Warning for mobile Techs!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christi

Softie Walter Geek
Reaction score
:cry:

Just wanted to remind all you mobile tech's about leaving any kits in your car over night. Dont get to complacent and think oh it will be ok ive done it before!!!!!!!(ALWAYS ALWAYS TAKE YOUR KIT OUT OF YOUR CAR AT NIGHT)

WIsh i had practiced what i preached and just maybe i would 'nt be leaving this little reminder today.

Yesterday i had gone to a clients house who was going to married today yep(Friday 13th) i had enhancements, waxing and a tint to do for her, and enhancements for her two friends, no problem everone was happy.

I got home and as i have done time after time left my kit in the car jumped in my partners car and went shopping,..... No one i know in our area have ever had a problems... until now that is!

This morning there was a knock on the door about 7.30 one of my elderly neighbours and a friend from over the road said you had better come look at your car's, :grr: Yeah youv'e guessed it:mad: my b****y car had been broken into.
My beauty case with all my nail products, brushes etc, and i carry two black square cases from sallys, with my mini wax pot etc in one, Gel lamp and daylight lamp in other all gone, along with my cd player and a few cd's.

They had got in it by smashing my rear quarter window and opening the back window so not much damage to the car.

The police woman was very nice on the phone and they came out quite early (about 11:40 am) to take prints. they found foot prints and we think a couple of finger prints, so keepng our fingers crossed, but as they have said there isn't very much else they can do as no one seen or heard anything, apart from keeping there eyes open to see if the cd player turns up, there is more chance of that showing up than my stock apparently!

This is just another in a line of knock backs we have had recently, I am so upset, can't afford to replace everything just yet as we are just trying to get back on our feet as my partners just going back to work after an accident, and i am out of work too so i am well peed off,... Oh never mind will get there!

But hey could have been worse we are lucky they never took the car and burnt it out or caused more damage. They did try and screw driver the locks on my partners car too without success though, thank fully (just an old Astra estate but runs ok).

Christi x

I'm so sorry to hear that hun, i had my window smashed and cd player taken a few months back so i know how you feel, but all your nail stuff too you must be devastated i really feel for you hun and i hope they catch the *beep* who did it. Mega big hugs and i hope things get better soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh no thats awful, perhaps someone followed you from your clients house after they'd seen you loading up.

I do leave my stuff in the car sometimes but i park in garage & its locked.

I know its a bit late now but if you have insurance with professional beauty you can pay extra to be covered if this happens. This is what i have done so if you pop into supermarket for anything your covered if it happens then.

Sorry to hear your bad news:hug:

:cry:

Just wanted to remind all you mobile tech's about leaving any kits in your car over night. Dont get to complacent and think oh it will be ok ive done it before!!!!!!!(ALWAYS ALWAYS TAKE YOUR KIT OUT OF YOUR CAR AT NIGHT)

WIsh i had practiced what i preached and just maybe i would 'nt be leaving this little reminder today.

Yesterday i had gone to a clients house who was going to married today yep(Friday 13th) i had enhancements, waxing and a tint to do for her, and enhancements for her two friends, no problem everone was happy.

I got home and as i have done time after time left my kit in the car jumped in my partners car and went shopping,..... No one i know in our area have ever had a problems... until now that is!

This morning there was a knock on the door about 7.30 one of my elderly neighbours and a friend from over the road said you had better come look at your car's, :grr: Yeah youv'e guessed it:mad: my b****y car had been broken into.
My beauty case with all my nail products, brushes etc, and i carry two black square cases from sallys, with my mini wax pot etc in one, Gel lamp and daylight lamp in other all gone, along with my cd player and a few cd's.

They had got in it by smashing my rear quarter window and opening the back window so not much damage to the car.

The police woman was very nice on the phone and they came out quite early (about 11:40 am) to take prints. they found foot prints and we think a couple of finger prints, so keepng our fingers crossed, but as they have said there isn't very much else they can do as no one seen or heard anything, apart from keeping there eyes open to see if the cd player turns up, there is more chance of that showing up than my stock apparently!

This is just another in a line of knock backs we have had recently, I am so upset, can't afford to replace everything just yet as we are just trying to get back on our feet as my partners just going back to work after an accident, and i am out of work too so i am well peed off,... Oh never mind will get there!

But hey could have been worse we are lucky they never took the car and burnt it out or caused more damage. They did try and screw driver the locks on my partners car too without success though, thank fully (just an old Astra estate but runs ok).

Christi x
Oh Christi,how terrible,so sorry to hear about this.Little s****.

What UV light did you have?.I have an old one you can have if its any help.Might help towards starting over again.:hug:

Ohh Hun I'm so sorry for you, here's lots of big hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: xxxxxx

You will have to make a list of everything that's been stolen and let the insurance company have it. Get thinking & don't miss anything off.

Maybe us geeks can get together & post you out some stuff to keep you going?? On loan or something??
WELL GEEKS _ WHAT DO YOU THINK?

HOW WOULD WE FEEL IF IT HAPPENED TO US?

Let's hope something gets sorted soon xxxx

Post a list up of what you need & lets see what we can all do!:hug: xx

Ohh Hun I'm so sorry for you, here's lots of big hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: xxxxxx

You will have to make a list of everything that's been stolen and let the insurance company have it. Get thinking & don't miss anything off.

Maybe us geeks can get together & post you out some stuff to keep you going?? On loan or something??
WELL GEEKS _ WHAT DO YOU THINK?

thats a lovely idea, if i am able to help i will xx

Another thing to bear in mind with storing kit in cars is how temperature affects how products work...... Storing at extreme temperatures (hot or cold) can lead to product breakdown.....

This wasn't posted to kick you while you're down, honest :hug: ! It's just worth a reminder I think.....

I'm really sorry to hear about your break in, I hope the police catch the thieving toerags.....

Oh this is all you need isnt it... the bas**rds! :hug::hug:

Oh hun thats awful, I agree if we can halp at all, then count me in. I don't understand these people! They wouldn't know what to do with your stuff hun. I hope the police get them x

sorry to hear this mate.

If you tell us what your missing some of us may have surplus bits and bobs we dont want - just hanging around (as we are all spendaholics!!)

****ty thing to happen.:hug: :hug: :hug:

Amb x

Christi you must be gutted... as would any of us be if we were in the same situation...

Write out a list of everything you need and we'll do our best to help you out...
which products and brands did you use most of?

Hope you get back on your feet again soon :hug: xxx

im really pissed to hear this christi as your one of the most giving ,do anything for anyone geeks on here......

i wish i was in a position to help you out

wonder if sam and samantha feel like giving you a free trolly dash around your local one stop shop??????????

what a shame hun, so sorry for you xxxxxxxxxxx

Ahh god Chris - I feel for you.

et on that insurance claim right now!!

Big hugs from across the seas

I know exactly how you feel, I had my make-up case stolen a good few years ago and they broke the window exactly the same as yours. Thyat was in the afternoon and I completely forgot to take it out.

My latest 1 was my waxpot/bag with my lash tints in etc, that was just a few month ago but I always leave my wax pot in behind the drivers seat.

So I take everything out no matter how tired I am (it is a pain getting everything out when its late at night).

Feel for you mate!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

sorry to hear that,
are you covered on your car, house or babtac/beauty insurance?????????

what rotten ba88&rds.....................i hope they get their com-upance:mad:
if you find out whom it is, then use your new tip cutterto cut off their theiving ba&&&rd fingers!!!!!!

Really sorry to hear what's happened, but you let us know what you need and i'm sure we can all chip in and send you some bits to get you started.

We are ALL here if you need us.

Really sorry to hear what's happened, but you let us know what you need and i'm sure we can all chip in and send you some bits to get you started.

We are ALL here if you need us.
See other thread for a list and PM Bev Rose for details address of where to send items and paypal donations email address...She is helping Chriti to organise it.

Latest posts

Back