What did you eat lastnight?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night it was rump steak & salad.
With a drizzle of olive oil on the salad.

Tonight - roast chicken thighs (Skin off & de-boned) with sir fried veg & some chilled sparkling cava.:lol: I find meat cooked on the bone so much juicier. Chicken breast meat is sooooo dry, unless it's got stilton stuffed in the middle & wrapped with prosciutto, but I'm not allowed to do it that way just now.

I ate umm cholesterol ROFL
Quick and easy, and the kids LOVE it.

Italian sausages (mild, not spicey) that were first par-boiled to get rid of most of the fat.
Then suateed in a pan to brown them and finish them off.
I made my "spicey" potatoes. Which, is 'new' potatoes, scrubbed, cut in chunks (skin left on), boiled, then water drained, butter/margarine added, minced garlic, pepper, salt, chilli powder, paprika, then all fried up.
Steamed brocoli.

Home-made brownies with tiramisu flavoured topping (sour cream & cream cheese with flavouring added)

Bon appetit.

Most nights, we have 3 or 4 different veggies on our plates. I LOVE chicken and pasta. Pork and beef... not so much.
Shrimp is a MUST once a week and my eldest daughter's favorite.

Quail tonight (4 of the little buggars), quartered, then marinated in sesame oil & chinese rice wine.

I then roasted them, cooled them off, dipped them in rice flower and deep fry for 2 mins, served with a salt, pepper & fresh lime dipping sauce.
Served with chargrilled bok choy, marinated in Balsmamic, olive & sesame oil.

Gaaawd I think I need a husband, cooking for one can be a pain.:)

Tonight - Roast Gammon, new potatoes, broccoli, peas , carrots and parsley sauce. Oh and a ring of pineapple!!

XX:hug:

I had heart attack in a paper bag tonight.

An ultimate double whopper meal with onion rings.:eek:

Salmon marinaded in lemon & a bit of garlic with curry potatoes made from scratch, quite hot:eek: but YUMMY!!!:)

Well tonight is lamb shanks in a red wine sauce, mash, sprouts, broccoli and spinach.

I might treat myself to a glass of wine as well :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So it's parted duvet night tonight:)
I hate being single, I really miss a sprouts and broccoli challenge:)
Doonahs at 50 paces ......

I hate being single, I really miss a sprouts and broccoli challenge

And you wonder why lol :wink2:

I love the warm weather but it makes eating and cooking rubbish,last night i made grilled steak we had it with garlic pitta salad veggie rice and onions rings,but i'm fed up of salad,i really really want liver and sausage caserole with mushrooms onions and loads of mash with fresh garedn pea's ............ bring on the winter pmsl !

I love the warm weather but it makes eating and cooking rubbish,last night i made grilled steak we had it with garlic pitta salad veggie rice and onions rings,but i'm fed up of salad,i really really want liver and sausage caserole with mushrooms onions and loads of mash with fresh garedn pea's ............ bring on the winter pmsl !

LOL Becki! Im the same - i really want beef stew and dumplings!! Yum!

Having stir fry tonight...

Quail tonight (4 of the little buggars), quartered, then marinated in sesame oil & chinese rice wine.

I then roasted them, cooled them off, dipped them in rice flower and deep fry for 2 mins, served with a salt, pepper & fresh lime dipping sauce.
Served with chargrilled bok choy, marinated in Balsmamic, olive & sesame oil.

Gaaawd I think I need a husband, cooking for one can be a pain.:)

I've never had quail but I'd like to give that meal a go......sounds yummy:lol:

Tonight is sausages, I don't know what with yet as he is out on the lash and if it gets that late they'll just have to be stuck in a roll

Latest posts

Back