techniques

i sooooo want this, i'm just unsure of how much i'd get out of it, without 'real life' demos and being taught in the usual way i learn skills. guess it could worth a go!

I've been thinking of buying the DVD for ages and I suppose with the exchange rate being so good its never been a better time than now!!

Suzanne

Good points!
One more question -
I use a roller wax system - could I still benefit from the dvd like a pot waxer would?

I agree 100% with all of this Jen - and in fact we'd probably pay much more for one-to-one tuition that covers so much, so in that respect the price of the DVD is a bargain! I've recouped my initial outlay many times over, just from the time saving tips I picked up, and still pop it on every now and then for inspiration.

Lori is a fantastic teacher and is known internationally as The Wax Queen by being the best at what she does.

Seriously folks, I don't recommend things unless I really think they are worth the investment, and if anyone is looking to boost their waxing skills or make a living from hair removal then this DVD set is essential viewing (even if you've been waxing for years!). Stick it on your Christmas list, lol!! :D

Andy x

Good points!
One more question -
I use a roller wax system - could I still benefit from the dvd like a pot waxer would?

Short answer - yes!

Although the demonstrations are carried out using pot and spatula (soft and hard waxes), the DVD will guide you through client positioning, stretches, specific techniques for each body area and time-saving tips that will be of benefit regardless of the system you use :)

Andy x

aww Im intrigued now but ive already been told off today for over spending @the wholesalers :smack:
I dont think other half will like it if i purchase the Dvd as well
maybe if i email him a wish list ......... :rolleyes:

For those looking at buying it I've had an e-mail back, its $185 for the DVD and Shipping. At the current exchagne rate that works out as approximately £91 + any VAT and Import Duty customs decide to place on the order.

You know what? All this talk of Whole Ball of Wax made me get my copy out and take a quick look. Like everything I buy, I WANT IT, I WANT IT, GOTTA HAVE IT ! Then I get it and don't actually watch it right through........I just skimmed through to what I was interested in. Don't get me wrong, the parts that I did skim to were great and they gave me the confidence to know that it was no different from what I'd be taught and have taught myself.

So, my conclusion is this: Lori Nestore is a fab teacher and the 2 dvd's are great but are they worth that amount of money? I'm not sure. Yeah, I know I've said in earlier posts that it was worth every penny but I've had a re-think. Don't forget that I ended up having to pay about £25 import tax on top of the $185 price and delivery .

I'm not saying that it isn't a brilliant thing to have.............I'm just saying that maybe for what you get, it's a bit expensive. If it was say $100, I'd say go for it. Don't forget that Lori uses both soft and hard wax (strip and non strip) so if you don't use non strip wax (hard/hot), the rest of it will be what you already learnt at college and probably no different.

Sorry to rain on your parade but I like to be fair and I don't want to see you spending your hard earned money on something that isn't suitable.

Ooooh I have to disagree, there's definitely stuff in the dvd I did not learn at college:eek::eek:

Such as chest, shoulders, back, arms (yes, I did not do these at college!) neckline, hairline, nostrils, ears, and of course male & female brazilian!!

I'm pleased with the dvd, I personally would recommend it. :green:

Although I am a bit of a spendthrift :lol::lol::lol:

So, my conclusion is this: Lori Nestore is a fab teacher and the 2 dvd's are great but are they worth that amount of money? I'm not sure. Yeah, I know I've said in earlier posts that it was worth every penny but I've had a re-think. Don't forget that I ended up having to pay about £25 import tax on top of the $185 price and delivery .

I'm not saying that it isn't a brilliant thing to have.............I'm just saying that maybe for what you get, it's a bit expensive. If it was say $100, I'd say go for it. Don't forget that Lori uses both soft and hard wax (strip and non strip) so if you don't use non strip wax (hard/hot), the rest of it will be what you already learnt at college and probably no different.
Sorry Kimmi, but on this occasion I have to disagree with your views. This dvd set is a LOT more in depth than I was taught firstly by a private company in depilatory waxing then secondly by VTCT certificate at collage.

I didnt have to pay import duty with mine so it was about £90 all in - less than a session with a personal one2one trainer. You do get value for money, and it is always there to refer back to. If you don't already use hot wax, you may well be tempted to do so after watching how efficient it is for certain body areas. I use it now for all my intimate waxing and facial waxing and it is so much less traumatic for the client than the strip wax in these areas. The strip wax still has its place for larger areas, but it is good to have a choice and the confidence to use both methods.

:hug:

FAIRY NUFF ! I stand corrected. I didn't realise that they didn't teach all that at schools these days. I don't understand why though.xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back