To karaoke or not

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soriminah

Reaction score
I'm sitting on my couch and I can hear a birthday party somewhere very close going on - they just sang happy birthday so that's a bit of a giveaway.

Anywho, they have got a karaoke machine going - my ears are about to start bleeding. So far they've had women singing high pitched songs which they feel they can sing after multiple drinks - drinking and falsetto do not mix.

Karaoke should come with a warning. "Drinking and Karaoke do not mix. You and other drunk people with think you sound fantastic, sober people with think you sound as crap as you really are".

I have not fallen into this trap. I know I sing crap drunk or sober. However, I can carve up the dancefloor when drunk :D.

crikey! I'm too scared to go into a pub never mind sing too!

hope your ears recover soon lol xx

I am a karaoke queen....once the playstation singstar is out I don't even let the kids have a go.
I'm not that bad a singer honest..mind you the people around me are usually as drunk as I am.......:lol:

I too am a Karaoke Queen!
I love it, usually when Im very drunk/merry!!

My favs are Black Velvet by Alannah Myles and Never Ever by All Saints! lol!!!

Im a no-no kareoke but pour me a few drinks and I totally microphone hog and rip it from your hands so quick - you wouldnt know it was gone till you tried to sing into it. (the worst kind)

And when Im sober I do actually like to hear how bad we are - its even funnier.

i have sang at karaoke once but there were so many of us nobody would have heard me.:) i sing on singstar all the time at home with the kids though. some people are very bad but hey at least they have a go!! if you can't stand to hear them when you're sober then i suggest you do what i do and get drunk with them!:lol:

My daughter and I do the Singstar too. Have you ever recorded iy and played it back? I thought I wasn't too bad a singer until I heard it. Must remember never to sing in public again!

hi i go on singsnap i love singing !! here is the site if you want a go all you need is a mic!

SingSnap | SingSnap - It's a fame thing my name on there is satine so if you go on the site look me up !!:lol:

I looooooove Karaoke!!!!! especially when I've NOT had a drink! I take it too seriously and wana do my best!

gosh no, i am way to much of a coward. :eek:

kareeeeeeokeeeee!! just ask me mates.. if i see a mic i turn into a diva! I even won our locals search for next idol! cant sing.. but i got mooooves! drunken ones at that.. and the only other woman was wearing pleather!! given really!

No not me not ever ever ever will I do karaoke - I cant even stay in a pub/room when people are making prats of themselves because I feel embarassed for them, I have even left a drink and gone to another pub and I have even gone home, same with those shows that play tricks on people to make them look silly or stupid I cant stand them. I love comedy and comediens and sit-coms etc but not shows that humiliate people on purpose.

Trish:hug:

Latest posts

Back